Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Americans are coming home to the GOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    Pretty clever leftist, to forge a coalition which captured the conservatives!
    Back in the inter-war period, both the left and the right had quite a few racist. What they were different on was methods. The KKK was how right wing racist expressed their racism while the left expressed theirs through eugenics. Take a read through, “The Pivot of Civilization” sometime. It’s online, for free, and is pretty darn racist too. In short, the idea that undesirable people were having too many children and the civilized people’s need to do something about it is the basic premise of Nazi views. Nazi’s of the era published their works mainly in left leaning publications and found lots of praise among the American left. Naturally, in WW2 and post WW2 the former Nazi supporters were not too keen in letting these pre war connections be known, so they rebranded themselves. One of these rebranded groups today calls itself Planned Parenthood. Don’t believe me? I can produce all the documents that prove every word of this is true.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Back in the inter-war period, both the left and the right had quite a few racist. What they were different on was methods. The KKK was how right wing racist expressed their racism while the left expressed theirs through eugenics. Take a read through, “The Pivot of Civilization” sometime. It’s online, for free, and is pretty darn racist too. In short, the idea that undesirable people were having too many children and the civilized people’s need to do something about it is the basic premise of Nazi views. Nazi’s of the era published their works mainly in left leaning publications and found lots of praise among the American left. Naturally, in WW2 and post WW2 the former Nazi supporters were not too keen in letting these pre war connections be known, so they rebranded themselves. One of these rebranded groups today calls itself Planned Parenthood. Don’t believe me? I can produce all the documents that prove every word of this is true.
      So eugenics was a program of leftists? Might want read the history of the era, quite few adopted eugenics ideas, even within the Body of Christ. Eugenics was accepted by many.

The idea that some were having too many children is not relegated to the political left, the argument also occurs within the conservative right, the Christian conservative right in which women of color who are on welfare are derided for having too many children and not exercising proper restraint, laying bare the views of children as a burden to society rather than a gift from G-d.

Today, we look at the opposition to eugenics whether scientific, philosophical, or theological. And pretty much the individuals are classified today as from the left.

Nazis, like Sanger plied their ideas anyplace a receptive audience or platform could be found.

Few here have admitted that the Klan was associated with conservatism, as opposed to the leftist, progressive elements of politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
        So eugenics was a program of leftists? Might want read the history of the era, quite few adopted eugenics ideas, even within the Body of Christ. Eugenics was accepted by many.
        Including the left. You seem to be leaving that little detail out, why?

The idea that some were having too many children is not relegated to the political left, the argument also occurs within the conservative right, the Christian conservative right in which women of color who are on welfare are derided for having too many children and not exercising proper restraint, laying bare the views of children as a burden to society rather than a gift from G-d.
        That doesn’t refute a word I said. Did Nazi ideas find themselves a home in the political left, in the 1920’s and 1930’s? The evidence is irrefutable that it did, but all you seem to have is, “Oh yeah, what about the political right!” You too won’t make this fact go away.

Today, we look at the opposition to eugenics whether scientific, philosophical, or theological. And pretty much the individuals are classified today as from the left.
        If that’s true, why are most Planned Parenthood clinics found in minority areas of the city where their policies have had a direct effect of the black population? The US black population is around 12.7%. It should be closer to 20%. Where did they all go?

Nazis, like Sanger plied their ideas anyplace a receptive audience or platform could be found.
        Who is the founder of planned parenthood and are they a darling of the left today?

Few here have admitted that the Klan was associated with conservatism, as opposed to the leftist, progressive elements of politics.
        And few are willing to admit that progressives have a history of racism
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Including the left. You seem to be leaving that little detail out, why?
          except I did it not leave it out. I acknowledged that many accepted eugenic ideas. Even Christians, and well into the twentieth century

That doesn’t refute a word I said. Did Nazi ideas find themselves a home in the political left, in the 1920’s and 1930’s? The evidence is irrefutable that it did, but all you seem to have is, “Oh yeah, what about the political right!” You too won’t make this fact go away.
          Again, my response did include the left. But your posts are trying to make the Nazis a phenomenon or product of the left.

If thatÂ’s true, why are most Planned Parenthood clinics found in minority areas of the city where their policies have had a direct effect of the black population? The US black population is around 12.7%. It should be closer to 20%. Where did they all go?
          Who opposed eugenics when the ideas were current and accepted in society?

Who is the founder of planned parenthood and are they a darling of the left today?
          Sanger is the founder of the Birth control league which is the for runner of Planned Parenthood.

Sanger pitched her ideas wherever she could find a receptive audience, which is why she spoke before some woman's auxiliary of the Klan, and at a period when the Klan was very influential.

Nazis pitched their ideas wherever they could find an audience. And part of their allure to some on the left was their program of radical restructuring of society, their concept of perpetual motion, and clear and unwavering goals.

And few are willing to admit that progressives have a history of racism
          Not sure anyone has. I have not seen any liberals defending the racism of a progressive such as Woodrow Wilson.

It is acknowledged and condemned.

But racism or other odious ideas can and do co exist with other ideas. A quick look at the doctrine of original sin should make the concurrence seem compatible within a Christian worldview.

But surprisingly to me, it is atheists who generally accept that conclusion, while Christians see it as problematic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Black Americans are coming home to the GOP

Anecdotally, I'm seeing this in my own area. While my Church congregation pretty well mirrors ethnicity in the community in general, where I do my "missions" stuff in town - I'm clearly a minority.

I would say that, on average, the people I work with (both ministerial, social services, clients, etc) would be about 80-85% black. Don't know why that is, but it is.

Some of the blacks who used to be very anti-Trump are not so much anymore.
            Some of the blacks who didn't used to talk about politics are a little more vocal now, and critical of the Democrats.
            Some of the blacks who didn't used to talk about politics are actually speaking well of Trump and the economy.

“‘Coming Home’ contains truths about the relationship between African-Americans and Donald Trump that will not be reported by the media. Vernon Robinson and Bruce Eberle have broken new ground and explain how this relationship is key to President Trump’s reelection.” — Ken Blackwell, former Ohio secretary of state

What do Kay Coles James, Ben Carson, Star Parker, Candace Owens, Ken Blackwell, Diamond and Silk, and Alveda King have in common?

They are bold, compassionate leaders who believe that every person is created equal by God himself. They understand that every human life has infinite value and limitless potential. They have suffered from some sort of discrimination — but are not bitter. Instead, they seek reconciliation, believe in redemption, and work to advance a more just society. They know that hard work, economic freedom, the preservation of the traditional family, and reducing government control are the keys to success.

And they are black Americans who support the policies of President Trump.
            Coming home to what?

Some 80 percent of white evangelicals voted for Trump, the percentage of back evangelicals is nowhere near that (Hey, that sounds like one difference between black and white Christians). But are blacks coming home to the republican party?

When Mark Galli wrote his controversial op ed on Trump, many commented on the response in favor of Trump. But black pastors published an open letter : https://www.newsweek.com/black-chris...letter-1481970

There is a divide between black and white Christians, a divide which is reflected outside the church as well. https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ace_in_America

Comment