Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender forces Kentucky to conform to their values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Thanks.

Comment

Total, insensitive CRAP, Sea. Do you have the SLIGHTEST conception of how vulnerable a woman is while using the restroom? Obviously not, or you wouldn't spout such ridiculous NONSENSE.
      Teal, why don't you extend that argument to transwomen?

Comment

Originally posted by Teal
        Total, insensitive CRAP, Sea. Do you have the SLIGHTEST conception of how vulnerable a woman is while using the restroom? Obviously not, or you wouldn't spout such ridiculous NONSENSE.

Women have a RIGHT to feel safe in a public restroom and not have to worry about what that man is doing in there. The purported 'rights' of the tiny proportion of males with legitimate gender issues do NOT outweigh the legitimate rights of women to privacy, security and the comfort of public facilities designated for them. If you want to accommodate those with issues do so by building more facilities - preferably at your own expense since its your issue - and leave ours alone.

Honestly Sea, that's the first time I've seriously considered calling you a MCP. Totally and completely insensitive to the needs of women - you should seriously consider turning in you NOW card if that's how you plan to treat us.
        I think we may have just found an exploitable fracture. Let the liberal coalition crack-up begin! I'll be the one in the back holding the WHINE ALL YOU WANT, STRAIGHT WHITE MEN BUILT YOUR WORLD sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
          I think we may have just found an exploitable fracture. Let the liberal coalition crack-up begin! I'll be the one in the back holding the WHINE ALL YOU WANT, STRAIGHT WHITE MEN BUILT YOUR WORLD sign.
          Yeah, Epo - I'm a liberal feminist the same way you're a gay rights activist.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
            Okay, men also deserve the privacy, security and respect to leave their facilities alone.

Now, why don't you start a fund raising effort to build separate facilities?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Okay, men also deserve the privacy, security and respect to leave their facilities alone.
              I suspect what PM meant is that you seem fine with asking transwomen to use men's restrooms whether or not they feel safe in doing so. Any validity to the concern of cis women having a transwoman come in is only magnified when the risk of violent transphobia is added.

Comment

Because they are men. Whether they like it or not, they are men.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                  I suspect what PM meant is that you seem fine with asking transwomen to use men's restrooms whether or not they feel safe in doing so. Any validity to the concern of cis women having a transwoman come in is only magnified when the risk of violent transphobia is added.
                  Please link to the DSM where any such diagnosis called "transphobia" exists. Or else stop using it.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                    Biological females should be using the female restroom unless other facilities are available - how does the obvious get past you both?

Women are frequently attacked in restrooms - something likely to increase if males can walk unchallenged into the female facility. Bad enough when they manage to sneak in - worse to have attendants or others do nothing while a predator just walks on in because they are allowed. Rather than demand that the majority of women run an unnecessary risk, those with such issues should either arrange other facilities (you and PM are chipping in, right?) or be inconvenienced.

The opposite is the tyranny of the minority - and ludicrous.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      And could we PLEASE have one uniform terminology? Sheesh...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Now, why don't you start a fund raising effort to build separate facilities?
                        I didn't say men, I said transwomen.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Under what criteria?

Comment

Point stands - the guys have the same rights to privacy and comfort (and security although not as big of a concern for most men) in their restrooms as women do in theirs. Any group insisting on violating the norms should have their own facilities - at their expense (you're good for $50, right?) or comply with the norms where that isn't possible. Here the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the extreme few.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Under what criteria?
                            Um...the biological kind? I would expect such a clear physical reality to have more weight.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

A man who tucks his penis on the inside doesn't make him any less a man. Reinforcing this severe psychological disease by performing surgical mutilation doesn't help anyone.

Also, if a transgender man uses the men's restroom? Oh my...a woman doing strange things to herself to emulate a man and use the boys room is asking for harassment of a lifetime. That's the difference between men and women. Men would use it to the extreme and probably make that tranny's life a living hell and totally exploit the weirdness as a form of entertainment. It would probably serve her much better to stay out of that situation.

Comment

Point stands - the guys have the same rights to privacy and comfort (and security although not as big of a concern for most men) in their restrooms as women do in theirs. Any group insisting on violating the norms should have their own facilities - at their expense (you're good for $50, right?) or comply with the norms where that isn't possible. Here the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the extreme few.
                                How does a transwomen using the women's restroom violate or hinder rights? I don't think women would want a transman in their bathroom for the same reason they don't want a man in their bathroom. I don't think a transwomen wants to be in a men's bathroom for the same reason women don't want to be in a men's bathroom.

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                Um...the biological kind? I would expect such a clear physical reality to have more weight.
                                Could you be more specific?

Originally posted by nico View Post
                                A man who tucks his penis on the inside doesn't make him any less a man. Reinforcing this severe psychological disease by performing surgical mutilation doesn't help anyone.

Also, if a transgender man uses the men's restroom? Oh my...a woman doing strange things to herself to emulate a man and use the boys room is asking for harassment of a lifetime. That's the difference between men and women. Men would use it to the extreme and probably make that tranny's life a living hell and totally exploit the weirdness as a form of entertainment. It would probably serve her much better to stay out of that situation.
                                What is your criteria for whether someone is a man or not? Sexual reassignment surgery is a cure for a disease. I don't see why anyone would be against that. I don't think anyone would notice if a transman used the men's bathroom.

Comment