Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    The problem is that you are treating the UTR rally as an isolated unique event. It wasn't. There were protests at the Lee Statue nearly every day for 5 months. Different groups protested. Not all were neo-nazis or KKK members.
    Trump was specifically talking about the August 11 and August 12 rallies, not Confederate monument rally-goers in general. He singles out the people attending the Friday night rally, even, as distinct from the white nationalists and neo-Nazis.

Those are the people who shouted "Jews will not replace us!" and I can't imagine the Virginia Flaggers, if in attendance, had their own separate permit for a nighttime rally completely separate from the Spencer crowd.

--Sam
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      There's a saying from a good movie:

The Rabbi: My father used to say: "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle.

And, with relatively little research, stuff like this just keeps appearing:

Source:

Update: Virginia Flaggers were led down the streets of Lexington by a member of the League of the South.

© Copyright Original Source

You have to go to archive.org to get the page but the man is Gregory Randall, who publicly said he was a member of League of the South in 2015.
      Why would horse have to shop for its own saddle? Sounds more like a people thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        Why would horse have to shop for its own saddle? Sounds more like a people thing.
        The Rabbi doesn't try to explain his contradictions, he simply stands among them.
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          "unproven" doesn't mean false and that is only ONE of dozens of incidents of Antifa violence. But hey you probably know all about it, being in Antifa and all. You use your fist, or throw rocks?
          Read the actual article, Sparko, don't stop at unproven

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            "unproven" doesn't mean false and that is only ONE of dozens of incidents of Antifa violence. But hey you probably know all about it, being in Antifa and all. You use your fist, or throw rocks?
            Read the actual article, Sparko, don't stop at unproven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Trump was specifically talking about the August 11 and August 12 rallies, not Confederate monument rally-goers in general. He singles out the people attending the Friday night rally, even, as distinct from the white nationalists and neo-Nazis.

Those are the people who shouted "Jews will not replace us!" and I can't imagine the Virginia Flaggers, if in attendance, had their own separate permit for a nighttime rally completely separate from the Spencer crowd.

--Sam
              Sorry for sounding crass, but I don't care what you can or can't imagine. I trust my friend and she saus they had a permit to assemble that wasn't the same one as the other groups.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Sorry for sounding crass, but I don't care what you can or can't imagine. I trust my friend and she saus they had a permit to assemble that wasn't the same one as the other groups.
                The night of August 11? Why? I don't see any night vigils on the Facebook page.

--Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Dude, that wasn't an insult. That was me expressing that I rarely agree with you.

Seared != clean. It's not as if you haven't been dishing out insults with abandon.
                  I haven't, actually and, for what it's worth, what few I have were on people that deserved it. People who are cruel by default. I'm not just going to suck it up like I did here, for a decade, being attacked as passive aggressive for not returning insults

Also, dude, If that comment was you trying to be nice then oof. You bent over backwards for someone who is crass and cruel as their default stance. I've been rude to, what, lpot and mm? Cry me a river. It's been standard here for a decade that Conservstive Christians can be jackasses but the second anyone else is rude back you and every other person that turns a blind eye to your brethrens abhorrent behavior comes out of the woodwork.

Hell,Edited by a Moderatorhere is accusing me of being violent with no basis whatsoever. How is a discussion even possible here?

Moderated By: mossrose

You know better than to use someone's name here without their permission. Expect a warning, at the very least, for this.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                  Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by mossrose; 01-08-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                    How is a discussion even possible here?
                    I happens on occasion, but it is rare.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      I happens on occasion, but it is rare.
                      I can talk to someone like you, but when someone comes in demanding to know whether I punch people or throw rocks at them I just kind of have to laugh

How can people be such fools? It boggles my mind. I'd love to have a reasoned discussion about the use of violence by antifaschists, but it's not really possible in this context with most folks :/

I've had more luck turning conversations around with white supremacists on Twitter and that's not a joke

Comment

• Jaecp peaceful friends:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrandyngo?lang=en
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Did you ever stop to consider maybe you are the victim of propaganda from your preferred source?
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Did you ever stop to consider maybe you are the victim of propaganda from your preferred source?
                            The same question could be asked of you.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              The same question could be asked of you.
                              It could be asked, but you are the ones who naively believe the constant and blatant lies of Trump and friends. So, there's your answer.

Comment

• Oh gosh, she linked Andy Ngo 😂😂😂

Dude lost his job because he was collaborating with a fascist gang when they attacked a bar in May here

Oh man

Yeah, no, Andy Ngo, I has been slaaaaaain, Brave Sir Jaecp surrenders, hahahahhaha

Comment