Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Plane Crash and Earthquake in Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane Crash and Earthquake in Iran?

Ukrainian Airlines Plane Crash in Tehran, Iran: Reports

An Ukrainian Airlines passenger plane carrying 180 people has crashed in Tehran, Iran, according to multiple news reports in the US, England, and Iran. The news comes after great unrest on the evening of January 7, 2020 (US time – it’s morning in Tehran), with Iran launching missiles at Iraqi bases that house American soldiers.

Although it’s not yet clear if there are any survivors, early photos to emerge from the scene are grim; they don’t show much left of the jet.

The cause of the Boeing 737 plane crash is not yet known. However, early reports indicate that the plane had technical problems. However, CNN reported that those reports came from “Iran’s semi-official news agency ISNA.” Some on Twitter were using early flight data to raise questions about that claim.

Moderate earthquake - Borazjan, Iran - January 8, 2020
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Boeing 737 passenger plane crashes in Iran, state news agencies report

A Boeing 737 passenger plane with 180 aboard crashed in Iran minutes after take-off, according to Iranian news agencies.

Iran’s Fars News Agency reported that the jet crashed due to technical problems after taking off from the Imam Khomeini international airport in Tehran, but CNBC could not immediately confirm those reports. The Federal Aviation Administration did not immediately confirm the crash.

The plane belonged to Ukraine International Airlines, according to ISNA, another Iranian news agency. The airline did not immediately respond to a request for comment and more information.

Flightradar24, a flight-tracking site, identified the plane as Flight 752, a 737-800 that was bound for Ukrainian capital of Kyiv from Tehran. The plane stopped transmitting data two minutes into the flight, Flightradar said.

In a phone interview with the heads of the Civil Aviation and Emergency Management in Iran, state TV reported that the crash site was in Shahriar, near Tehran. Emergency services said the fire at the crash site was so intense that they had to halt rescue efforts.

The 737-800 is an older model of the 737, not a Boeing 737 Max, the type that was grounded worldwide in March after two fatal crashes in a span of five months.

“We are aware of the media reports of out Iran and we are gathering more information,” Boeing said in a statement.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Crazy set of coincidences.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Were any notable persons on the plane?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Might be the Iranian military was jittery and saw the plane on radar and mistook it for a US bomber and shot it down. They would never admit that of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Might be the Iranian military was jittery and saw the plane on radar and mistook it for a US bomber and shot it down. They would never admit that of course.
            Iran refuses to hand over airliner's black box: report

Iran is refusing to hand over the black box of the doomed Ukrainian airliner to Boeing amid an investigation into what caused the crash that killed all 176 people aboard the flight out of Tehran early Wednesday, according to a report.

Ali Abedzadeh, the head of Tehran’s civil aviation organization, told Mehr news agency in Tehran that Iran has not made a decision on which country or international authority it would send the black box to for its data to be analyzed, Reuters reported.

Boeing is an American aerospace company headquartered out of Chicago. It is the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial jet transports. Boeing also designs, manufactures and sells military aircraft, helicopters, space vehicles, missiles and communication equipment worldwide.

The crash of the Ukraine International Airlines flight came hours after Iran fired as many as 15 ballistic missiles on Iraqi bases housing U.S. soldiers in a major retaliation by the rogue regime after the U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani last week.

No Americans were aboard the flight. Three Britons, three Germans, 63 Canadians, 10 Swedes, 11 Ukrainians, 82 Iranians and four Afghans died in the crash, Ukraine's Foreign Ministry Vadym Prystaiko said.

The timing of the crash fueled speculation on social media that the earlier missile strike played a role in the crash shortly after takeoff from the Imam Khomeini International Airport, but authorities have pointed to a mechanical issue.

Qassem Biniaz, a spokesman for Iran's Road and Transportation Ministry, said one of the plane's engines caught fire, causing the pilot to lose control of the aircraft, sending it crashing to the ground.

Comment

It makes you wonder why Iran was allowing civilian flights into or out of the country while they were in combat mode. That seems pretty insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                It makes you wonder why Iran was allowing civilian flights into or out of the country while they were in combat mode. That seems pretty insane.
                because if they stopped them, word would get out that they were about to do something?

Comment

because if they stopped them, word would get out that they were about to do something?
                  It's still pretty insane.

Apparently early reports that it was a mechanical failure have been retracted with officials saying they're looking into every possibility.

The Ukranian embassy in Iran initially blamed engine failure for the crash and denied any terrorist involvement, however, the embassy later retracted the statement saying that all options are being considered, reports The Telegraph.

“A commission is working to clarify the causes of the plane crash. Any statements regarding the causes of the accident prior to the findings of the commission are not official”, the embassy said in a statement.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...ashes-in-iran/

Iran isn't going to get much sympathy if they shot down a civilian aircraft, regardless of whether it was deliberate or accidental.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    Crazy set of coincidences.
                    It really was, which is why I posted.

Comment

As I understand it, the plane crashed within minutes of taking off. I haven't heard otherwise yet.

Comment

I thought the plane crash was at least an hour AFTER the missile launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          I thought the plane crash was at least an hour AFTER the missile launch.
                          Don't know. If so, it would support my idea that their military was on high alert and jumpy, expecting US retaliation. They could have seen a blip on the radar and just reacted without checking.

Comment

Don't know. If so, it would support my idea that their military was on high alert and jumpy, expecting US retaliation. They could have seen a blip on the radar and just reacted without checking.
                            Yeah, at this point, no way for us to know yet.

Comment

And if that's what happened, I imagine Iran will be very eager to keep it on the down low, which is perhaps why they're not cooperating with investigators.

Comment