Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ever wonder why Trump has Guilianni chasing down conspiracy theories ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    This thread is not about crimes ... it is about Trumps use of a lawyer as a means of hiding his purpose. Mobsters use it to hide criminal activity. Trump has a penchant for wanting to break the law, so there is that. The point is he has something he wants to hide, so he's using the time honored criminal enterprise means of accomplishing that.
    You brought it up Jim, what sort of crime did Trump commit, through Cohen? Be specific because all I recall was paying off a women to be quiet. And while that isn’t very moral, it isn’t a crime either, so tell us, what crimes were uncovered? If Trump is the ‘mob boss’ you claim than you should have some examples of all this crimes that took place.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-10-2019, 02:42 PM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I Missed the 'nothing different'. wrong. The difference here is the person being used is his personal lawyer, a time honored technique for hiding criminal activity because of the confidentiality privilege associated with being a lawyer. The other presidents mentioned in the article used other people yes, but not people legally allowed to participate in a scheme or nefarious activity without being legally obligated to answer questions about it in a court of law should there be a trial.
      You yourself said he used Cohen, correct? So what crime did the FBI raid uncover?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Lawyers can't be forced to reveal the private conversations with their client.
        Interesting theory.

But in today's world, where Trump's previous attorney was hounded and threatened and had his office raided, I doubt Trump worries much about attorney/client privilege anymore.

I'm pretty sure Trump is using Giuliani because he trusts him. He doesn't trust too many people - especially entrenched bureaucrats. I can hardly blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          You brought it up Jim, what sort of crime did Trump commit, through Cohen? Be specific because all I recall was paying off a women to be quiet. And while that isn’t very moral, it isn’t a crime either, so tell us, what crimes were uncovered? If Trump is the ‘mob boss’ you claim than you should have some examples of all this crimes that took place.
          why is Cohen in jail?

Source: CNN

President Donald Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, was sentenced to three years in prison Wednesday for crimes that included arranging payments during the 2016 election to silence women who claimed affairs with Trump after the President's onetime "fixer" attributed his offenses to "my duty to cover up his dirty deeds."

© Copyright Original Source

Only an idiot would claim Trump is 'not guilty' in relation to the crime he ordered Cohen to do on his behalf (there is at least a conspiracy to commit a crime there). The reason Trump was not convicted of the same has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence in the matter.

Such may well be Giuliani's fate before all is said and done ...
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-10-2019, 03:59 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No - I didn't bring it up pix. I said:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
            This is a very short topic I might imagine, but it was something I saw in my reading the other day - though I'm not exactly sure where - it was not the main point of the article.

But the bottom line answer is this:

The same reason Mobsters do it. Lawyers can't be forced to reveal the private conversations with their client. As long as Rudy is acting on the president's behalf, no agency or official function can demand his testimony about what the president has put him up to, during or as importantly after his presidency. A little extra 'insurance' in case 'executive privilege' isn't quite enough.

Always fun to know your president has more in common with a Mobster than George Washington.
            Do you see the word 'crime' or 'criminal' in there? Did I even accuse Trump of committing a crime through Giuliani? Nope.

You brought it up Pix.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

why is Cohen in jail?

Source: CNN

President Donald Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, was sentenced to three years in prison Wednesday for crimes that included arranging payments during the 2016 election to silence women who claimed affairs with Trump after the President's onetime "fixer" attributed his offenses to "my duty to cover up his dirty deeds."

© Copyright Original Source

Only an idiot would claim Trump is 'not guilty' in relation to the crime he ordered Cohen to do on his behalf (there is at least a conspiracy to commit a crime there). The reason Trump was not convicted of the same has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence in the matter.

Such may well be Giuliani's fate before all is said and done ...
              And yet....

The impeachment was totally silent on this issue. Hummmm, I wonder why....
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

No - I didn't bring it up pix. I said:

Do you see the word 'crime' or 'criminal' in there? Did I even accuse Trump of committing a crime through Giuliani? Nope.

You brought it up Pix.

Jim
                You’ve truly become dense, since you got TDS.

What does the mafia do?

Let’s start there and move on.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And yet....

The impeachment was totally silent on this issue. Hummmm, I wonder why....
                  They are not putting every crime or misdemeanor Trump has committed on the list is why. Now you know

Comment

They are not putting every crime or misdemeanor Trump has committed on the list is why. Now you know
                    Than list them right here, with cites of what specific laws were broken and your evidence to back it. Ball is in your court.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You’ve truly become dense, since you got TDS.

What does the mafia do?

Let’s start there and move on.
                      Let's cut the the chase - this is boring. Trump has already used Giulianni as an instrument to pressure Ukraine into make the investigation announcement. That was part of the illegal Quid Pro Quo he was engaged in for which he will be tried by a mock court set to acquit in the Senate. Trump is using a personal lawyer for the same reason Mobsters use them - to cover their tracks. But I did not speculate as to which if any additional tracks he might be covering or wanting to cover outside the ones we already know about related to the impeachment inquiry. Just that he's put the mechanism in place and is making use of it.

That, just like the fact he had a 'fixer' (Cohen), and especially in light of the fact he had a 'fixer', and that in addition that 'fixer' is serving a 3 year term, is sufficient for to know it is not a good thing.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-10-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Than list them right here, with cites of what specific laws were broken and your evidence to back it. Ball is in your court.
                        Pix - this is my thread. I am not going to try to list what crimes I think Trump has committed in it - that is not the point of the thread.

Comment

Let's cut the the chase - this is boring. Trump has already used Giulianni as an instrument to pressure Ukraine into make the investigation announcement. That was part of the illegal Quid Pro Quo he was engaged in for which he will be tried by a mock court set to acquit in the Senate. Trump is using a personal lawyer for the same reason Mobsters use them - to cover their tracks. But I did not speculate as to which which if any tracks he might be covering or wanting to cover outside the ones we already know about. Just that he's put the mechanism in place and is making use of it.
                          Well of course it’s boring because you’re making assertions you can’t prove. You have no evidence, but simply don’t care.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Pix - this is my thread. I am not going to try to list what crimes I think Trump has committed in it - that is not the point of the thread.
                            You’re accusing him of being a crime lord. Being a crime lord, implies crimes happened. What were they?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You’re accusing him of being a crime lord. Being a crime lord, implies crimes happened. What were they?
                              pix - I'll explain it one more time, after that you need to drop it. (that is not a request)

I am not saying trump is a crime lord. I am saying he is using the same tactics mobsters use to cover his tracks. And I do not doubt for an instant one of the reasons he wants his tracks covered is potentially illegal actions. He has already done so with Giuliani as part of his abuse of power as it relates to the Ukraine and with Cohen for who knows what but including the Stormy Daniels payoff. This then is what he has in common with mobsters. That he uses lawyers to cover his potentially illegal tracks.

Comment

Well of course it’s boring because you’re making assertions you can’t prove. You have no evidence, but simply don’t care.
                                Cohen:Stormy Daniels, Guiliani:Ukraine abuse of power

He does what he does. He is who he is.

Comment