Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Coming Civil War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    That is the inherit problem with democracy. if you have universal suffrage, you can't say, "but we can't let the people I think are idiots vote" (especially as given how polarised your politics are at the moment, I can almost guarantee that the opposition thinks the same thing about you.)
    It's not about letting stupid people vote, it's about seeing a lot of fictional characters/dead people vote. Admittedly my experience is limited, but I don't recall any of these "voters" voting for a conservative candidate(regardless of party affiliation).

I don't have access to it anymore, but a friend of mine in South Africa collects old dictionaries and encyclopedias, and he had an old Oxford Dictionary that had that definition (or it could have been "ugly but adorable" or something like that)
    Ah.

That's alright, as your mate I will tell you when it's time to get a tinfoil hat.
    Who in their right mind is not wearing a tin foil hat these days?

Comment

Whelp, the revolution had a hiccup. The projected attendance of 10,000,000 by organizers for the mass rally fell short by about 9,999,850; to no surprise at all to anyone.

Not even the organizers were genuinely expecting the numbers they were touting beforehand, I suspect. These people are really over the top delusional on lots of things; but even so I think their transparently silly projections beforehand were a (successful) attempt to get a bit of air play and visibility that the rally could not hope to manage by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Of course it's not the opening salvo; it's pathetic whining by a minority who imagine they have special entitlements. Since when is overthrowing the democratically elected government of the USA constitutional?

"Today is the day that Operation American Spring, Restoring the Constitution of The United States of America commences. This is a proposal byedited for content
        Last edited by Catholicity; 05-19-2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment