Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Schiff Targets Political Rival, Journalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Oh, and moreover, you’ve also acknowledged Shifty would have ZERO leverage without Trump’s beyond bonkers continual shooting himself in the foot, firs with demanding loyalty from Comey then with completely bungled shadow diplomacy, which Bolton called a “drug deal and hand grenade.”
    We have literally the stupidest EVER man in office who must actively remind the world he’s a stable genius, which even in a forum like this would be laughable and that person derided for serious delusion, amiright? It’s happened dozens of times here, say with Jorge. Trump is like Jorge, but with more power (and maybe worse grammar?).
    I think it's a mistake to call him stupid -- he just seems to have a penchant for stirring the pot, and sticking his thumb in other people's eye, and getting even with a passion. (OK, that doesn't sound very smart)

There’s never been anything like it, and that actually explains the derangement on both sides. It’d be impossible for derangement to not infect both parties given the completely uncharted territory Trump had led us into. I’m glad at leas you acknowledge that.
    The one thing that I DO like is that he's upsetting the status quo, and not putting up with being defined by the liberal media. Other Republicans seem to cower and play the game. That he's doing it in such a raunchy way is not pleasing.

BTW, I thought we were gonna discuss how Reagan made the homeless crisis worse. =\
    Actually looked into that some more - seems it all depends on who you want to blame, how you write the story.

It is interesting to note, however, that some of the worst homelessness is in regions and municipalities controlled by Democrats.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Source: Wall Street Journal Editorial Board

Democrats are trying to convince Americans that President Trump should be ousted for trying to “dig up dirt” on a rival. They’d have more credibility if they didn’t abuse their surveillance powers for drive-by smears of Republicans and a free press.
        Source

© Copyright Original Source

Yeah, pay wall - review of article in video below. Oh and a lot of angry push back from a self described 'left leaning milquetoast fence sitter'.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          That will only happen if he switches parties.
          Make a bet? The Dems are counting on the Republicans being circumspect in 2021 - they are likely to get a much more robust response.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Looking at the chart of call records, it's clear that Nunes and Solomon both were swept up because of their calls with Parnas (indicted) and Giuliani (gonna be indicted), two key players in both the disinformation campaign and the effort to hijack the LNG export business to Ukraine, at key dates and times in the investigation.

Y'all complaining about Nunes and Solomon appearing in those call logs should be asking why Nunes and Solomon were talking to Giuliani and Parnas at those key times and why both kept those communications hidden while they were advancing a coordinated but false series of stories about US ambassadors and Ukrainian interference.

--Sam
            Siding with corruption as usual. Hi Sam.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

They seriously don’t find it strange that the very person grilling witnesses was himself involved in racket. Of course his calls are relevant, especially being in communication with indicted individuals and those under investigation.
              But it's okay that Schiff had contact with the gossip leaker before the complaint was filed? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

They seriously don’t find it strange that the very person grilling witnesses was himself involved in racket.
                Are you referring to Adam "I didn't have contact with the whistle blower; oh, wait, yes I did!" Schiff?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Based on the Nunes interview with Martha MacCallum, I'm calling "fake news" on the story *at least* until Nunes himself has a chance to review the records. At this point, as I understand it, everything is based on what Lying Sack of Schiff has *alleged*.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Siding with corruption as usual. Hi Sam.
                    If I were making that allegation, I'd really want to first make sure that these call records were corruptly obtained by for real targeting Nunes and Solomon instead of Nunes and Solomon's call records appearing in subpoenaed records of two legitimate targets of an investigation at key moments in what's definitely going to end up as criminal charges brought to trial. Because otherwise, you're looking at a congressman and journalist-who-already-got-kicked-off-his-beat-then-from-the-whole-publication-for-this-shady-business as being principle persons of interest in one or multiple crimes.

If I were making the allegation, at least.

--Sam
                    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

An excerpt from a Wall Street Journal article:

Adam Schiff’s 300-page House Intelligence impeachment report doesn’t include much new about Mr. Trump’s Ukrainian interventions. But it does disclose details of telephone calls between ranking Intelligence Republican Devin Nunes, Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, reporter John Solomon, former Giuliani associate Lev Parnas, the White House, and others. The details are “metadata” about the numbers and length of the calls, not the content.

The impeachment press is playing this as if the calls are a new part of the scandal, but the real outrage here is Mr. Schiff’s snooping on political opponents. The Democrat’s motive appears to be an attempt to portray Mr. Nunes, a presidential defender and Mr. Schiff’s leading antagonist in Congress, as part of a conspiracy to commit impeachable offenses.

“It is, I think, deeply concerning, that at a time when the President of the United States was using the power of his office to dig up dirt on a political rival, that there may be evidence that there were members of Congress complicit in that activity,” Mr. Schiff told the press on Tuesday. Complicit in what? Doing his job of Congressional oversight? Talking to Mr. Trump’s lawyer to get a complete view of the Ukrainian tale? Apparently Mr. Schiff now wants to impeach Members of Congress too.

This is unprecedented and looks like an abuse of government surveillance authority for partisan gain. Democrats were caught using the Steele dossier to coax the FBI into snooping on the 2016 Trump campaign. Now we have elected members of Congress using secret subpoenas to obtain, and then release to the public, the call records of political opponents.

Our sources says Mr. Schiff issued a subpoena in September to AT&T, demanding call logs for five numbers—including Mr. Giuliani’s. Subsequent subpoenas to AT&T and Verizon demanded more details. Republicans were told of the subpoenas, yet under rules of committee secrecy couldn’t raise public objections.

[…]

Mr. Schiff’s metadata disclosures hardly bear on his impeachment case. Mr. Giuliani had broadcast to the world that he wanted Ukraine to investigate Hunter and Joe Biden, but he is also Mr. Trump’s personal attorney. Does Mr. Schiff have a legal opinion saying he could ignore attorney-client privilege? Mr. Schiff published a select log of Mr. Giuliani’s calls, but he presumably has a record of everyone Mr. Giuliani spoke to for months. Imagine the political outrage if Republicans had snooped on Bill Clinton’s attorneys.

Mr. Schiff’s accusations against Mr. Nunes are even more suspect. The Democrat doesn’t know the content of Mr. Nunes’s conversations, and the Republican says he believes his spring talks with Mr. Giuliani related to the Mueller report. Mr. Nunes can speak to whomever he likes, and Mr. Schiff has no authority to investigate fellow Members.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...eport-n2557528
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        But it's okay that Schiff had contact with the gossip leaker before the complaint was filed? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....
                        If he had contact with the whistleblower, which for one, is just a republican assertion, and two, who the hell cares, and why? Schiff doesn't have anything to do with the whistleblowers complaint, which by the way is confirmed by evidence. So, seriously, other than your being told to care, why do you care?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          ...Schiff doesn't have anything to do with the whistleblowers complaint, which by the way is confirmed by evidence. ...
                          You're gonna prove a negative? This, I gotta see.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They seriously donÂ’t find it strange that the very person grilling witnesses was himself involved in racket. Of course his calls are relevant, especially being in communication with indicted individuals and those under investigation.
                            They're in a constant state of denial now. There is nothing about Trumps behavior that they can't rationalize away, or accept, at this point. Sad state of affairs.

1984ish - Donald Trump "don't believe the crap that you hear, or read, because that's not what's happening."
                            Last edited by JimL; 12-05-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              You're gonna prove a negative? This, I gotta see.
                              Really shouldn't have to prove it to you CP. It's self evident. The whistle blower made the complaint, and the complaint was confirmed, so what difference does it make if he met with Schiff beforehand? This, I gotta see.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Really shouldn't have to prove it to you CP. It's self evident. The whistle blower made the complaint, and the complaint was confirmed, so what difference does it make if he met with Schiff beforehand? This, I gotta see.
                                You seem to be in a habit of typing stupid stuff, that, when asked to back it up, suddenly becomes unimportant. Then you do that goofy "parrot what the other guy said" thing.

You OK, Jim?

Comment