Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republican Party leader in Delaware blames Jews for Trump’s impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Trumps reluctance to disavow Duke in 2015...
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Apparently you're going to keep running with this lie as long as you think you can get away with it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's not a lie. For some reason he acted in a way that gave the perception at least he was reluctant to alienate the WS/Neo-Nazi crowd as it related to the Duke endorsement.

The claim this was a 'bad earpiece' is hogwash. He said, and I QUOTE:

Source: Donald Trump

"Well, just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. okay? don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know.

"I don't know, did he endorse me or what's going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about

© Copyright Original Source

You 'logic' that says this was some sort of mistake because blah blah is flawed. He knew what was asked. He said the name David Duke, and he talked about WS. He heard them just fine and he was trying to pretend he didn't know anything about the fellow. IOW, He played to them to get elected. Just like he played to them in Charlottesville. Why he did that is anyone's guess, but he has consistently shown himself to be of similar stripe over the course of his presidency and does not mind having them in his base.

And of course, the broader point is that by doing this and the other things in my list from the earlier post for three years+, he has created an environment where people with these kinds of ideas feel themselves emboldened, feel they can speak their mind more freely. And they are.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-09-2020, 01:25 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Faulty ear pieces and the like seem to happen to Trump an awful lot. Don't they test these things before going live and verify that the participants can hear clearly (yes they do)?
        Does Trump frequently complain about faulty ear pieces during interviews? I'm not aware that he does.

Do they test them? Yes... and no. As someone who used to work in the world of television news, I can assure you that the business is a lot more rough and ready than a lot of people think, even at the national and international level. It's not exactly a slick, high tech production. Quite often the "test" for an ear piece is little more than the videographer or sound tech sticking it in his ear for a few seconds, saying, "Yeah, it's making noise," and then they hand it to the on-air talent. I can't tell you the number of times I did a field live shot with a reporter who complained afterwards that they couldn't clearly hear the studio. Sometimes it was a technical fault of the ear piece itself (those things tend to get beat to death in a field kit); other times it was simply poor fidelity audio being fed down the line. So I find Trump's explanation that he was given a faulty earpiece completely plausible.

Comment

Does Trump frequently complain about faulty ear pieces during interviews? I'm not aware that he does.

Do they test them? Yes... and no. As someone who used to work in the world of television news, I can assure you that the business is a lot more rough and ready than a lot of people think, even at the national and international level. It's not exactly a slick, high tech production. Quite often the "test" for an ear piece is little more than the videographer or sound tech sticking it in his ear for a few seconds, saying, "Yeah, it's making noise," and then they hand it to the on-air talent. I can't tell you the number of times I did a field live shot with a reporter who complained afterwards that they couldn't clearly hear the studio. Sometimes it was a technical fault of the ear piece itself (those things tend to get beat to death in a field kit); other times it was simply poor fidelity audio being fed down the line. So I find Trump's explanation that he was given a faulty earpiece completely plausible.
          That sort of sound equipment does tend to have it's troubles, but it's a red herring, an excuse, irrelevant.

His response makes quite clear he heard the question, regardless of whether the earpiece was acting up.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That was the same reason given for why he thought Soleimani led the Kurds (instead of Quds) in another thread I created on this very board!

What do you make of this?

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump doubled down on his controversial stance on the Central Park Five, a group of black and Latino teenagers who had been wrongly convicted of an assault on a white female jogger in Central Park in 1989.

Trump was asked by American Urban Radio Networks reporter April Ryan whether he'd apologize to the accused men for taking out newspaper ads calling for their execution. All five were exonerated in 2002 after Matias Reyes confessed to raping the woman, which was backed up by DNA evidence.

Trump played a role in the controversy, spending $85,000 to take out a newspaper ad calling for the teenagers' executions.

"BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY AND BRING BACK OUR POLICE," the ad said
            Last edited by DivineOb; 01-09-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              It's not a lie. For some reason he acted in a way that gave the perception at least he was reluctant to alienate the WS/Neo-Nazi crowd as it related to the Duke endorsement.
              Somehow I'm not even the least bit surprised that is the perception you got.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think it's somewhat unfair to hold an entire party accountable for what one local leader shows, but at the same time I have little sympathy for anybody who takes umbrage given how extensively both sides do it. In my home county a few years ago, some county or city level Republican official made an offensive statement about black people, was quickly replaced by the local party, and everybody moved on without having to make a federal case out of it. That is how it should be.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I think it's somewhat unfair to hold an entire party accountable for what one local leader shows, but at the same time I have little sympathy for anybody who takes umbrage given how extensively both sides do it. In my home county a few years ago, some county or city level Republican official made an offensive statement about black people, was quickly replaced by the local party, and everybody moved on without having to make a federal case out of it. That is how it should be.
                  Yup, it is going to depend on how the party reacts. Do they censure them? Do they give them the boot? Or do they circle the wagons around them and deny everything ala Pelosi and the virulent Democrat Anti-Semites in the House of Representatives?

I am amused how a vice chairwoman in a county with less than 200,000 people in the second smallest state in the country gets elevated to a "party leader."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That was the same reason given for why he thought Soleimani led the Kurds (instead of Quds) in another thread I created on this very board!

What do you make of this?
                    "Quds" versus "Kurds" is a mistake someone could make even during an in person conversation. Plus, he was talking on the phone in that interview, so nothing to do with an earpiece, and to my knowledge, he didn't complain about not being able to hear the interviewer afterwards. Your statement that "Faulty ear pieces and the like seem to happen to Trump an awful lot" suggests it's a frequent complaint from him, but this doesn't seem to be the case, so it appears you're shooting at a target that simply isn't there.

You've brought up the Central Park 5 case before, and my response then is that Trump believing them to still be guilty is no more racist than white people who remain convinced that OJ Simpson murdered his ex-wife and her boyfriend despite being acquitted.

Comment

You've brought up the Central Park 5 case before, and my response then is that Trump believing them to still be guilty is no more racist than white people who remain convinced that OJ Simpson murdered his ex-wife and her boyfriend despite being acquitted.
                      I don't think that was me.

In any case we know Matias Reyes is guilty because he confessed and we have DNA evidence backing up his confession.

Why do you think Trump won't admit that the 5 didn't do it?
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 01-09-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Jews ‘In Name Only’
                        I see Ben Shapiro's meme is getting more popular.

Comment

I don't think that was me.
                          Ah, right, you've only recently returned to the tWeb fold, so it probably wasn't you.

Why do you think Trump won't admit that the 5 didn't do it?
                          I'm not a mind reader, so I really can't say.

Comment

I'm not a mind reader, so I really can't say.
                            I present patient zero suffering from Trump Apologist Syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Somehow I'm not even the least bit surprised that is the perception you got.
                              And I am not the least bit surprised you are unable to see the red flags right in front of you. I just have to wait until you have to invent one excuse too many, or till Trump takes one step too far. But sooner or later a rational mind can only play the 'alternative theory' game for so long until it just drops out of the realm of possibility. And you have a rational mind, and so I'm hoping it is sooner than later.

Comment

I present patient zero suffering from Trump Apologist Syndrome.
                                TASS

how fitting
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-09-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment