Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Distances Himself from Guiliani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Distances Himself from Guiliani

Even if you like Trump, you have have to wonder why he's now claiming he doesn't know what Guiliani was doing in Ukraine:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-d...raine-efforts/

He mentioned Guiliani in the Zelenskyy phone call, so how could he now be clueless as to what Guiliani was doing in Ukraine? Moreover, Guiliani has emphatically stated that the state department directed him to sniff around there. How could Trump not know what his own state department was directing his personal lawyer to do?

Some claim that this impeachment is all about Dems being butthurt for losing, and the have a point but it's weak since every losing party is butthurt for losing. What was Ken Starr's Whitewater investigation but a years-long exercise in butthurt revenge politics that ultimately gained no impeachment traction? What was Bengazi?

Although Trump will skate into 2020 (just as Clinton and Obama skated into their second terms), history will judge him poorly for shooting himself in the foot so repeatedly. If he does, in fact, lose to a competent Dem candidate, it will be because of non-bootlicking voters who've had it with trying to defend him.

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Even if you like Trump,
    I don't.

you have have to wonder why he's now claiming he doesn't know what Guiliani was doing in Ukraine:
    If he's distancing himself from Rudy, I don't see any other explanation than he's saving his own skin.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I don't.
      I know you don't. It was him or Hillary. I get that.

What if Tulsi Gabbard miraculously catches fire in 2020? Still Trump?

If he's distancing himself from Rudy, I don't see any other explanation than he's saving his own skin.
      But still it's an odd move, since he explicitly references Guiliani on the Ukraine call and Guiliani insisted he has texts from the state department telling him to go to the Ukraine.

"Can a president be impeached for incompetence?" Trump once tweeted that. It's a great question.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        I know you don't. It was him or Hillary. I get that.

What if Tulsi Gabbard miraculously catches fire in 2020? Still Trump?
        Or Pence?

But still it's an odd move, since he explicitly references Guiliani on the Ukraine call and Guiliani insisted he has texts from the state department telling him to go to the Ukraine.

"Can a president be impeached for incompetence?" Trump once tweeted that. It's a great question.
        Trump frequently says things for illogical reasons - sometimes just to tweak somebody's nose, sometimes, I think, to send the media off scurrying in a different direction, maybe to get the attention back on himself -- I pretty much gave up trying to figure out what he says.

I look more at what he does.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He has that propensity. After being on record claiming his admiration for wikileaks and Assange over and over during the election, his only comeback when asked about the arrest of Assange is to claim he knows nothing about wikileaks

I think Hollywood rubbed off on him because that sort of thing is typical in that community.

Comment

But Rudy has insurance!
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              But Rudy has insurance!
              And if he gets disappeared, it will be released!

Comment

And if he gets disappeared, it will be released!
                Or suicided.

Comment

I suppose the first question is whether or not Trump directed Giuliani to visit Ukraine. As far as I know, Giuliani has always given the impression in interviews that he was acting on his own. That's also the impression I got from this investigative report published about two-months ago:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...erture-to-rudy
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I suppose the first question is whether or not Trump directed Giuliani to visit Ukraine. As far as I know, Giuliani has always given the impression in interviews that he was acting on his own. That's also the impression I got from this investigative report published about two-months ago:

That doesn’t explain Trump’s fake ignorance of Guiliani’s Ukrainian trips. Obviously a lawyer would make his client aware of what he’s doing to be cautious about seeming violation of Hatch Act.

Comment

Of course Giuliani was working for Trump, or did you not hear of Trumps phone call to Zelensky wherein he tells him to speak with Giuliani.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Of course Giuliani was working for Trump, or did you not hear of Trumps phone call to Zelensky wherein he tells him to speak with Giuliani.
                        Mountain Man finds it believable that Trump could set up such a conduit while concurrently being clueless about what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by wag View Post
                          Mountain Man finds it believable that Trump could set up such a conduit while concurrently being clueless about what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine.
                          That's not what I said. Read my post again.

Comment

That's not what I said. Read my post again.
                            I don’t need to read it again. You believe Guiliani was acting on his own, which he clearly was not.

Comment

Originally posted by wag View Post
                              I don’t need to read it again. You believe Guiliani was acting on his own, which he clearly was not.
                              Again, the impression that has been presented in a number of interviews and in the investigative report I referenced is that while Giuliani was working on Trump's behalf, he was not acting on any specific instructions from the President. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

Comment