Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Comes Under Fire After Sharing Name Of Alleged Whistleblower On Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So , you quote me as if I had not censured your use of his name! So not only will you not respect the law, you will spit in the face of my attempt to respect it?
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-30-2019, 03:46 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And then the Democrats turn around and put an indefinite delay on transferring the articles to the Senate.
      Yup, and in so doing are in effect doing what that charged Trump with

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        1. SCOTUS would not do that. They would rule quickly on such matters.
        2. If it were so important, why didn't Nadler and Crew actually submit official subpoenas?
        3. If time were such an issue, why are they now sitting on their hands?

And the whistleblower did use hearsay. He had no direct knowledge of the phone call. That is hearsay. Or worse. He could just be lying. That is why he needed to be put in front of congress for questioning.
        1. SCOTUS is doing that. Right now. Because ...

2. The House have submitted to subpoenas to Mulvaney, at least two OMB officials, and others that are being ignored.

3. The House is currently demanding that the Senate allow for a trial with these witnesses so the delay in sending the articles of impeachment is directly the result of Trump blocking the witnesses.

The whistleblower complaint included, but was not limited to hearsay. Where hearsay was involved, the relevant witnesses either verified the whistleblower complaint in testimony to Congress or were blocked from testifying by Trump.

Goodness, people.

--Sam
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yup, and in so doing are in effect doing what that charged Trump with

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41746[/ATTACH]

This is a new level of stupid, I'll grant it that.
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            This is a new level of stupid, I'll grant it that.
            You're always obvious when you have no intelligent rebuttal, I'll grant you that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's an assumption of Trump's intent. The question was about the consequence of his action.

--Sam
              Yeah.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Can I please get a direct answer to my question?
                Sure

"I believe spreading the name of an alleged whistleblower is beneficial / neutral / harmful to our national interest."
                Is there a question in there?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Both the ICIG and Acting DNI, as well as numerous senior Republican members of Congress, have attested that the whistleblower is, indeed, a legitimate whistleblower and is afforded protection under the law.

--Sam
                  Please cite the code where he is afforded the right to anonymity.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    You're always obvious when you have no intelligent rebuttal, I'll grant you that.
                    Sometimes you just get what you give. Call a demand for the Senate to hold a fair trial and not prevent witness testimony "obstruction of Congress" and "quid pro quo", you get called stupid. Because that's what it is.

--Sam
                    Last edited by Sam; 12-30-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Nothing quite says "impeachment is an urgent concern" like waiting a year or two for SCOTUS to rule on the matter.
                      OR, rushing like crazy to come up with specious articles of impeachment, then sitting on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Please cite the code where he is afforded the right to anonymity.
                        Both ICIG and Acting DNI, as well as numerous senior Republican senators, have said that the whistleblower's anonymity is protected as part of his or her protection against retaliation.

Please explain how Trump putting the alleged whistleblower on blast serves to protect against retaliation, rather than invite it.

--Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Is there a question in there?
                          Can I get a direct answer to my question along the lines of "I believe spreading the name of an alleged whistleblower is beneficial / neutral / harmful to our national interest."?

Comment

Both ICIG and Acting DNI, as well as numerous senior Republican senators, have said that the whistleblower's anonymity is protected as part of his or her protection against retaliation.
                            Not that I don't trust you, but that's not what I asked for. Citation, please.

Please explain how Trump putting the alleged whistleblower on blast serves to protect against retaliation, rather than invite it.

--Sam
                            Well, first, thanks for acknowledging he's an "alleged" whistle blower.
                            Second, not quite sure what that sentence is supposed to mean. Trump put [him/her] "on blast"?
                            Third, assuming you mean Trump tweeted his name publicly, I don't need to explain how [whatever you're calling it] serves to protect against retaliation, because I never claimed it.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              Can I get a direct answer to my question along the lines of "I believe spreading the name of an alleged whistleblower is beneficial / neutral / harmful to our national interest."?
                              It's Trump. He stupidly tweeted something that was common knowledge. I don't believe it really impacts national security at all. It just riles up those with TDS.

Comment

--Sam
                                Have any of them actually addressed how Ciaramella's first going to Schiff's staff to turn complain, who then directed him to file a complaint to and may well have assisted him in drafting it, could have nullified any claim to be a whistleblower and made him an ordinary leaker

Comment