Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

When Trump Wins A Second Term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And if not y'all just keep making stuff up like you do now.
    A) It's not Y'all, I will only vote Democrat for the period of time people like Trump rule the GOP because it is the lesser of two evils. But I am fiscally and morally conservative.

B) There is nothing being made up, except for the lie there is something being made up. Trump tried to coerce the Ukrainian government into finding dirt on Biden, at the detriment of US national policy and the Ukrainian effort to keep their own country and their bid to be part of NATO. Consider why is Trump trying to convince people abuse of power is not a crime?

Indeed - as Trump gains confidence he will not lose the impeachment, that those around him will stay with him and so he more and more comes clean on what he did, it is more and more a judgement of those that continue to support him in spite of the fact he did what he did, is doing what he is doing.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-13-2019, 08:32 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      [*Snort*]

Are you sure you aren't a leftist because accusing others of doing what you are in fact doing yourself is part of their M.O.
      If that is what I'm doing and that makes me a 'leftist', then you must be a leftist too.

As with my last post where I placed equal blame on both sides, you came back as if I've only assigned blame to one side. Is that on purpose or are you having difficulties processing information these days?
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-13-2019, 08:37 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        He wasn't investigating Hunter Biden, he was soliciting a foriegn Country to investigate a U.S. citizen while withholding 400 mil in military aid from an ally at war with a common adversary and threat to both our national security. Not to mention the solicitation to investigate crowdstrike on behalf of Russia in order to shift the blame for the interference in the elections from Russia to Ukraine. He's not only an abuser of his power, he's treasonous.
        Oh baloney. He wanted Burisma investigated, not Grampa Joe himself. And no one has tried to SHIFT anything. Both Russia AND Ukraine interfered in 2016.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          That would not be an example of laying down your sword.
          What?
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Because I believe that in the end there are more Americans that care more about their country, democracy and the Constitution than there are that care more about their party and it's temporary power.
            You are right, which is why Trump will win and maybe even the House will become Rebublican.

Oh the irony Jim spews out.

Comment

Because I believe that in the end there are more Americans that care more about their country, democracy and the Constitution than there are that care more about their party and it's temporary power.
              AMEN!!!! Which is why more Americans are souring on this whole impeachment sham.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                What?
                Oh dear. I realize I'm walking on rice paper here, but I'll try to see if there is some way to explain without it all going south.

I said:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                Both sides care about the constitution BTC. Maybe someday people here can lay down their swords long enough to try to understand how two sides that in many ways value equally that document can come to such radically different applications of it
                To which you replied:

Originally posted by Bill the Cat
                Because Conservatives respect it as-is while liberals call it a "living document" and pick and choose which parts to respect at that given moment. It isn't difficult to see or understand that basic difference. It'a the difference between a foundation and a crutch.
                And I said that post is NOT 'laying down your sword'. It is the opposite of what I was expressing hope for in my post. It lays blame and criticism totally on the other side, which is wielding the sword, not laying it down.

Comment

Oh dear. I realize I'm walking on rice paper here, but I'll try to see if there is some way to explain without it all going south.

I said:

To which you replied:

And I said that post is NOT 'laying down your sword'. It is the opposite of what I was expressing hope for in my post. It lays blame and criticism totally on the other side, which is wielding the sword, not laying it down.
                  It was just an observation. Not laying blame.
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    It was just an observation. Not laying blame.
                    Nope - that doesn't fly. You said:

Because Conservatives respect it as-is while liberals call it a "living document" and pick and choose which parts to respect at that given moment. It isn't difficult to see or understand that basic difference. It'a the difference between a foundation and a crutch.
                    That is laying blame. You are saying they are at fault, that they don't respect the constitution. You've judged them without trying to understand them first. Again, that is not laying down the sword, that is wielding it.

Comment

Nope - that doesn't fly. You said:

That is laying blame. You are saying they are at fault, that they don't respect the constitution. You've judged them without trying to understand them first. Again, that is not laying down the sword, that is wielding it.
                      Wrong, Jim. It is an observation. They admit that they believe the Constitution is a "living document". Logically speaking, that means they do not respect it as-is and need to grow and change it.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Dems fret trade deal helps Trump reelection

The USMCA has created a rift between House Democrats on one side, and presidential hopefuls and progressive activists on the other...

...Yet some Democrats are fretting the agreement comes at an unacceptable cost: Boosting Trump's reelection, potentially in a major way.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...lection-081447
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Dems fret trade deal helps Trump reelection

The USMCA has created a rift between House Democrats on one side, and presidential hopefuls and progressive activists on the other...

...Yet some Democrats are fretting the agreement comes at an unacceptable cost: Boosting Trump's reelection, potentially in a major way.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...lection-081447
                          If it helps Trump, Dems must oppose.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            If it helps Trump, Dems must oppose.
                            Even if it hurts the country!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Even if it hurts the country!
                              I am pretty sure the reason we have a two party system that constantly fights, was by design. That way government is kept too busy infighting to do any real harm to the country.

...and we get free entertainment watching them. CSCAN should sell pay-per-view tickets.

Comment

Best when you first soak the sugar cube with Laudanum...
                                Teetotaler. I wouldn't know.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment