Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Guns and speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    All of which was very peaceful.
    But my post does raise the question of whether the rally participants were inherently peaceful, or just peaceful due to the efforts of law enforcement.

If law enforcement had not made a detailed plan, would the result have been a peaceful rally? Does peace just break out, or does it require significant planning and preparation?

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      But my post does raise the question of whether the rally participants were inherently peaceful, or just peaceful due to the efforts of law enforcement.

If law enforcement had not made a detailed plan, would the result have been a peaceful rally? Does peace just break out, or does it require significant planning and preparation?
      Again, like I said - if you watched the rally law enforcement was both out numbered and out gunned. They were peaceful because they chose to be peaceful.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So? I'm not allowed to make an observation?

If law enforcement had not made a detailed plan, would the result have been a peaceful rally?
        On behalf of the responsible gun owners, absolutely. As to the loony left, that's anybody's guess. You won't see responsible gun owners pooping on police cars, or blocking and trashing the city streets and causing mayhem.

Does peace just break out, or does it require significant planning and preparation?
        Peace exists in my house and in my church, not because of "significant planning and preparation", but because, like Robert Charles Winthrop said...

"Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without them; either by the word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible, or by the bayonet."
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sort of like the right wing press predicting that Antifa terrorists was mounting a false flag operation, seven busloads of Antifa dressed as Patriots were going to ignite violence at the rally to make the pro gun side look like evil terrorist. Antifa was paying crisis actors 250 dollars per day, demonstrators, injured victims, and Patriots in tactical gear. The Antifa snipers on top of buildings were apparently not needed! And the Navy is supplying expertise in signal counter intelligence.

The police planning was successful, the rally went off without a hitch. I wonder if it would have been peaceful without a detailed police response and crowd control plan.
          About 85% of the "press" I follow is what many regard as "right-wing," i.e. Fox News. This post is the first time I heard *anything* about those Antifa predictions.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            About 85% of the "press" I follow is what many regard as "right-wing," i.e. Fox News. This post is the first time I heard *anything* about those Antifa predictions.
            I have no idea what he's talking about, but I don't watch or listen to Fox News anymore. I mainly scan Drudge and Real Clear Politics.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Liberal Media Totally Eats It With Their Fake News Coverage of VA's Pro-Gun Rights Rally

Virginia Citizen’s Defense League had their Lobby Day yesterday. Thousands attended. It was probably the best turnout in years. And that’s the keyword here, folks: years. The VCDL has been organizing this event for quite some time, but if you’d check out MSDNC, CNN, and other liberal outlets infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome, you’d think this was the inaugural Nazi event in Richmond.

Yes, this was a crowd filled with white nationalists, who were really mutants because they morphed into Asians, blacks, and women. Like the evil chameleons that they are, they mutated into folks who aren’t white and also didn’t commit any crimes. There were no arrests made at the rally. Of course, I’m being sarcastic.

This was never nor has it ever been a Nazi gathering. You’d have to snort a ton of cocaine laced with Drano to believe that garbage lie, but the liberal media was at it again, peddling straight fakes news about the violence that was to come because law-abiding citizens were making their voices heard on gun rights.

In spite of the Chicken Little response from the Governor, all was quite and peaceful.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Well Antifa did show up, but I did not hear that by right wing press (who ever that is). Remember I'm speaking of the main stream press. And BTY if you watched the rally the cops were both out numbered and out gunned, it was peaceful because gun rights advocates are largely law abiding, unlike Antifa.
                My oldest daughter works at MCV and had to use the rear entrance to avoid the masked Antifa counter-protesters. One got arrested for refusing to take the bandana off her face. But otherwise, they just obstructed the sidewalks throughout the day according to my daughter looking out of her work window.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  My oldest daughter works at MCV and had to use the rear entrance to avoid the masked Antifa counter-protesters. One got arrested for refusing to take the bandana off her face. But otherwise, they just obstructed the sidewalks throughout the day according to my daughter looking out of her work window.
                  I remember when we were in DC many moons ago for the Promise Keepers Rally. I was on the team to assure that we left the place as clean as when we found it, so I was in direct contact with the Park Police.

When the rally was over, and everybody was heading home, my Park Police liaison took me around in his golf cart, and was absolutely amazed how neat and clean everything was - NOTHING left behind --- except piles of trash where the protesters were - including a pile of bras where some very lewd women were screaming about abortion rights, and taking off their shirts and bras, exposing their boobs, and leaving a bunch of protest signs and other trash.

One of the EASIEST jobs I ever had --- clean up trash after a Promise Keepers' event, where no trash was left behind.

The ONLY evidence left behind that we were there was a large stack of Bibles on the sidewalk with a sign that said "Free, please take one or a few".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I remember when we were in DC many moons ago for the Promise Keepers Rally. I was on the team to assure that we left the place as clean as when we found it, so I was in direct contact with the Park Police.

When the rally was over, and everybody was heading home, my Park Police liaison took me around in his golf cart, and was absolutely amazed how neat and clean everything was - NOTHING left behind --- except piles of trash where the protesters were - including a pile of bras where some very lewd women were screaming about abortion rights, and taking off their shirts and bras, exposing their boobs, and leaving a bunch of protest signs and other trash.

One of the EASIEST jobs I ever had --- clean up trash after a Promise Keepers' event, where no trash was left behind.

The ONLY evidence left behind that we were there was a large stack of Bibles on the sidewalk with a sign that said "Free, please take one or a few".
                    You should have put a similar sign next to the pile of bras.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Did I miss that? Drats!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Virginia Sheriffs (the ones that the governor would try to use to confiscate guns) were at the rally protesting FOR the gun owners.

--
                          Grayson County Sheriff Richard Vaughan was seen voicing his opposition to new gun control measures being discussed in the Democrat controlled Virginia state legislature. Vaughan said “If the bills go through as proposed, they will not be enforced. They are unconstitutional.”

Grayson County Sheriff Richard Vaughan:
                          “If the bills go through as proposed, they will not be enforced. They are unconstitutional.”

“We support upholding the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of Virginia. That’s what we will do,” Vaughan continued.

Vaughan and others could be seen carrying a sign that read “WE SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...-rally-photos/

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Well Antifa did show up, but I did not hear that by right wing press (who ever that is). Remember I'm speaking of the main stream press. And BTY if you watched the rally the cops were both out numbered and out gunned, it was peaceful because gun rights advocates are largely law abiding, unlike Antifa.
                            Unlike Antifa? You noted that (1) they were there, and (2) that things were peaceful.

Combine one and two, then the conclusion is that Antifa were peaceful!

I tried to find something, anything, on how law enforcement handled the various factions, if groups were separated, and of there was an orchestrated sequence of events.

Usually lobbying days need the groups to sign up to see the legislatures and moved as small groups around to the various legislators. So there was one set of people probably inside the building, one set inside the square, and one group outside the perimeter. Overlay those groups with the rough divide of "pro gun" and "anti gun", then each of the three sets can be dived down more.

Also, lobbying days usually have many different groups lobbying, was gun rights the only topic of the day?

Another point, the rally was a media event, people were there to show some broad and mass solidarity in the issue, and it was successfully pulled off, a violent rally, like Charlottesville would have been counter productive.

Is tactical gear really the image of the right to bear arms? Many on the right and left wondered at the militarization of police forces; the preferred image is for gun rights is not the minute man wearing his street clothes!
                            Last edited by simplicio; 01-22-2020, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Unlike Antifa? You noted that (1) they were there, and (2) that things were peaceful.

Combine one and two, then the conclusion is that Antifa were peaceful!

I tried to find something, anything, on how law enforcement handled the various factions, if groups were separated, and of there was an orchestrated sequence of events.

Usually lobbying days need the groups to sign up to see the legislatures and moved as small groups around to the various legislators. So there was one set of people probably inside the building, one set inside the square, and one group outside the perimeter. Overlay those groups with the rough divide of "pro gun" and "anti gun", then each of the three sets can be dived down more.

Also, lobbying days usually have many different groups lobbying, was gun rights the only topic of the day?

Another point, the rally was a media event, people were there to show some broad and mass solidarity in the issue, and it was successfully pulled off, a violent rally, like Charlottesville would have been counter productive.

Is tactical gear really the image of the right to bear arms? Many on the right and left wondered at the militarization of police forces; the preferred image is for gun rights is not the minute man wearing his street clothes!
                              Yes, the Richmond Police and the VA State Police kept the factions separated. And they were armed to the teeth.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                Yes, the Richmond Police and the VA State Police kept the factions separated. And they were armed to the teeth.
                                Was the peaceful outcome a result of any inherent qualities of the participants, or the efforts of the law enforcement planning and execution of the plan?

Comment