Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment: 71% of Republicans want witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Except Ivanka and Jared are volunteers and not being paid anything.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...port-FINAL.pdf
    And you don't think that they're making millions in connection to their positions in the Administration?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      And you don't think that they're making millions in connection to their positions in the Administration?
      Got anything to back that up, other than emoji bookends?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Not the least bit surprising that you're tootin' the party line.
        If the DOJ had reason to believe that Hunter Biden violated the law they should investigate. They never did, and that is not what Trump was up to here. He didn't even ask for an investigation, he simply and secretly extorted, with the leverage of desperately needed military aid, Zelensky to publicly announce an investigation on CNN. Trump didn't even want it to be known that he had anything to do with it, but he got caught!
        And when he got caught, he released the withheld aid which should tell you that it had nothing to do with corruption in general, it had only to do with his scheme to smear Biden.
        Last edited by JimL; 01-29-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Got anything to back that up, other than emoji bookends?
          Not off hand, not in fact, but you'd have to be pretty naive to believe that their positions in the White House are simply altruistic. They made 135 million in 2018, Jareds debt was cut by 13 million, and the real estate investment firm that he's associated with, Cadre, recieved 90 million in foriegn funding.

Comment

Not off hand, not in fact, but you'd have to be pretty naive to believe that their positions in the White House are simply altruistic.
            That's a far cry from somebody being there to get filthy rich.

They made 135 million in 2018, Jareds debt was cut by 13 million, and the real estate investment firm that he's associated with, Cadre, recieved 90 million in foriegn funding.
            I'm just a lot more careful about making charges I can't support with fact, but, hey --- to each his own.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If the DOJ had reason to believe that Hunter Biden violated the law they should investigate. They never did, and that is not what Trump was up to here. He didn't even ask for an investigation, he simply and secretly extorted, with the leverage of desperately needed military aid, Zelensky to publicly announce an investigation on CNN. Trump didn't even want it to be known that he had anything to do with it, but he got caught!
              And when he got caught, he released the withheld aid which should tell you that it had nothing to do with corruption in general, it had only to do with his scheme to smear Biden.
              I'm having a deja vu --- seems like you posted pretty much this very same post elsewhere.

Comment

Not off hand, not in fact, but you'd have to be pretty naive to believe that their positions in the White House are simply altruistic. They made 135 million in 2018, Jareds debt was cut by 13 million, and the real estate investment firm that he's associated with, Cadre, recieved 90 million in foriegn funding.
                For your reading pleasure:

These endeavors — along with the six-figure pension all former presidents receive — have significantly contributed to the Obamas' net worth, which is at least $40 million, according to a 2018 GoBankingRates estimate. The New York Post recently pegged their fortune much higher, at $135 million.

From the time Barack joined the US Senate in 2005 to the end of his presidency, he made $20 million alone from his presidential salary, book royalties, and investments, Forbes reported. And based on all the projects the couple has taken on in the short time since leaving the White House, we can only expect them to make many millions more.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bara...t-worth-2018-7

Can’t wait to see your universal condemning of the Obama’s.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'm just a lot more careful about making charges I can't support with fact, but, hey --- to each his own.
                  Let's not overlook the fact that virtually anyone who already had millions in investments are going to make many millions more in an economy like we have today.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Let's not overlook the fact that virtually anyone who already had millions in investments are going to make many millions more in an economy like we have today.
                    The Obama’s and Clinton’s are far richer now than when they first entered the WH. I’m sure we’ll hear universal condemning from Jimmy about that fact any minute now...
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I didn't make a criminal charge, and neither was a criminal charge made against Hunter Biden other than nepotism. perhaps we should investigate Jared and Ivanka?

Comment

I didn't make a criminal charge,
                        Nor did I state, suggest or imply that you did.

and neither was a criminal charge made against Hunter Biden other than nepotism.
                        Hmmmm.... you're feeling particularly feisty this morning?

perhaps we should investigate Jared and Ivanka?
                        As long as it's done in the same completely bipartisan spirit and with the overwhelming support of the American people like the impeachment sham?

Comment

They already have millions and are probably losing money taking time away from their businesses.

Comment

I didn't make a criminal charge, and neither was a criminal charge made against Hunter Biden other than nepotism. perhaps we should investigate Jared and Ivanka?
                            Hey Jimmy, are you going to condemn the Obama’s for the millions they have made while in the WH and after?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Nor did I state, suggest or imply that you did.

Hmmmm.... you're feeling particularly feisty this morning?

As long as it's done in the same completely bipartisan spirit and with the overwhelming support of the American people like the impeachment sham?
                              A more apropo response would be "as long as it's done in the same completely corrupt way that the president tried to have the Bidens investigated."

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                They already have millions and are probably losing money taking time away from their businesses.
                                Naive.

Comment