Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FISA report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FISA report

It's scheduled to be released soon. Will it be damning, a nothingburger, or delayed again?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Not holding my breath unfortunately. Maybe they'll throw us a bone and give us a little peon in the system as the fallguy.

Comment

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. I'm still not entirely sure what motivates Barr. Is he more interested in protecting the law, or protecting the institutions?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Early indications are that there will be some harsh language and criticisms, but nothing earthshaking.

Lisa Page on the ramPage () is probably a good indication of that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Early indications are that there will be some harsh language and criticisms, but nothing earthshaking.

Lisa Page on the ramPage () is probably a good indication of that.
            Probably another call for "training", as if the conspirators didn't know any better.

That's why Democrats seem to rack up more charges and convictions against Republicans, because Republicans always seem to pull their punches, even when their opponent has his guard down and is leading with his chin.

But let's see what's in the report first, and what Barr does with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Probably another call for "training", as if the conspirators didn't know any better.

That's why Democrats seem to rack up more charges and convictions against Republicans, because Republicans always seem to pull their punches, even when their opponent has his guard down and is leading with his chin.

But let's see what's in the report first, and what Barr does with it.
              I've lost all confidence in Barr because of his cover-up of the Epstein case. I mean for him to suggest it was suicide even before the investigation began says all I need to know about his integrity. He also has a shady history in the 90s. Hope I'm wrong, but I think we pretty much live in an age of lawless elitism, and I highly doubt he's the guy that will rock that boat.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                Not holding my breath unfortunately. Maybe they'll throw us a bone and give us a little peon in the system as the fallguy.
                Rumors have been flying for weeks that they will decide that the investigation was legitimate but that a few low-level underlings broke some laws (like a FBI lawyer who allegedly altered some documents) and will likely face prosecution, but the big boys like Comey, McCabe and the like skate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not looking good got the conspiracy theorists:
                  The prosecutor handpicked by Attorney General William P. Barr to scrutinize how U.S. agencies investigated President Trump’s 2016 campaign said he could not offer evidence to the Justice Department’s inspector general to support the suspicions of some conservatives that the case was a setup by American intelligence, people familiar with the matter said.
Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s office contacted U.S. Attorney John Durham, the prosecutor Barr personally tapped to lead a separate review of the 2016 probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia, the people said. The inspector general also contacted several U.S. intelligence agencies.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

"...people familiar with the matter said..."

Comment

"...people familiar with the matter said..."

I want you to post a video of you eating your hat. At the appropriate time.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

AG Barr:

The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken. It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory.

Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration. In the rush to obtain and maintain FISA surveillance of Trump campaign associates, FBI officials misled the FISA court, omitted critical exculpatory facts from their filings, and suppressed or ignored information negating the reliability of their principal source.

The Inspector General found the explanations given for these actions unsatisfactory. While most of the misconduct identified by the Inspector General was committed in 2016 and 2017 by a small group of now-former FBI officials, the malfeasance and misfeasance detailed in the Inspector General’s report reflects a clear abuse of the FISA process.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-fisa-process/

Yes, Bill, we know the FBI is dirty. Now what are you going to do about it!

Comment

AG Barr:

The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken. It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory.

Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration. In the rush to obtain and maintain FISA surveillance of Trump campaign associates, FBI officials misled the FISA court, omitted critical exculpatory facts from their filings, and suppressed or ignored information negating the reliability of their principal source.

The Inspector General found the explanations given for these actions unsatisfactory. While most of the misconduct identified by the Inspector General was committed in 2016 and 2017 by a small group of now-former FBI officials, the malfeasance and misfeasance detailed in the Inspector General’s report reflects a clear abuse of the FISA process.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-fisa-process/

Yes, Bill, we know the FBI is dirty. Now what are you going to do about it!
                          A few low level underlings will be scapegoated while those who were calling the shot will get off Scot free.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            A few low level underlings will be scapegoated while those who were calling the shot will get off Scot free.
                            Durham and Barr say there's more to come. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              I want you to post a video of you eating your hat. At the appropriate time.
                              Appropriate time for eating his hat, or posting the video?

Comment