Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Schiff Targets Political Rival, Journalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Don't care. This is between Jim and I. You can argue with the others but butt out of our fight.

giphy.gif
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      If, as it appears, Schiff and/or his staff coached Ciaramella this should be a question even you shouldn't have to ask.

Oh, and it looks like Schiff lied about all of this. A lot. The Wall Street Journal actually did a wee bit of investigation rather than mindlessly repeating Schiff's claims like the rest of the MSM and and found some incredibly serious "errors."
      Coached him to what, to report it to the IG?

Comment

It wasn't just what he said in the complaint but what he told the investigators and later testified to

Oh, and we do know his name. Eric Ciaramella.
        Such as what, and why does it make any difference?

Comment

If he didn't then how exactly did he manage to quote from it before it was filed?
          Again, it's been subsequently substantiated, so why would that make any difference?

Comment

If he didn't then how exactly did he manage to quote from it before it was filed?
            The answer to the question, by memory, is that Schiff did not quote from the complaint prior to its filing or even prior to it being released to HPSCI. One would need to establish the allegation through a timeline before demanding a further answer.

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Coached him to what, to report it to the IG?
              That much is obvious from even a casual read of the complaint.

Stop dodging. Prove it.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

That much is obvious from even a casual read of the complaint.

Stop dodging. Prove it.
                Prove what, Tea?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Prove what, Tea?
                  Stop dodging and show the evidence you claimed existed. If you've forgotten, go back through the thread - but prove your claim.

Sheesh, Sam even tried to help you.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Stop dodging and show the evidence you claimed existed. If you've forgotten, go back through the thread - but prove your claim.

I'm not dodging anything, tell me what you want me to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      "told the investigators and later testified to"

To my knowledge, the content of the whistleblower's discussion with the ICIG has never been released so you would need to provide a source.
                      Schiff himself. He loves to leak whatever he thinks is damaging.

[somehow I managed to omit the following]

He did it throughout his circus. Here is just one example of what he leaked about what David Holmes gave in a deposition that hadn't been released being reported during a Face the Nation interview.
                      Last edited by rogue06; 12-07-2019, 05:30 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: Schiff on Whistleblower Contact: ‘I Should Have Been Much More Clear’

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said he should have been more transparent about the contact his committee had with a whistleblower that ultimately triggered an impeachment investigation.

He was responding to a question from CBS News host Margaret Brennan, who asked him: “Do you regret saying that we, the committee, weren’t in touch with the whistleblower?”

“I should have been much more clear,” Schiff told CBS on Sunday.

Schiff then said, “And I said so the minute it was brought to my attention that I was referring to the fact that when the whistleblower filed the complaint, we had not heard from the whistleblower. We wanted to bring the whistleblower in at that time. But I should’ve been much more clear about that.”

Several weeks ago, Schiff, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said that his committee hadn’t directly spoken to the whistleblower.

His office earlier this month confirmed that the whistleblower approached House Intelligence Committee staff before the complaint was filed, effectively giving Democrats in the House advance warning of the accusations. It came after The New York Times reported that Schiff allegedly “learned about the outlines” of the complaint “days before” it was filed. The whistleblower’s attorneys said the person never spoke to Schiff about the matter.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Please note that Ciaramella's lawyer was careful not to deny that Ciaramella had spoke to Schiff's staff.

As an aside it should also be noted that Schiff himself provided the first indication that he and/or his office had coordinated things with Ciaramella by stupidly tweeting about his complaint before the IG ever mentioned the existence of it. Worse, it contained details concerning what Ciaramella claimed. Details you could only know if you had talked about the case.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Schiff himself. He loves to leak whatever he thinks is damaging.

[somehow I managed to omit the following]

He did it throughout his circus. Here is just one example of what he leaked about what David Holmes gave in a deposition that hadn't been released being reported during a Face the Nation interview.

I get that it's somewhat futile to ask the conspiracy-minded to provide source material that actually supports one's claims but it's a skill you need to re-learn.

Your linked tweet is dated November 17, 2019 where Collins, Jordan, and you claim that the details about David Holmes testimony were public knowledge because his closed-door testimony had been leaked. But Holmes had already released his opening statement to the committee on November 15. Moreover, the committee didn't subpoena Holmes until reporting was published that Holmes had overheard Sondland talking to Trump in Kiev.

The lesson should have been clear long ago but, if not: if you find yourself relying on Collins or Jordan for your information, reexamine your life choices or at least reconsider your career in public debate.

As to Schiff's Twitter account, the first time he mentions matters related to the Ukraine scandal is August 23, responding to public reporting, then again on August 28, again responding to public reporting. Neither contains information that was contained in the whistleblower complaint but absent from that public reporting. It's not debated among anyone that the whistleblower approached HPSCI staff after approaching CIA counsel and seeing a criminal referral quashed. Nor would it be illegal for the whistleblower to provide staff with non-classified information about his or her concern. The proper thing for HPSCI staff to do would be to direct the whistleblower to ICIG and await the report that was lawfully required to be sent to Congress. It would not be illegal or at all untoward for the chairman of HPSCI to start making noise when the law was not followed. That, however, is not evidence that Schiff personally met with the whistleblower or that his staff helped coordinate with the whistleblower to craft the complaint, whose contents have, regardless, been substantiated by numerous fact witnesses.

That's all three times now you've responded here with claims that aren't just merely incorrect in interpretation but are, in fact, wholesale invented. Isn't there some element of shame in all of this wild-eyed accusation so far removed from fact or care? Or are most folks around here truly past that?

--Sam

Comment

It was nothing, really. Just some blah blah blahs.

Comment

And why in Walter Cronkite are you linking to Epoch Times?! This is definitely basic and agreed-upon information that can be sourced to a reputable news outlet.

Are you ... regularly reading Epoch Times or was that some tragic Google-search mistake?

--Sam

Source: Schiff on Whistleblower Contact: ‘I Should Have Been Much More Clear’

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said he should have been more transparent about the contact his committee had with a whistleblower that ultimately triggered an impeachment investigation.

He was responding to a question from CBS News host Margaret Brennan, who asked him: “Do you regret saying that we, the committee, weren’t in touch with the whistleblower?”

“I should have been much more clear,” Schiff told CBS on Sunday.

Schiff then said, “And I said so the minute it was brought to my attention that I was referring to the fact that when the whistleblower filed the complaint, we had not heard from the whistleblower. We wanted to bring the whistleblower in at that time. But I should’ve been much more clear about that.”

Several weeks ago, Schiff, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said that his committee hadn’t directly spoken to the whistleblower.

His office earlier this month confirmed that the whistleblower approached House Intelligence Committee staff before the complaint was filed, effectively giving Democrats in the House advance warning of the accusations. It came after The New York Times reported that Schiff allegedly “learned about the outlines” of the complaint “days before” it was filed. The whistleblower’s attorneys said the person never spoke to Schiff about the matter.

Source

Please note that Ciaramella's lawyer was careful not to deny that Ciaramella had spoke to Schiff's staff.

As an aside it should also be noted that Schiff himself provided the first indication that he and/or his office had coordinated things with Ciaramella by stupidly tweeting about his complaint before the IG ever mentioned the existence of it. Worse, it contained details concerning what Ciaramella claimed. Details you could only know if you had talked about the case.

Comment

Funny that you hone in Schiff's first mention of the case and ignore the others. Gotta cherry pick to keep the narrative alive I guess

Source: ANALYSIS: Does Schiff already know the Trump whistleblower's story?

Did House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff have the inside details about the Trump whistleblower two weeks ago?

Earlier this month, the California Democrat announced a “wide-ranging investigation” into allegations President Trump was trying to pressure Ukraine’s government into aiding his reelection campaign.

Schiff ordered the investigation on Sept. 9, hours before he received the first of two letters from the intelligence community inspector general revealing the existence of a whistleblower complaint. Multiple news outlets reported this week that the complaint involved, at least in part, a phone conversation between Trump and recently elected Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Inspector General Michael K. Atkinson's letter didn't provide Schiff with the details, but some Republicans say they suspect Schiff knew them already and was orchestrating a headline-grabbing story from his perch on the intelligence panel.

Earlier on the day the Atkinson letter arrived, Schiff demanded the Trump administration turn over documents and correspondence related to Trump’s alleged attempts to get Ukraine government officials to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

Source

The fact that Schiff had and leaked details that were not in Ciaramella's complaint to the IG (which hadn't even been released yet) confirms that they had coordinated and why the New York Times was reporting that, at the very least, Schiff had "learned about the outlines" about what he was saying.

Schiff was the source of the leaks concerning what (at least according to Schiff) Ciaramella claimed, not just in the complaint but in his testimony.
                                Last edited by rogue06; 12-07-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment