Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump admits there is no exit strategy if war breaks out with Iran (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys can I respectfully request you keep discussions of current events in Iran in the other threads?

*smack*

Ok, I slapped myself on the wrist for not following that rule too.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Do you think such conversations generate more heat than light?
      Only if you lack a sense of humor.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Guys can I respectfully request you keep discussions of current events in Iran in the other threads?

*smack*

Ok, I slapped myself on the wrist for not following that rule too.
        Wait, what do you want to discuss then? Pretty much Trump did provide the exit strategy this morning by NOT retaliating. It's now up to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Wait, what do you want to discuss then? Pretty much Trump did provide the exit strategy this morning by NOT retaliating. It's now up to Iran.
          Right. I thought more about things and I will split off the discussion of the UKR timetable into a separate thread when I get home because I feel like we're finally getting somewhere.

I disagree with your analysis re: Iran but I'm positively giddy that we've inched back from the abyss so I'll let you take your victory lap.

And all threads either die with a whimper or converge on impeachment :P.
          Last edited by DivineOb; 01-08-2020, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            thanks. so Trump released the fund before the WB complaint was made.
            That's not quite right (I also didn't have the dates right in my mind until I did some research after getting home). The complaint was sent to Senator Burr on Aug 12 and the house was notified on Sept 9. Please see the new thread I created.

He didn't to it because he was exposed as an extorter though. Nobody even knew about the phone call yet.
            If I could show you that people *did* know about the phone call would it change your perception?

You would have to let me know WHY. So far even if your timeline is correct I still see nothing to prove Trump extorted Ukraine for personal reasons.
            See the new thread.

JENNIFER WILLIAMS, AIDE TO U.S. VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE: “I found the July 25th phone call unusual because, in contrast to other presidential calls I had observed, it involved discussion of what appeared to be a domestic political matter.”

No. Because he was still going after Hunter and Biden stepped in and withheld the money for personal reasons. He was protecting Hunter. Whether from a good or bad cop, it doesn't matter. He still extorted Ukraine to do what he wanted for personal reasons. Exactly what they are accusing Trump of doing.
            I agree if Biden stepped in purely to protect his son, even from a bad actor, it could at least give the appearance of impropriety, and hence, be problematic. If it could be shown that many with no connection to Hunter Biden had a similar judgement about the need to remove the prosecutor would it have any impact on your opinion?

1. I would have to go re-read the news articles from 2015-16. I am not going to. I don't recall Obama using those words but that is what the FBI was accusing him of.
            This is just not what false. If the FBI came publicly out with results of an incomplete investigation which implicated a current presidential candidate in an election year it would be a scandal of mammoth proportions. Heads would roll from morning to night.

3. The whole thing was they were accusing Trump of collusion with a foreign country when Hillary actually did collude with a foreign country. And then the FBI used the fake dossier she paid for to go after Trump and get false warrants to do it. Obama is ultimately responsible for that too.
            Are you suggesting Clinton colluded with Russia, the very country which hacked the DNC (by Republican admission!)? I'm lost.

4. here is what Trump said:
            I know Trump said that. I said that he didn't only ask about the prosecutor. I'm willing to grant that asking about the prosecutor is not improper per se.
            Last edited by DivineOb; 01-08-2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment