Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Schiff Targets Political Rival, Journalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The whistleblowers complaint was confirmed, and only the whistleblower had access to that info. in the complaint,
    It is impossible for you to know that. You don't know who all he shared it with.

therefore even if Schiff met with the whistleblower he had nothing to do with the actual complaint itself.
    That has nothing to do with your apparent claim that you have "proven" that....

Jim, at this point, I think even you don't know what you're trying to say.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It is impossible for you to know that. You don't know who all he shared it with.
      Doesn't matter if it was shared with Schiff or shared with someone other than Schiff, it still came originally from the person who had access to the info in the first place and that person was the whistleblower.

That has nothing to do with your apparent claim that you have "proven" that....
      Yes it does prove that.... the info came from the person who had access to the info, and could only come from that person. Apparently, because I can't see any other reason for your argument, you seem to be concluding that Schiff somehow concocted, dreamed up, the complaint out of thin air, then had his proxy, the whistleblower, report it to the IG, and then it just magically turned out to be true. If not, please explain what the basis of your argument is.
      Jim, at this point, I think even you don't know what you're trying to say.
      Sorry if you're not capable of following, CP.

Comment

Doesn't matter if it was shared with Schiff or shared with someone other than Schiff, it still came originally from the person who had access to the info in the first place and that person was the whistleblower.
        Eric Ciaramella didn't have "access" to anything. He was just at the end of a long grapevine of hearsay gossip. Ostensibly the fact that he could offer no personal knowledge of anything whatsoever was why Schiff said that he wouldn't be publicly testifying.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Eric Ciaramella didn't have "access" to anything. He was just at the end of a long grapevine of hearsay gossip. Ostensibly the fact that he could offer no personal knowledge of anything whatsoever was why Schiff said that he wouldn't be publicly testifying.
          Blah blah blah. Schiff didn't have access to the material in the complaint, did he make it up, or did someone with access to that material report it to him or his staff?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Ostensibly the fact that he could offer no personal knowledge of anything whatsoever was why Schiff said that he wouldn't be publicly testifying.
            Also the fact that Republicans would have pointedly asked exactly who he told prior to filing his complaint, and what did he tell them.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Also the fact that Republicans would have pointedly asked exactly who he told prior to filing his complaint, and what did he tell them.
              C'mon, MM, tell us what the underlying conspiracy is that you're arguing for. What do you think happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Which might come out in the Senate anyway unless McConnell carries through with his threat to not bother with a hearing but move on a vote to acquittal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  C'mon, MM, tell us what the underlying conspiracy is that you're arguing for. What do you think happened?
                  I'll note simply note that they're questions that Shifty Schiff obviously didn't want asked and leave it at that.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No, I didn't back myself into a corner, Tea. I answered that question long ago, you just don't get it. The reason, the proof, that Schiff had nothing to do with the data in the whistleblowers complaint, is because Schiff had no access to that data, and since the complaint was confirmed it could only have come from the person who did have access to that data, i.e. whistleblower.

Again, in response to that, I asked you, how could Schiff have just created a story, given it to the whistleblower, have him deliver the complaint to the IG and then have it magically come true?
                    If Schiff had access to the whistleblower then he had access to the data. You're not proving his innocence nor providing the evidence that you stated existed.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      How can you have a "corner" without at least one "point"?
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        That blows my theory.
                        And it was the perfect out for him, too.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Doesn't matter if it was shared with Schiff or shared with someone other than Schiff...
                          Why do you say dumb stuff that you have to come back and say "it doesn't matter". If it "doesn't matter", why do you bring it up in the first place?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Blah blah blah. Schiff didn't have access to the material in the complaint, ....
                            You don't know that. Yeah, I know, it doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              And it was the perfect out for him, too.
                              It really was... Juvie opened the door, I tried to step in, but Jim slammed the door shut.

Comment

Blah blah blah. Schiff didn't have access to the material in the complaint, did he make it up, or did someone with access to that material report it to him or his staff?
                                You do realize that you're now alleging that Schiff is implicated in at the least a major ethics violation and at worst an actual conspiracy. Might wanna stop digging now.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment