Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

When Trump Wins A Second Term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Wrong, Jim. It is an observation. They admit that they believe the Constitution is a "living document". Logically speaking, that means they do not respect it as-is and need to grow and change it.
    BTC, what you said is not an example of laying down the sword as it relates to what I was saying in my post. It's just another slam in a series of never ending slams. And that will never bring understanding.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      BTC, what you said is not an example of laying down the sword as it relates to what I was saying in my post. It's just another slam in a series of never ending slams. And that will never bring understanding.
      It's a factual observation. If someone is offended by it, not my problem.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        It's a factual observation. If someone is offended by it, not my problem.
        And that would why understanding is impossible.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yet, the more the Democrats put on their impeachment "case", the less the public seems to support it.
          The polls are basically unchanged, a slight majority still in favor of impeachment and removal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I am pretty sure the reason we have a two party system that constantly fights, was by design. That way government is kept too busy infighting to do any real harm to the country.

...and we get free entertainment watching them. CSCAN should sell pay-per-view tickets.
            Well you'd be wrong, the two party system didn't begin until the 1790's and George Washington warned against it in his farewell address where he said "The citizenry should view themselves as one cohesive unit and that they should avoid political parties." He also warned that we should be wary of entanglements with other nations, a la Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              The polls are basically unchanged, a slight majority still in favor of impeachment and removal.
              You're dreaming. An average of a BUNCH of polls shows....

poll.jpg

That's a significant change --- the Dems are driving the voters to Trump.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

79078626_2556100474657987_6610606837853061120_n.jpg
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You're dreaming. An average of a BUNCH of polls shows....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41373[/ATTACH]

That's a significant change --- the Dems are driving the voters to Trump.
                  It's apparently a roller coaster of a poll, but 2 percentage points is nothing. Besides, the fact that half the country thinks you should be removed from office is devastating.

Comment

Conservatives respect the Constitution as they see it, not necessarily as it is. The Constitutional scholars, as in this case, usually disagree with you.
                    Uhh Jim, I am fairly certain that most if not all of them do this.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's apparently a roller coaster of a poll, but 2 percentage points is nothing. Besides, the fact that half the country thinks you should be removed from office is devastating.
                      Put your glasses on and look at it again - it's an outright LIE that the graph shows half the country supports removal from office, and the trend is DOWN. Only in your liberal bubble is 46.5 "half", and an exact equal number oppose.

Your puppet masters had claimed that impeachment should not happen unless there was OVERWHELMING bipartisan support.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Put your glasses on and look at it again - it's an outright LIE that the graph shows half the country supports removal from office, and the trend is DOWN. Only in your liberal bubble is 46.5 "half", and an exact equal number oppose.

Your puppet masters had claimed that impeachment should not happen unless there was OVERWHELMING bipartisan support.
                        If as predicted no Republican defects and votes to impeach or remove Trump from office, and some Democrats cross party lines and join the Republicans in opposing the move, then the only bipartisanship here will be in clear opposition to impeachment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's quite a shift from the position you took in your post prior to this where you claimed that "a majority [are] still in favor of impeachment and removal."

GIF Goal Posts.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            If as predicted no Republican defects and votes to impeach or remove Trump from office, and some Democrats cross party lines and join the Republicans in opposing the move, then the only bipartisanship here will be in clear opposition to impeachment.
                            And, quite frankly, I'll be surprised if it doesn't turn out that way -- possible exception, I'm hearing, might be the Mormon.

Comment

And, quite frankly, I'll be surprised if it doesn't turn out that way -- possible exception, I'm hearing, might be the Mormon.
                              Now if McCain were still alive...

Comment

79532371_3179632238730555_7860905370003177472_n.jpg
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment