Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republicans’ motivations are all out in the open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Remember, the thread title is "Republicans’ motivations are all out in the open"

In Their Own Words, Democrats Explain Why This Impeachment Is A Farce

Schiff recently issued this letter in which he explained the criteria for approving witnesses requested by Republicans in his hippity-hoppity kangaroo impeachment court. Such witnesses must be “relevant,” or Schiff will not approve them. In order for a witness to be relevant, he or she must not contradict any of the following assumptions:
    • That the president requested a foreign leader and government to initiate an investigation to benefit the president’s personal political interests,
    • That the president sought to use the power of his office to advance his political interests, and
    • That the president sought to obstruct, suppress, or cover up evidence of his actions.

Thus, in black and white, Schiff wrote a letter that instructed the powerless Republican minority that only evidence of the president’s guilt would be considered relevant. Does Schiff have a barn? “Maybe we could hold the trial there. I’ll sew the costumes and maybe Uncle Goober can be the judge.”

Like I've been saying all along --- it's all about politics.
    Pro tip: If you want to use an article to support your view it might be a good idea not to go for a source that uses language such as "hippity-hoppity kangaroo impeachment court" or contains sentences like: "Does Schiff have a barn? “Maybe we could hold the trial there. I’ll sew the costumes and maybe Uncle Goober can be the judge.”"

If that is the quality of the sources you use (obviosly biased) to support your "it's all about politics" statement someone might get the impression that you are finding this only in order to muddy the water. However, it get the impression that you have not been very critical in your reading and thus have not seen it for what it is.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Pro tip: If you want to use an article to support your view it might be a good idea not to go for a source that uses language such as "hippity-hoppity kangaroo impeachment court" or contains sentences like: "Does Schiff have a barn? “Maybe we could hold the trial there. I’ll sew the costumes and maybe Uncle Goober can be the judge.”"
      They're not entitled to their opinion?

If that is the quality of the sources you use (obviosly biased) to support your "it's all about politics" statement someone might get the impression that you are finding this only in order to muddy the water. However, it get the impression that you have not been very critical in your reading and thus have not seen it for what it is.
      I thought it well worthy of your nannying, Charles. Are you totally incapable of sorting the actual facts from the opinions?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I often get the impression that liberals think conservatives worship Trump the way they worshipped Obama.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I often get the impression that liberals think conservatives worship Trump the way they worshipped Obama.
          Glad you added the past tense on that last part!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment