Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Something is rotten in Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is rotten in Denmark

The Danes' government may have hit an all-places all-times low in its efforts to get out the vote. I cannot be any more specific than that sentence.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    The Danes' government may have hit an all-places all-times low in its efforts to get out the vote. I cannot be any more specific than that sentence.
    Please attempt to be more vague. If I look, I might be able to figure out what you're talking about.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

This thread is pretty much just spam.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

If you really think that you "cannot be any more specific than that sentence" I would really hate to see when you're being cryptic or even slightly vague.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Took me five seconds to find what Truthseeker is talking about. He's quite right. It's hilarious in a face palm kind of sense; someone's going to lose a job over this I suspect! And the reason for being coy is the full details would likely violate decorum!

This CNN news report should pass muster, however. link to CNN report.
            Source: Danish election cartoon 'Voteman' pulled over scenes of sex, violence, CNN May 14

It's a perennial problem. How do you persuade young, apathetic voters to go to the polls? Enter "Voteman" -- Denmark's rather ill-judged and short-lived cartoon solution.

The cartoon opens with two apparently politically disaffected young men. The scene switches to Voteman, a muscle-bound, stubble-chinned superhero, answering a call asking him to persuade voters to have their say in the upcoming European Parliament elections.

Naked, he leaps up from a bed surrounded by women apparently performing sex acts on him and -- having donned a leather waistcoat and trousers -- sets off from a Bond villain-esque island hideout on his mission, riding a pair of harnessed dolphins as waterskis.

An orgy of cartoon violence follows -- one of the original men is decapitated, while other would-be non-voters are punched, slapped and tossed through the windows of a polling station to vote.

The cartoon is the unlikely creation of the Danish Parliament's EU information center, originally posted to its official YouTube page.

Less surprisingly perhaps, it has now been pulled and an apology made for its graphic sexual and violent content.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

I'm wondering what DE and Teal think what the spam is for.
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Grab some popcorn The revealed thoughts of DE and Teal might be interesting.

Comment

So when they said they needed a strong man to inspire voting, how come their first instinct was immediately to dress him up in gay bondage gear? The only man of that type they knew?

Comment

Grab some popcorn The revealed thoughts of DE and Teal might be interesting.

You start a spam thread, you get spam - next time, don't be so vague. Sylas managed to find a reference that met Decorum - so you could have, too.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by sylas View Post
                      Took me five seconds to find what Truthseeker is talking about. He's quite right. It's hilarious in a face palm kind of sense; someone's going to lose a job over this I suspect! And the reason for being coy is the full details would likely violate decorum!

This CNN news report should pass muster, however. link to CNN report.
                      Source: Danish election cartoon 'Voteman' pulled over scenes of sex, violence, CNN May 14

It's a perennial problem. How do you persuade young, apathetic voters to go to the polls? Enter "Voteman" -- Denmark's rather ill-judged and short-lived cartoon solution.

The cartoon opens with two apparently politically disaffected young men. The scene switches to Voteman, a muscle-bound, stubble-chinned superhero, answering a call asking him to persuade voters to have their say in the upcoming European Parliament elections.

Naked, he leaps up from a bed surrounded by women apparently performing sex acts on him and -- having donned a leather waistcoat and trousers -- sets off from a Bond villain-esque island hideout on his mission, riding a pair of harnessed dolphins as waterskis.

An orgy of cartoon violence follows -- one of the original men is decapitated, while other would-be non-voters are punched, slapped and tossed through the windows of a polling station to vote.

The cartoon is the unlikely creation of the Danish Parliament's EU information center, originally posted to its official YouTube page.

Less surprisingly perhaps, it has now been pulled and an apology made for its graphic sexual and violent content.

© Copyright Original Source

It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

RW apparently knew the Tweb limits of decorum far better than I did.

Comment

Who?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Who?
                            Sylas. I relied on my memory too much, sorry.

Comment

Sylas. I relied on my memory too much, sorry.
                              Oh, okay - no prob. I just was confused.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment