Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment: Republican Senators leaving Senate Chamber During Impeachment Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
    They did do that but there was no impeachment challenge taken to court. I believe Clinton tried to influence witness testimony by asking them to lie for him. Nixon claimed executive privilege of the tapes in a criminal proceeding not an impeachment proceeding. Nixon argued that executive privilege is superior to everything except impeachment proceedings.
    That’s not true,

Nixon first released edited transcripts of the tape and refused to hand them over. It took the Supreme Court in The United States vs. Nixon to get the tapes handed over.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      As Schiff said: "We're not going to delay our work." "That would merely allow these witnesses and the White House to succeed with their goal which is to delay, deny, obstruct."
      So what you're saying is that Schiff and his circus could not wait but instead think that months later the Senate should do the job for him that he refused to do. Does that even make sense to you?

And as Pelosi's stunt demonstrated, the Democrats have absolutely no issue with waiting. And if it weren't for her own caucus demanding that she get off her butt she would still be delaying sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Why do they feel the need to obstruct Trump's alibis to the accusations of extortion? Presumably because Trump would not be exonerated by such witnesses - as increasingly seems to be the case. Bolton's manuscript being but the latest example.
      Since even the Times was forced to admit that the have not seen the manuscript once again the left is relying on uncorroborated rumors.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment