Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's speech malfunctions from Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Tom Arnold? The former actor who has been peddling Trump-related conspiracy theories so out there that even the maliciously anti-Trump New York Times said that to characterize them as "a nothingburger is inadequate" (and referred to them as a "nothingbuffet").
    I'm not claiming Trump snorted Sudafed. The claim is he snorts Adderall. Your link is irrelevant.

Did you even visit the links I posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Already done - it's called the 25th Amendment.
      Yes, and the 25th Amendment is deliberately very difficult to invoke and is primarily intended for the transfer of power when the president is effectively incapacitated and not merely because he stumbled over a few words in a speech.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Already done - it's called the 25th Amendment.
        Theoretically yes. But it wasn't invoked against Reagan so in practical terms no. And Trump has shown how easy it is to surround yourselves with loyalists who will never support the president's removal so doubly no.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Yes, and the 25th Amendment is deliberately very difficult to invoke and is primarily intended for the transfer of power when the president is effectively incapacitated and not merely because he stumbled over a few words in a speech.
          MM did you watch the video I posted?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
            I'm not claiming Trump snorted Sudafed. The claim is he snorts Adderall. Your link is irrelevant.
            Even your first source, Newsweek, wasn't able to confirm that Arnold's "co-witness" (and likely the sole source for the story to which Arnold glommed onto) ever even worked on The Apprentice making it highly doubtful that he saw what he alleges.

So your sources are someone who has been hyping stories that the New York Times called a "nothingbuffet" (someone who makes the late Art Bell or Alex Jones look like fonts of reliable information and the gospel truth) and a guy who wasn't there.

Yeah, that's sure some "documentation" you have there

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              It took a minute to find an example:

Obama is a powerfully effective orator -- but only when he reads from a teleprompter. When he can't he sounds like a High School kid giving an oral report.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Obama is a powerfully effective orator -- but only when he reads from a teleprompter. When he can't he sounds like a High School kid giving an oral report.

I think you've just insulted every high school kid ever.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Except we know that Trump's doctors lie, at least about his height.
                  So nothing, of consequence. Just a crazy conspiracy theory easily explained by being up for several days and stress.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Can I please get a show of hands from the Trump supporters who watched my video? Don't @ me about other stuff until you do.

Comment

Can I please get a show of hands from the Trump supporters who watched my video? Don't @ me about other stuff until you do.
                      I did, did you bother to look up the effects of sleep deprivation? Slurred speech is a common sign. Again, no conspiracy required.
                      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-11-2020, 12:17 PM.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        I think you've just insulted every high school kid ever.

I actually got an A for a book report for a non-existent book that I made up out of whole cloth an hour before I presented it.

I credit the fact that when I was a young'un my father used to host Dale Carnegie public speaking seminars in our living room twice a week for the salesmen under him (at the time he was the Assistant Regional Sales Manager for Chrysler).

After listening to the same presentation literally dozens of times I can pretty much give a speech instinctively. My only weakness is at the introduction when I'm still a bit nervous.

Comment

The fact that I cited one of your own sources back at you should suffice to answer that question.

Comment

I actually got an A for a book report for a non-existent book that I made up out of whole cloth an hour before I presented it.

I credit the fact that when I was a young'un my father used to host Dale Carnegie public speaking seminars in our living room twice a week for the salesmen under him (at the time he was the Assistant Regional Sales Manager for Chrysler).

After listening to the same presentation literally dozens of times I can pretty much give a speech instinctively. My only weakness is at the introduction when I'm still a bit nervous.
                            One of my crowning moments in my college public speaking class was when I gave a 15-minute extemporaneous speech. And I was completely honest about it in my self evaluation. We were supposed to study and practice in front of friends, and so on, but I told my instructor, "Nope, I just made it up on the spot." I got an A.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                              Biden seems to have dementia too, which is one reason I think it's crucial that Bernie rather than Biden be the Dem nominee.
                              The fact that Bernie just had a heart attack doesn't concern you at all? My nightmare scenario is he is the nominee and has another one in, say, October. Hard to believe he could win if that happened.

Mandatory 3rd party health-testing and publication of the results could be worthwhile though, along with mandatory releasing of tax returns.
                              You're right that we can't bake any maximum age restrictions in. Argh. Well, we'll have to figure something out. Obviously I'd prefer a parliamentary system like you suggest but uhh... it's a tall order to get there from here :).

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                I did, did you bother to look up the effects of sleep deprivation? Slurred speech is a common sign. Again, no conspiracy required.
                                As someone who was sleep deprived for around a decade due to medical reasons I'm well aware :). But his his word salad wasn't slurred in those clips so that can't be it. Also there are prescription drugs you can take which make you right as rain no matter how little sleep you've gotten. I've taken Provigil a few times in my life and it's like a miracle how awake and aware it makes you in minutes even after staying up the entire night.
                                Last edited by DivineOb; 01-11-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment