Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pelosi Blinks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pelosi Blinks

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...U1fui-OCL38oj9
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Friday that she will take steps next week to send impeachment articles to the Senate, after delaying the process since last month in a bid to extract favorable terms for a trial.

    “I have asked Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler to be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate. I will be consulting with you at our Tuesday House Democratic Caucus meeting on how we proceed further,” Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote in a letter to colleagues.
    Won't deny I'm disappointed that the evidence working its way through the courts won't be part of the trial but Pelosi has played this masterfully so I trust her judgement.

    We gonna live blog this? I hope Mountain Man is up to the task ;).

  • #2
    Pelosi Blinks

    Which is indeed a neat trick given the gallons of botox she's had pumped into her face over the past few years[1]

    It looks like the pressure applied by her fellow Democrats to get off her... um, donkey, and stop stalling has taken its toll. Pelosi says that she will finally send the articles of impeachment to the Senate next week.

    Source: Pelosi: House will move to transmit impeachment articles next week



    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Friday that she will take steps next week to send impeachment articles to the Senate, after delaying the process since last month in a bid to extract favorable terms for a trial.

    “I have asked Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler to be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate. I will be consulting with you at our Tuesday House Democratic Caucus meeting on how we proceed further,” Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote in a letter to colleagues.

    The decision to release the articles came as fellow Democrats in recent days had started to voice frustration and impatience with the speaker's approach. They stressed the urgency with which impeachment was treated at the end of 2019 and questioned why the House would then delay a trial by using articles as leverage.

    Asked about Pelosi's decision to move forward on Friday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said: “About time.”



    Source

    © Copyright Original Source



    So McConnell called her bluff and in the end she folded like the proverbial house of cards.





    1 there was an actual drinking game a couple years back based on how many times she blinks when she gives a speech. I doubt anyone ever gets more than a slight buzz.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Which is indeed a neat trick given the gallons of botox she's had pumped into her face over the past few years[1]

      It looks like the pressure applied by her fellow Democrats to get off her... um, donkey, and stop stalling has taken its toll. Pelosi says that she will finally send the articles of impeachment to the Senate next week.

      Source: Pelosi: House will move to transmit impeachment articles next week


      [ATTACH=CONFIG]42015[/ATTACH]

      House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Friday that she will take steps next week to send impeachment articles to the Senate, after delaying the process since last month in a bid to extract favorable terms for a trial.

      “I have asked Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler to be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate. I will be consulting with you at our Tuesday House Democratic Caucus meeting on how we proceed further,” Pelosi, D-Calif., wrote in a letter to colleagues.

      The decision to release the articles came as fellow Democrats in recent days had started to voice frustration and impatience with the speaker's approach. They stressed the urgency with which impeachment was treated at the end of 2019 and questioned why the House would then delay a trial by using articles as leverage.

      Asked about Pelosi's decision to move forward on Friday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said: “About time.”



      Source

      © Copyright Original Source



      So McConnell called her bluff and in the end she folded like the proverbial house of cards.





      1 there was an actual drinking game a couple years back based on how many times she blinks when she gives a speech. I doubt anyone ever gets more than a slight buzz.
      While we’re insulting like true Christians, let’s remember that Trump has phosphorescent caps and dyes his hair.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Pelosi Blinks - Which is indeed a neat trick given the gallons of botox she's had pumped into her face over the past few years[1]
        Definitely laughed out loud on that one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by whag View Post
          While we’re insulting like true Christians, let’s remember that Trump has phosphorescent caps and dyes his hair.
          His comb-over is funnier than his hair dye.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by whag View Post
            While we’re insulting like true Christians, let’s remember that Trump has phosphorescent caps and dyes his hair.
            IS that his hair?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              IS that his hair?
              I believe it is, just not crown hair.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                IS that his hair?
                00000000000000a00aa1a.gif

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  I believe it is his hair.

                  I've heard Trump compared to William Shatner in that department. Makeup people who worked with Shatner in the early years (50s/60s) say he wasn't bald or even nearly bald, but he had unusually thin, fine-wispy hair in the front. With the wrong lighting, he appeared to have a massively receding hairline. So his hair was fiddled with a lot. I think Shatner did eventually "skin out" by the time of TJ Hooker because that looked like a toupee to me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Obviously Hawley's proposed resolution had its intended effect, because if the Democrats didn't do something then the Senate would have voted to dismiss the articles in the next couple of days. Although I'm wondering if Pelosi's plan is to put the matter to the House where they'll debate it for the next few weeks.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God


                    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      I believe it is his hair.

                      I've heard Trump compared to William Shatner in that department. Makeup people who worked with Shatner in the early years (50s/60s) say he wasn't bald or even nearly bald, but he had unusually thin, fine-wispy hair in the front. With the wrong lighting, he appeared to have a massively receding hairline. So his hair was fiddled with a lot. I think Shatner did eventually "skin out" by the time of TJ Hooker because that looked like a toupee to me.
                      It is his hair. He's allowed several different people to check it publicly from Jimmy Fallon (who the left virtually crucified for "humanizing" Trump) to Nikki Haley

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think he should shave his head and grow a beard.

                        trumpbald.jpg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Obviously Hawley's proposed resolution had its intended effect, because if the Democrats didn't do something then the Senate would have voted to dismiss the articles in the next couple of days. Although I'm wondering if Pelosi's plan is to put the matter to the House where they'll debate it for the next few weeks.
                          A number of prominent Democrats have been taking Pelosi to task for the delay ranging from Sen. Dianne Feinstein and the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, Adam Smith (both who later walked back their criticism), to several rank-and-file Senate Democrats who's comments Sen. Mitch McConnell quoted earlier this week. I'd be surprised if this wasn't a major factor in her decision to admit defeat.

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I think he should shave his head and grow a beard.

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]42027[/ATTACH]
                            Then he really would look like a Russian agent

                            Not to long ago he did try slicking it back

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]42029[/ATTACH][/indent]
                              The Mullet Man!

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:39 PM
                              14 responses
                              72 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post whag
                              by whag
                               
                              Started by seer, Yesterday, 02:30 PM
                              6 responses
                              41 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by whag, Yesterday, 02:17 PM
                              2 responses
                              24 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post whag
                              by whag
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                              13 responses
                              52 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 07:03 AM
                              64 responses
                              241 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Working...
                              X