Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jewish Americans coming home to the GOP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I showed where she made actual antisemetic statements. Sheesh. You pick one thing and have been going on about that for pages now? from another thread? wow.

1. Accusing American Jewry of possessing dual loyalty. <---- wow

2. Alleging that Jews buy their influence with money, infamously stating "It's all about the Benjamins."
    3. Accusing Israel of having hypnotized the world.
    4. Supporting the antisemitic Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel.
    5. Submitting a resolution in the House of Representatives comparing boycotting Israel to boycotting the Nazis.
    6. Having her antisemitic statements endorsed by infamous neo-Nazi David Duke.

She was even called out by her fellow democrats and told to cool it.

Again, what are you babbling about?
    The Dems had the good sense to condemn the dual loyalty charge from Omar, or maybe the just plain sense. However, Republicans really did n't have a problem when it was directed at Lt Col Vindman.

https://www.businessinsider.com/repu...earing-2019-11

Several times you have deflected away from the problematic statements by pointing to the Dems, which is the use of a tu quoque.

If it is wrong, it is wrong. If it is wrong when liberals do it, then I is wrong when others do it.

One reason jewish voters have not flocked to the Republican Party (the non liberal voters, that is) is the perception of Republicans accepting far right views, providing safe harbor.

Just what did you mean by the comment "no duh"?

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      The Dems had the good sense to condemn the dual loyalty charge from Omar, or maybe the just plain sense.
      Followed immediately by Pelosi proclaiming that there is "no taint" of anti-Semitism in the Democratic Party and denying that Omar is anti-Semitic.

So much for that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Dems had the good sense to condemn the dual loyalty charge from Omar, or maybe the just plain sense. However, Republicans really did n't have a problem when it was directed at Lt Col Vindman.
        Because they weren't accusing him of being loyal to Ukraine because of his religion or race so how is it the same thing? The dual loyalty canard has long been something white nationalists and the KKK have accused Jews of. It's a "thing"

Several times you have deflected away from the problematic statements by pointing to the Dems, which is the use of a tu quoque.

If it is wrong, it is wrong. If it is wrong when liberals do it, then I is wrong when others do it.

One reason jewish voters have not flocked to the Republican Party (the non liberal voters, that is) is the perception of Republicans accepting far right views, providing safe harbor.

Just what did you mean by the comment "no duh"?
        As in, it it is obvious if you subscribe to racists beliefs you are a racist. The question becomes are the beliefs actually racist or something someone made up just to play a victim or accuse someone else of being racist? Seems to me a lot of the things liberals accuse conservatives of being racist for, are just nonsense. And no, I am not going to list them here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Because they weren't accusing him of being loyal to Ukraine because of his religion or race so how is it the same thing? The dual loyalty canard has long been something white nationalists and the KKK have accused Jews of. It's a "thing"

As in, it it is obvious if you subscribe to racists beliefs you are a racist. The question becomes are the beliefs actually racist or something someone made up just to play a victim or accuse someone else of being racist? Seems to me a lot of the things liberals accuse conservatives of being racist for, are just nonsense. And no, I am not going to list them here.
          Which things are racist? One moment the dual loyalty canard from Omar is racist, the next moment the dual loyalty charge for Vindman is not. Dual loyalty is indeed a "thing".

The charge is defended when it is leveled against Jews, even the Klan and Nazi types present their justification form the charge. The charge against Vindman is likewise defended and rationalized.

Bottom line: The charge is given credence, moving it to the realm of the possible. Which is part of the reason why the article I linked to noted that some people called it antisemitic, even though Vindman was not Jewish.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Followed immediately by Pelosi proclaiming that there is "no taint" of anti-Semitism in the Democratic Party and denying that Omar is anti-Semitic.

So much for that.
            And so much for the claim of no taint of antisemitism within the Republican message when Vindman was questioned before, the cameras.

O,AR made the charge, which shows a taint of antisemitism within the Dem Party. Conservatives made the charge against Vindman, showing the dual loyalty charge can easily gain traction. Among conservatives and Republican loyalists.

Comment

And so much for the claim of no taint of antisemitism within the Republican message when Vindman was questioned before, the cameras.

O,AR made the charge, which shows a taint of antisemitism within the Dem Party. Conservatives made the charge against Vindman, showing the dual loyalty charge can easily gain traction. Among conservatives and Republican loyalists.
              When exactly did any Republican stand up and proclaim that there was "no taint" of anti-Semitism in the party as Pelosi so infamously did right after Omar and some other Democrats made a series of anti-Semitic remarks[1]? And how does suggesting that Vindman might have dual loyalty to Ukraine anti-semitism? Is Ukraine a Jewish state?

Personally, I think that charges of "dual loyalty" based solely on someone's ancestry is a cheap stunt.

1. IIRC, didn't Jesse Jackson ask Joe Lieberman to make a loyalty oath soon after Gore picked him as his running mate? This was when the MSM were insisting that it would be conservatives who objected to a Jew being Vice President but in reality the objections came from the left.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When exactly did any Republican stand up and proclaim that there was "no taint" of anti-Semitism in the party as Pelosi so infamously did right after Omar and some other Democrats made a series of anti-Semitic remarks[1]? And how does suggesting that Vindman might have dual loyalty to Ukraine anti-semitism? Is Ukraine a Jewish state?

Personally, I think that charges of "dual loyalty" based solely on someone's ancestry is a cheap stunt.

1. IIRC, didn't Jesse Jackson ask Joe Lieberman to make a loyalty oath soon after Gore picked him as his running mate? This was when the MSM were insisting that it would be conservatives who objected to a Jew being Vice President but in reality the objections came from the left.
                Why on earth would Jews see the charge of dual loyalty of Vindman as antisemitic? Jews live in a world which the charge has been leveled continuously throughout history.

The concept has been picked up by countless people as credible, but if it is credible in one case, allowed to stand unchallenged, then it achieves the status of rational, and an acceptable part of polite discourse.

It was aired by Republicans, defended by Republicans and conservatives as not really antisemitic because Vindman is not Jewish.

If a Dem accused Jews of dual loyalty, how many Christian conservatives find ways to view it as not antisemitic? Omar leveled the charge.

Comment

Where does any ultimate loyalty lie for the Jew?

Where does any ultimate loyalty lie for the Christian?

Comment

Where does any ultimate loyalty lie for the Jew?

Where does any ultimate loyalty lie for the Christian?
                    00000000000000ab000-00aaae.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42125[/ATTACH]
                      Do you get your understanding of the Christian faith from comedians, or it this an attempt at "parody" of the of the faith?

The OP refers to a controversial comment made, and since it is not an isolated comment, it is worth exploring.

The post contained two questions. Care to address both?

Comment

Do you get your understanding of the Christian faith from comedians, or it this an attempt at "parody" of the of the faith?

The OP refers to a controversial comment made, and since it is not an isolated comment, it is worth exploring.

The post contained two questions. Care to address both?
                        Ironic coming from someone who the majority of his posts have been snarky satires don't you think?

I have addressed your points in this thread and others only to have you ignore them

Comment

Ironic coming from someone who the majority of his posts have been snarky satires don't you think?

I have addressed your points in this thread and others only to have you ignore them
                          And when I address the points made by you...........

But each snarky satire has been preceded by an attempt at discussion, in which someone kindly points out my lack of native intelligence, my lack of sufficient Christian credentials, or through the emphasis of the eristic over the faith based view.

Comment

And when I address the points made by you...........

But each snarky satire has been preceded by an attempt at discussion, in which someone kindly points out my lack of native intelligence, my lack of sufficient Christian credentials, or through the emphasis of the eristic over the faith based view.
                            IOW, it's okay if you do it

Comment

Just what does Jewish in name only mean in any Christian context?

Was David and the various Prophets really Jewish? Was Sen. Lieberman really Jewish?

Or does being Jewish demand a specific set of political views?

What does the "synagogue of satan" refer to? Does refer to Jews who reject the Christ, as some Christians claim, or those opposed to the message of the Christian Church? Does it refer to those who accept the Talmud (which teaches Jews are a superior race, according to Texe Mars) and its teachings?

Comment

Reason for the stampede of Jews to the Republican party: https://inspiredmessage.com/2017/03/...j-trump-and-7/

And with the number of African Americans switching to the Republicans........

Comment