Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

When Trump Wins A Second Term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    What will our liberal friends do?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      I fixed your quote, CP-style.
      Yeah - that would be libel because that isn't what I said. Nor is it true.

This is what I said:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
      unfortunately we are like the ants in "A bugs life". We have no clue the power we have if we just work together. As was shown in the 2016 election, there are more people in this country that recognize what a scumbag Trump is than will fawn after him at his rallies. If that decent group of people that is the majority of this nation can just get it in their heads to care - it can all be set right.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

This is what I said:
        Trumpys love "fake news"

Comment

This is what I said:
          oh my. Jim is getting serious.

Comment

oh my. Jim is getting serious.
            getting?
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The only solution, actually, is for anyone with a conscience to register Republican and do their best to filter out money grubbing conscienceless candidates with no real commitment to country during the primaries, and then vote against anything resembling the current Republican party and/or Trump during the elections until they are all gone.

Or maybe, just to keep it simple, everyone registers republican and votes against the current republican mentality till the republican party has been transformed into something with a conscience. The we do the same to the democratic party till it has been transformed into something that resembles common sense.
              Because anyone who has the temerity to disagree with me does not have a conscience.

What's next? That we're subhuman?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Because anyone who has the temerity to disagree with me does not have a conscience.

I'm deplorable

Comment

if nothing else happens, the Dems have been reduced in their ability to promote destructive laws within this country. It is still a win for the country when the Dems have been sidetracked by their hate for Trump and America. The founding fathers wanted it difficult to pass laws -- but I don't think they thought it would happen this way.
                  That is a really good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I'm deplorable
                    irredeemably so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      That is a really good point.
                      maybe we could say that all that is needed for good to happen is that bad people in Congress do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        What will our liberal friends do?
                        What will our conservative friends do when they lose both the Presidency and the Senate to liberals? I'll tell you. They'll be fine, they'll have been saved from a treasonous dictator out to undermine our democracy and our Constitution.

Comment

What makes y'all think that the Democrats will still be in the majority?
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            What will our conservative friends do when they lose both the Presidency and the Senate to liberals? I'll tell you. They'll be fine, they'll have been saved from a treasonous dictator out to undermine our democracy and our Constitution.
                            HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Jimmy acting like he cares about the actual Constitution....
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

Maybe in 2024, we'll see. But 2020 is looking like a really bad year for Democrats.

Christmas 2019 isn't gonna be much fun for them, either...
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You are getting really good at twisting my words so they take on meanings not intended.

Did you notice I applied my solution to both sides of the isle, meaning that I recognize people of conscience will want to fix problems in both parties, that people of conscience here refers to an intolerance of corruption in both parties.

I ask because your you twisting of my words into an attack on me comes when my actual words were only an attack on those willing to compromise what is right for the sake of party power on both sides.

Comment