Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Comes Under Fire After Sharing Name Of Alleged Whistleblower On Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Comes Under Fire After Sharing Name Of Alleged Whistleblower On Twitter

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/29/79222...-whistleblower
    "President Trump has come under fire after retweeting a post to his 68 million followers on Twitter that included a name linked to the alleged whistleblower whose complaint about the president's dealings with Ukraine prompted the impeachment inquiry.

It is not expressly illegal for the president to unmask the name of the whistleblower. There are, however, federal protections that prevent retaliation against whistleblowers."

I'm curious to hear if there are any willing to defend this action. Do you see this is as within his rights to "face his accuser" or something along those lines? Would you really be ok with anyone else on planet doing something similar?

Does it give you pause that Fox News doesn't include the whistleblowers name in their reporting of this story?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...w1LLstM0BCFaIt

I don't care to defend it, but I'm wondering who out there didn't already know who the alleged whistle blower was?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The whistleblower's name has been public knowledge for two-months after it was published by Real Clear Investigations at the end of October, and it is easily found using any internet search engine, including the heavily censored Google (when I searched for "whistleblower identity", it was the third result).

Complaining about Trump mentioning something that has been in the wild for 8-weeks is a bit silly.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The whistleblower's name has been public knowledge for two-months after it was published by Real Clear Investigations at the end of October, and it is easily found using any internet search engine, including the heavily censored Google (when I searched for "whistleblower identity", it was the third result).

Complaining about Trump mentioning something that has been in the wild for 8-weeks is a bit silly.
        This is such a dumb issue.

Comment

Will you post the name in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
            Will you post the name in this thread?
            Eric Ciaramella. He's a CIA stooge and associate of Vindman who was feeding him gossip from the White House.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

(MM's Response)
              Do you think spreading this information is in keeping with our national security interests?

Comment

Do you think spreading this information is in keeping with our national security interests?
                Is this satire?

Comment

Since you appear to be new, I'm not sure how to take you. Are you actually SERIOUS?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Since you appear to be new, I'm not sure how to take you. Are you actually SERIOUS?
                    I'm seriously asking if you believe spreading the name of the *alleged* whistleblower is in keeping with our national security interests. If you / seanD think I'm joking you can feel free to reply with "yes / neutral" and we can go from there. I don't want to presume your thoughts.

Do you think it is in keeping with our national security interests to spread the name of the *alleged* whistleblower (you might not even have the right person!)?
                    Last edited by DivineOb; 12-30-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I'm seriously asking how spreading the name of the *alleged* whistleblower is in keeping with our national security interests.
                      OK, if the AVERAGE CITIZEN of the US knows who the alleged whistle blower is, somehow you don't think that those who would do us harm are still in the dark?

If you / seanD think I'm joking you can feel free to reply with "yes / neutral" and we can go from there. I don't want to presume your thoughts.
                      You'll note that I didn't presume --- I flat out asked.

Do you think it is in keeping with our national security interests to spread the name of the *alleged* whistleblower (you might not even have the right person!).
                      Same answer as above.

Comment

OK, if the AVERAGE CITIZEN of the US knows who the alleged whistle blower is, somehow you don't think that those who would do us harm are still in the dark?
                        Can I please get a direct answer to my question?

"I believe spreading the name of an alleged whistleblower is beneficial / neutral / harmful to our national interest."

Comment

You'll note that I didn't presume --- I flat out asked.

Same answer as above.
                          Worth asking, too, whether Trump putting the alleged whistleblower on blast to his 60+ million Twitter followers and bots serves to protect the national interest.

The man already has to be driven to work by a security detail and the idea is clearly to create a punitive environment for whistleblowers in the Trump administration. Does that serve the national interest of the United States?

--Sam
                          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Worth asking, too, whether Trump putting the alleged whistleblower on blast to his 60+ million Twitter followers and bots serves to protect the national interest.

The man already has to be driven to work by a security detail and the idea is clearly to create a punitive environment for whistleblowers in the Trump administration. Does that serve the national interest of the United States?

--Sam
                            Yeah, cause it was a classified secret before Trump tweeted it.

Comment

Yeah, cause it was a classified secret before Trump tweeted it.
                              That has nothing to do with the question. Does Trump's action serve to further protect the alleged whistleblower from threat or harassment or does his action serve to further threats and harassment against the alleged whistleblower?

You know the answer, same as everyone.

--Sam
                              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment