Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jewish Americans coming home to the GOP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewish Americans coming home to the GOP?

Do Jewish Americans find the Republican Party a comfortable fit?

The Dems, the party of the left, does have a problem with an undercurrent of antisemitism, notably Tlaib and Omar.

"I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or a great disloyalty"

Israelis love Trump like he is the second coming of god... If you vote for,a Democrat, you're being disloyal to the Jewish people, and you are being very disloyal to Israel. Only weak people would say anything other than that.

Hey, I can't imagine why Jews vote Democrat (sarcasm). Is respect for Jewish culture, Jewish faith, Jewish people part of the Republican view? To some extent, it is. But many conservatives see respect for Jewish interests in residing in one particular issue: Israel.

One can support Israel for strategic reasons (US policy needs a friendly democracy in the area), or for theological reasons. For some reason, not all Jews are comfortable with a divine plan which has their role as dying in a conflagration before they go off to hell. Of course, they can escape hell by renouncing their religion.
    Last edited by simplicio; 01-09-2020, 06:00 AM.

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    Do Jewish Americans find the Republican Party a comfortable fit?

The Dems, the party of the left, does have a problem with an undercurrent of antisemitism, notably Tlaib and Omar.

"I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or a great disloyalty"

Israelis love Trump like he is the second coming of god... If you vote for,a Democrat, you're being disloyal to the Jewish people, and you are being very disloyal to Israel. Only weak people would say anything other than that.

Hey, I can't imagine why Jews vote Democrat (sarcasm). Is respect for Jewish culture, Jewish faith, Jewish people part of the Republican view? To some extent, it is. But many conservatives see respect for Jewish interests in residing in one particular issue: Israel.

One can support Israel for strategic reasons (US policy needs a friendly democracy in the area), or for theological reasons. For some reason, not all Jews are comfortable with a divine plan which has their role as dying in a conflagration before they go off to hell. Of course, they can escape hell by renouncing their religion.
    Where should Jewish loyalties lie? Can Jews be patriotic Americans if their ultimate loyalty is to some other country?

At one time, we questioned the loyalty of Americans who professed allegiance to the Communist International or Moscow. And rightly so. That does not mean that I don't recognize that there were excesses.

Can one be a faithful Jew and not support Trump? Can one be a faithful (and patriotic) Christian and not support Trump?
    Last edited by simplicio; 01-09-2020, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Your trolling is getting obvious.

Yes a faithful Jew or a Christian can not support Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Your trolling is getting obvious.

Yes a faithful Jew or a Christian can not support Trump.
        So examining the ideas of the president, the ideas of Christians on Tweb is trolling!

Comment

https://www.ajc.org/sites/default/fi...Book_11.19.pdf

This is a recently completed survey on American antisemitism.

Comment

Do Jews see the Republican party as representing their ideas?

Do Jews see the Republican hold on power as abetting antisemitism or as a bulwark against it?

Comment

My favorite Deli is Jewish.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So examining the ideas of the president, the ideas of Christians on Tweb is trolling!
                That is not what you were saying.

I am starting to notice a pattern with your posts. Yes, you are trolling for reactions.

But carry on, I like a good troll now and then. Might want to ask first floor for some tips. He is the master.

Oh and posting back to back posts (like answering yourself) is against our rules. You need to wait for someone to respond before continuing on with your posts. It's a minor thing so we let it slide a bit, but you seem to do it a lot. If it has been less than 45 minutes, just edit your last post and add to that.

Post Length Considerations
                The maximum post length is 24K characters not including quoted material. Do not use multiple posts to circumvent this restriction. Please keep your points concise and limit the number of major points made in a debate/discussion to 1 or 2 per post max as this encourages discourse. Rebuttal posts get undesirably lengthy from both a writer's and a reader's perspective when there are too many points to address. Additionally, please allow the other person to respond to your post before making additional substantive posts and points directed towards that same person (i.e. back-to-back responses to a single post are not allowed.)
                http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...orumpostlength
                Last edited by Sparko; 01-09-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Do Jews see the Republican party as representing their ideas?

Do Jews see the Republican hold on power as abetting antisemitism or as a bulwark against it?
                  A bit bigoted to assume all Jews think alike.

Comment

That is not what you were saying.

I am starting to notice a pattern with your posts. Yes, you are trolling for reactions.

But carry on, I like a good troll now and then. Might want to ask first floor for some tips. He is the master.
                    This thread parallels another thread, a thread which relies on common talking points. The arguments are strikingly similar used to support the idea that black voters' interests lie in the Republican party; and Jewish voters interests lie in the Republican Party.

Both discussions ignore the issues important to the electoral blocs.

But by dismissing it as trolling does give you an excuse to avoid discussing it.

Comment

This thread parallels another thread, a thread which relies on common talking points. The arguments are strikingly similar used to support the idea that black voters' interests lie in the Republican party; and Jewish voters interests lie in the Republican Party.

But by dismissing it as trolling does give you an excuse to avoid discussing it.
                      Actually, no, because a black is a black because he's black.

A Jew is a Jew because:
                      A) His/her mother was a Jew (cultural/relational)
                      2) He/she was born in Israel (national)
                      C) He/she converted to Judaism (religious)
                      Are you aware that there are hundreds of thousands of secular Jews, and even thousands and thousands of atheist Jews?

You really can't group "Jews" together like you're doing.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am discussing it. I answered your question in post #2 for example.

You seem to think all blacks and all Jews should think alike. I know several blacks who are Republicans and some who are Democrats. I know that the Democrats have recently been very anti-Israel and that ticks off American Jews. I also know that most conservative Christians feel that Jews and Israel are our friends and allies. Jesus and the Apostles were all Jews, after all.

As a Christian what do YOU think of Jews, and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Actually, no, because a black is a black because he's black.

A Jew is a Jew because:
                          A) His/her mother was a Jew (cultural/relational)
                          2) He/she was born in Israel (national)
                          C) He/she converted to Judaism (religious)
                          Are you aware that there are hundreds of thousands of secular Jews, and even thousands and thousands of atheist Jews?

You really can't group "Jews" together like you're doing.
                          Do you really think that those fine distinctions are kept in mind when the conversation turns to Israel, or Jewish support for Israel, or Jewish influence in society?

Comment

I am discussing it. I answered your question in post #2 for example.

You seem to think all blacks and all Jews should think alike. I know several blacks who are Republicans and some who are Democrats. I know that the Democrats have recently been very anti-Israel and that ticks off American Jews. I also know that most conservative Christians feel that Jews and Israel are our friends and allies. Jesus and the Apostles were all Jews, after all.

As a Christian what do YOU think of Jews, and why?
                            What do I think of the Jews? I think that most Jews are sensitive to occurrences of antisemitism. I do not believe that they are designed for hell.

How many American blacks have not felt the sting of prejudice, of racism? I do believe that the potential exists for African Americans to move to the Republican party and conservatism because many are conservative. However, Republicans need to counter the perceived undercurrent of racism within its ranks, and ditto for the conservative movement.

I do not think denial of, or some Dems do it too is productive.

Comment

What do I think of the Jews? I think that most Jews are sensitive to occurrences of antisemitism. I do not believe that they are designed for hell.

How many American blacks have not felt the sting of prejudice, of racism? I do believe that the potential exists for African Americans to move to the Republican party and conservatism because many are conservative. However, Republicans need to counter the perceived undercurrent of racism within its ranks, and ditto for the conservative movement.

I do not think denial of, or some Dems do it too is productive.
                              The extreme right (KKK, White Supremacists) are not representative of the GOP, so characterizing the GOP as racist is nonsense to begin with. It make a convenient whipping boy for the Democrats to use but it isn't true. The average Republican isn't any more or less racist than the average Democrat. And there are plenty of racist black republicans and democrats too. Stop painting with such a broad brush.

The thing that holds back most blacks from joining the Republican party isn't white racism, it is being demonized by other blacks, being called "race traitors," "uncle Toms" etc.

Comment