Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republican Party leader in Delaware blames Jews for Trump’s impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican Party leader in Delaware blames Jews for Trump’s impeachment

https://www.jns.org/republican-party...s-impeachment/

“What amazes me the most in these theatrical Congress hearings, is to see how many Jews ‘In Name Only’ lend themselves to be in the hoaks [sic] of the pure made up story of Impeachment that the Democrats have woven as spiders catching flies and bugs,” wrote Sussex County Republican Party vice chairwoman Nelly Jordan

“These jews [sic] have been enrolled to come and testify, to come and interrogate and to be involved in anything that the Democrats enlist them to do to try to look credible to the people of this country,” the post also stated.

Jordan added that Jews were going against the G-d’s will, “as it was in the times of the Old Testament.”
    It is a dangerous game to exploit [economic anxiety] to win elections because there's always someone who takes it two or ten steps too far. I know many Republicans would condemn these statements but if we want to stop seeing things like this we have to also start condemning the Soros memes, birtherism (on all levels), jokes about Michelle Obama, Stephen Miller, and all similar exploitation of [economic anxiety].
    Last edited by DivineOb; 01-08-2020, 11:53 PM.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    https://www.jns.org/republican-party...s-impeachment/

It is a dangerous game to exploit [economic anxiety] to win elections because there's always someone who takes it two or ten steps too far. I know many Republicans would condemn these statements but if we want to stop seeing things like this we have to also start condemning the Soros memes, birtherism (on all levels), jokes about Michelle Obama, Stephen Miller, and all similar exploitation of [economic anxiety].
    Apparently, Jordan knows them will of G-d, and so is authoritative!

Is it about political opportunism, or are those ideas really part of the culture and the way people really think?

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      Apparently, Jordan knows them will of G-d, and so is authoritative!

Is it about political opportunism, or are those ideas really part of the culture and the way people really think?
      There are a large number of people that hold ideas like this just below the surface waiting for a time when they feel safe enough to say them out loud. Trump and the current GOP trend have provided that environment.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        There are a large number of people that hold ideas like this just below the surface waiting for a time when they feel safe enough to say them out loud. Trump and the current GOP trend have provided that environment.
        TDS

I'm not even sure why anti-Semites would see a champion in Donald Trump who has Jewish family members and is one of the strongest supporters of Israel to sit in the Oval Office in decades.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

She should be removed from office, immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            TDS

I'm not even sure why anti-Semites would see a champion in Donald Trump who has Jewish family members and is one of the strongest supporters of Israel to sit in the Oval Office in decades.
            You dont see because you choose not to.

Trump has given voice to these groups. Whether trump holds all the same ideals they do is irrelavent. Trumps own racism, his anti immigration rhetoric, his comments on charlottesville, his comments on Haiti, his handling of Puerto Rico, could go on and on. His deference to demagogues, his anti media rhetoric, even his hate filled tweets containing personal attacks on peopke, even private citizens, his refusal to distance himself quickly from David Duke. All this has emboldened these people and created that environment where they feel they can Express what they have kept below the surface with some safety, that there are sympathetic ears out there.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Trump has given voice to these groups. Whether trump holds all the same ideals they do is irrelavent. Trumps own racism, his anti immigration rhetoric, his comments on charlottesville, his comments on Haiti, his handling of Puerto Rico, could go on and on. His deference to demagogues, his anti media rhetoric, even his hate filled tweets containing personal attacks on peopke, even private citizens, his refusal to distance himself quickly from David Duke. All this has emboldened these people and created that environment where they feel they can Express what they have kept below the surface with some safety, that there are sympathetic ears out there.
              The alt right nutbars jumped on the Trump bandwagon early on, 2015. That was when many Republicans still thought his run for office was another chapter in the life of the reality TV star. Some of the support was cultivated, such as Bannon and Spencer some of it was not directly cultivated.

Trump has been accused of ties to the alt right from the beginning, which is why his comments after Charlottesville surprised me. I would have though he or his staff would have something prepared that would be symbolic yet widely accepted.

Comment

You're right, racism and anti-Semitism were never a problem in America until Trump was elected.

TDS

And I'm not going to go through your laundry list of whoppers, but I will zero in one in particular, because it's a lie I've called you on before. You claim that Trump "[refused] to distance himself quickly from David Duke". Here's a response to that from over a year ago:

That is a bald-faced lie. I showed you video evidence where Trump just two days before the CNN interview emphatically and without hesitation disavowed David Duke during a televised press conference. Here's the video clip in question, February 26, 2016:

Trump: "I didn’t even know he endorsed me. David Duke endorsed me? Okay, all right. I disavow, okay?"

Two days later, February 28, during the CNN interview, Trump says he couldn't hear the questions clearly because of a faulty earpiece. If you read the CNN transcript, it's pretty clear that Trump heard something about "David Duke" and a reference to "groups" but didn't have the full context of the question and so answered the best he could, and his main intent seemed to be getting it on record that he had no personal relationship with David Duke.

The day after the interview, February 29, Trump was on the Today Show and made his position crystal clear:

"I’m sitting in a house in Florida, with a very bad earpiece that they gave me, and you could hardly hear what he was saying. But what I heard was ‘various groups.’ And I don’t mind disavowing anybody and I disavowed David Duke. And I disavowed him the day before at a major news conference…. I have no problem disavowing groups, but I’d at least like to know who they are. It would be very unfair to disavow a group if the group shouldn’t be disavowed. I have to know who the groups are. But I disavowed David Duke."

March 1, Trump was asked by ABC news,

"So, are you prepared right now to make a clear and unequivocal statement renouncing the support of all white supremacists?”

His unflinching response: “Of course I am."

March 1, he was asked about it again at a press conference where he said,

"We had a news conference and they asked me the exact same question. I said I disavow. Now, right after the [CNN interview] that we’re talking about — and I thought it was clear, but you know, we’re talking about groups, groups, groups. I do have to know the name of the group because, who knows? I mean, they have to give me the name of the group. But right after, when I reviewed it, I put out a tweet and I put out on Facebook that I totally disavow. Now everybody knew I did that but the press refused to look at that. It was right after. And I disavowed then; I disavowed today on ABC with George Stephanopoulos, I disavowed again. I mean, how many times are you supposed to disavow? But I disavow and hopefully it’s the final time I have to do it. But if you look at Facebook and if you look at Twitter, right after the show I put out a statement because I want everybody to be sure."

You claim Trump was walking on eggshells because he didn't want to lose the support of white supremacists, but the facts clearly show that your claims are 100% false.

It's OK, I don't expect you admit you're wrong. That's just the kind of guy you are.
                The rest of the items in your list aren't any more truthful.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Sounds like she has been paying attention in church. How many of the ideas are heard in church, read about, found on the net?

How far from the mainstream is she?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    She should be removed from office, immediately.
                    Indeed. If she's not, it will tell you a lot about the current trend in the GOP.

Comment

You're right, racism and anti-Semitism were never a problem in America until Trump was elected.

TDS

And I'm not going to go through your laundry list of whoppers, but I will zero in one in particular, because it's a lie I've called you on before. You claim that Trump "[refused] to distance himself quickly from David Duke". Here's a response to that from over a year ago:

The rest of the items in your list aren't any more truthful.
                      I dont know where you get these rewrites of history, you seem to think I wasn't alive then. There were two days at least of news on the endorsement of David Duke where he did not refuse it. He even claimed at one point not to know who david Duke was. Disinformation is something you do well MM.

Comment

Indeed. If she's not, it will tell you a lot about the current trend in the GOP.
                        From the linked article in the OP:

Delaware GOP chairwoman Jane Brady criticized Jordan’s comments.

“Neither I nor the Delaware Republican Party, which I represent, condone any statements that demean or show disrespect to others,” she said in a statement on Thursday.

“The remarks made by Nelly Jordan, who was elected to her post by the Sussex County GOP Executive Committee, were offensive, hurtful and anti-Semitic. The process is different for Jordan because she was elected into her post and not appointed, unlike Rowe who was appointed to his position. Nelly will have to make a choice of either resigning or going through a process to seek her removal.”

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                          Sounds like she has been paying attention in church. How many of the ideas are heard in church, read about, found on the net?

How far from the mainstream is she?
                          Where do you get that idea? Your ideas have been rather more antagonistic toward Christianity than not lately. What's with that?
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...extensive.html

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...tive-movement/

While I don't see that Trump actively cultivated support, as the NR implies, but I think it accurate that Trump's unwillingness to distance himself until he is cornered is telling.

But Trump is one individual, while conservatism is a collective of sorts. Has the conservative movement tried to,distance itself from the extreme right? I don't think so, as the NR article points out.

The conservative movement has a lot of Christians, so it could be asked if those objectionable views really objectionable to many Christian conservatives?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Where do you get that idea? Your ideas have been rather more antagonistic toward Christianity than not lately. What's with that?
                              Let's take a look at some of the ideas in the controversial Facebook post:

-"Jew in make only"

-going against the Lord's will for opposing Trump

-as in the times of the Old Testament.

Why on earth would any Christian have a problem with those ideas? Maybe those ideas do represent the true faith, in which case I am guilty of attacking christianity
                              Last edited by simplicio; 01-09-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment