Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender forces Kentucky to conform to their values

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transgender forces Kentucky to conform to their values

    Here's the USA Today article

    Basically, this physically male boy who is actually attracted to girls and has a girlfriend identifies himself as a girl. He has been granted permission to use the girls restroom and parents started to complain.

    Hear this again. A BOY who is ATTRACTED TO GIRLS and HAS A GIRLFRIEND is USING THE GIRLS RESTROOM.

    Here's what I get out of this. An entirely new moral paradigm is forcing itself on society and fully expects everyone with traditional and Christian values to abandon their beliefs and conform to the push to legitimize sexually and gender confused individuals. Anyone with moral and religious convictions should allow themselves to be violated. You simply cannot normalize mental disorders and think society can maintain its sanity.

    Society cannot live in a vacuum. The empty space left behind by the forceful removal of Judeo-Christian values is quickly filling up with perversity and moral lawlessness. Christianity will quickly find itself outlawed into obscurity.

  • #2
    I suppose that at this point in my life nothing shocks me anymore. I think it's rather sad.

    Comment


    • #3
      Totally nuts. This is what happens when liberals try to be "politically correct"

      nico is right, there is no way society can accommodate all the various mental issues and not alienate some group or another or fall apart.

      If someone decided they were a dog, would the school let them go around sniffing other people's butts and peeing on the walls?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nico View Post
        Here's what I get out of this. An entirely new moral paradigm is forcing itself on society and fully expects everyone with traditional and Christian values to abandon their beliefs and conform to the push to legitimize sexually and gender confused individuals.
        It costs you very little to respect transgender people. It hurts them very much if you don't. What's the Christian thing to do?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Totally nuts. This is what happens when liberals try to be "politically correct"

          nico is right, there is no way society can accommodate all the various mental issues and not alienate some group or another or fall apart.

          If someone decided they were a dog, would the school let them go around sniffing other people's butts and peeing on the walls?
          I read the article comments and people mostly disagree with what's happening. What's interesting is that these "news" outlets pretend objectivity and present the issue as if it's there's equal support on all sides. I suspect this isn't the case at all. The vast majority of people think this is immoral and inappropriate, but the news acts like this is what people want. Heck, even CNN articles are filled with comments about how issues like this shouldn't exist.

          People like this should spend less time in the girls restroom and more time with a psychiatrist. Why these problems are "reevaluated" and deemed normal and formerly misunderstood is crazy. Whoever is in charge and pushing for these types of changes have twisted views themselves. They are what they are at face value. They are perverse and need help understanding why what they think and feel is neither normal nor good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
            It costs you very little to respect transgender people. It hurts them very much if you don't. What's the Christian thing to do?
            It costs very little to respect the privacy of female students. Actual female students who just want to use the bathroom without a male in there with them. It hurts them very much if you don't. What's the humanitarian thing to do?

            also, since when does the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many in such cases? How does this boy wanting to use a girl's bathroom affect his "gender identity?" -- does it make him less transgendered if he has to sit down in the stall in the boys room?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
              It costs you very little to respect transgender people. It hurts them very much if you don't. What's the Christian thing to do?
              Transgender people like this are passively hurt because that aren't allowed to use what they feel is best suited for them. This boy using the boys restroom does not hurt him by itself. It's the fact that he wants to use the girls restroom but is met with resistance is what hurts him.

              The hurt experienced by the vast majority of girls is active and aggressive. He violates them at the private level. One boy's passive hurt because of his own abnormal and confused state of mind turns into active hurt for many, many other mentally normal people.

              The Christian thing to do would be to reach out to this person and gently offer assistance to help him through his obvious problem. If he insists that he is normal and without need of counseling and fully expects everyone else to violate their conscience and beliefs in order to fulfill his perverse identity issues, he needs a wake-up call. To overturn society because of one boy's mental disturbance is completely unbalanced and contrary to a sound society.

              He needs help, not enablement.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                It costs very little to respect the privacy of female students. Actual female students who just want to use the bathroom without a male in there with them. It hurts them very much if you don't. What's the humanitarian thing to do?
                Any initial discomfort with a trans woman in a women's restroom is minor compared to the systematic discrimination and hatred trans women are exposed to.

                How often do you or the women in your life spend showing off genitals to other people in a restroom anyway? I'm pretty sure I've never seen enough or been seen enough for anyone to tell what I may or may not be carrying down there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nico View Post
                  The Christian thing to do would be to reach out to this person and gently offer assistance to help him through his obvious problem. If he insists that he is normal and without need of counseling and fully expects everyone else to violate their conscience and beliefs in order to fulfill his perverse identity issues, he needs a wake-up call. To overturn society because of one boy's mental disturbance is completely unbalanced and contrary to a sound society.
                  "Counseling" trans identity away isn't an option. The only options are to hide trans identity and suffer for a lifetime, or not hide and deal with the intolerance. No one is trans just for fun or just to spite you. They're trans because they can't be otherwise for whatever reasons.

                  As cisgender people, our part is to decide whether or not to be considerate toward those who are different from us, even if we don't totally get it. Maybe there are situations where you'll find that harder for others. That's okay. The important thing is that you care a little about trans people as they are, and go from there. Or you can do the easy thing and be a part of the systematic tearing-down of trans people, loving your own comfort more than other people you find somewhat weird.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                    Any initial discomfort with a trans woman in a women's restroom is minor compared to the systematic discrimination and hatred trans women are exposed to.

                    How often do you or the women in your life spend showing off genitals to other people in a restroom anyway? I'm pretty sure I've never seen enough or been seen enough for anyone to tell what I may or may not be carrying down there.
                    "initial discomfort" is the warning of conscience. The slow burning that turns numb in a short while is what happens when it's damaged. Your worldview is unsustainable on this. There is absolutely no bearing on what is good, normal, or honorable. Why stop at transgenders? Why not simply co-ed locker rooms and do away with traditional separations altogether? Let the boys look all they want, it's not like they are actually doing anything. Stopping at transgender is arbitrary. Why not be naked in public? Nudists don't actually hurt anyone, so let them strut around in the classroom. You've no argument against it all, and there's probably more nudists than there are transgenders anyway.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                      "Counseling" trans identity away isn't an option. The only options are to hide trans identity and suffer for a lifetime, or not hide and deal with the intolerance. No one is trans just for fun or just to spite you. They're trans because they can't be otherwise for whatever reasons.

                      As cisgender people, our part is to decide whether or not to be considerate toward those who are different from us, even if we don't totally get it. Maybe there are situations where you'll find that harder for others. That's okay. The important thing is that you care a little about trans people as they are, and go from there. Or you can do the easy thing and be a part of the systematic tearing-down of trans people, loving your own comfort more than other people you find somewhat weird.
                      How far does your toleration go? You must know that pedophiles can't help themselves, right? They are sincerely attracted to children, do you expect them to repress who they are? I bet you do because children are "different". Yet, there is no sustainable argument there either. Anyone in a position of psychological authority hell-bent on proving their worldview can make the case that 9 year olds' can perform sexual acts because they have the mental capacity to understand what they are doing if they are properly educated.

                      It's not about identity, but propensity. Rejecting propensity is not rejecting identity. Not all attractions and mental contradictions to one's physical identity is good, nor should they be accepted by society. They need help, not legitimacy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nico View Post
                        "initial discomfort" is the warning of conscience.
                        Oh, so it isn't really about privacy? It's about not liking trans people. Gotcha!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                          Any initial discomfort with a trans woman in a women's restroom is minor compared to the systematic discrimination and hatred trans women are exposed to.

                          How often do you or the women in your life spend showing off genitals to other people in a restroom anyway? I'm pretty sure I've never seen enough or been seen enough for anyone to tell what I may or may not be carrying down there.
                          How do you know this?
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                            "Counseling" trans identity away isn't an option. The only options are to hide trans identity and suffer for a lifetime, or not hide and deal with the intolerance. No one is trans just for fun or just to spite you. They're trans because they can't be otherwise for whatever reasons.

                            As cisgender people, our part is to decide whether or not to be considerate toward those who are different from us, even if we don't totally get it. Maybe there are situations where you'll find that harder for others. That's okay. The important thing is that you care a little about trans people as they are, and go from there. Or you can do the easy thing and be a part of the systematic tearing-down of trans people, loving your own comfort more than other people you find somewhat weird.
                            No! You don't "care for them as they are". You explain that what they are asking is irresponsible and inconsiderate to those who actually ARE female, and that their desire to imitate females is not a sufficient reason to allow them to behave as one. Encourage them in a positive direction (away from their misguided crisis) long enough, and whatever struggle they are having can become manageable. Not everything should be permissible and encouraged.
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              How do you know this?
                              Being uncomfortable with one person who isn't concerned with you in a limited context < Most people actively treating you poorly in most contexts

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Ronson, Yesterday, 10:59 PM
                              11 responses
                              44 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, Yesterday, 02:50 PM
                              13 responses
                              69 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 02:18 PM
                              3 responses
                              41 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Whateverman, 10-21-2020, 07:17 PM
                              58 responses
                              267 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Whateverman, 10-21-2020, 04:39 PM
                              3 responses
                              41 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Whateverman  
                              Working...
                              X