Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How to exemplify the teachings of Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I can't go that far --- they don't have to believe in Christ as Savior to recognize that Christmas is about the birth of Christ, whoever they think Him to be.
    I think that's fair. Most people do recognize that since there's so much manger imagery in even secular portrayals of Christmas.

I don't know if I'm expressingly myself clearly, but I just have a hard time reconciling the two notions that A) the secular world is taking over our holiday and B) we should insist that the secular world recognizes/celebrates our holiday. They seem contradictory to me.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I think that's fair. Most people do recognize that since there's so much manger imagery in even secular portrayals of Christmas.

I don't know if I'm expressingly myself clearly, but I just have a hard time reconciling the two notions that A) the secular world is taking over our holiday and B) we should insist that the secular world recognizes/celebrates our holiday. They seem contradictory to me.
      Yeah, I know what you mean --- but as long as we can make some effort to "keep Christ in Christmas", I think we should "fight the good fight". As I told my Christmas Eve crowd, it's one time of year where it's actually "safe" to mention Jesus, since He (at that point) is just a harmless little baby.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's a good one, Simp.
        I mean, wasn't that the first recent place where his tone was interpreted as hyperbolic and parodic?
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Trump is a boob, and a miserable failure morally, but the fact that he sent out CHRISTMAS cards instead of a dumb "Holiday Cards" is a good thing.

In the spirit of Christmas, accept that fact, and save the political battle for other issues.

Merry Christmas.
          He's such an ass. Didn't he send out a lovely, "unity" kind of Christmas tweet, and then a few hours later launch into a divisive harangue about Nancy?
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            He's such an ass. Didn't he send out a lovely, "unity" kind of Christmas tweet, and then a few hours later launch into a divisive harangue about Nancy?
            I have long ago ignored the tweets from Trump. I care much more about what he does than what he tweets.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              I believe such sentiments are called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                I believe such sentiments are called Trump Derangement Syndrome.
                Only when someone makes decidedly unhinged claims that are contradicted by evidence. There are numerous examples on this site. For instance look at any of those still clinging to the collusion delusion farce because "orange man bad"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Only when someone makes decidedly unhinged claims that are contradicted by evidence. There are numerous examples on this site. For instance look at any of those still clinging to the collusion delusion farce because "orange man bad"
                  Does this thread have anything to do with the Mueller report or collision?

Comment

Trump is a boob, and a miserable failure morally, but the fact that he sent out CHRISTMAS cards instead of a dumb "Holiday Cards" is a good thing.

In the spirit of Christmas, accept that fact, and save the political battle for other issues.

Merry Christmas.
                    I think Trump is genuine. Unlike a typical politician, he doesn't have a carefully cultivated public persona and a secret private persona. What you see is literally what you get.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I think Trump is genuine. Unlike a typical politician, he doesn't have a carefully cultivated public persona and a secret private persona. What you see is literally what you get.
                      So, a genuine boob?

Comment