Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ohmar, Lee, Kaine, announce war powers resolution to prevent war with Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    My bad. I momentarily confused you with someone who might have the interest to actually read the article, or the intelligence to comprehend it.

Dontcha hate it when that happens?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I'd really like to see this verified:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Defense secretary admits he did not see specific evidence of a threat to the four embassies.

Esper: The president didn't cite a tangible... he didn't say there was a specific piece of evidence. What he said is he probably he believed

Interviewer: Are you saying there wasn't one?

Esper: I didn't see one.

Imminent threat my foot . Pompeo is a liar.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Defense secretary admits he did not see specific evidence of a threat to the four embassies.

Esper: The president didn't cite a tangible... he didn't say there was a specific piece of evidence. What he said is he probably he believed

Interviewer: Are you saying there wasn't one?

Esper: I didn't see one.

Imminent threat my foot . Pompeo is a liar.
          What your link actually says: "I didn't see the intelligence about Iran posing an imminent threat to 4 US embassies, but I believe President Trump when he says there was one."
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            What your link actually says: "I didn't see the intelligence about Iran posing an imminent threat to 4 US embassies, but I believe President Trump when he says there was one."
            I'm quoting the actual words used in the video. If I could have directly embedded the video I would have but like I said, Twitter video sucks.

Esper: What the president said is that he believed, that it probably and could have been attacks against additional embassies.

Regardless, he's the Secretary of Defense and he didn't see specific evidence! Are you going to claim that it would compromise "sources and methods" to inform *him* of the evidence? Don't you think he should be told what that evidence was even after the fact since the "threats" are not gone just because Soleimani is dead?

Pompeo is a liar. Big fat Christian liar.
            Last edited by DivineOb; 01-12-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              I'm quoting the actual words used in the video. If I could have directly embedded the video I would have but like I said, Twitter video sucks.

Esper: What the president said is that he believed, that it probably and could have been attacks against additional embassies.

Regardless, he's the Secretary of Defense and he didn't see specific evidence! Are you going to claim that it would compromise "sources and methods" to inform *him* of the evidence? Don't you think he should be told what that evidence was even after the fact since the "threats" are not gone just because Soleimani is dead?

Pompeo is a liar. Big fat Christian liar.
              How do you know it's no Pompeo telling the truth?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                How do you know it's no Pompeo telling the truth?
                Esper is saying he believes something because Trump says he believes it. It would be hard to prove someone is lying when they merely refer to their beliefs (though not impossible).

Here is what Pompeo says, however

"We had specific information on an imminent threat and those included attacks on US embassies. Period, full stop," said Mr Pompeo as he announced new sanctions against Iran.

Comment