Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Ukraine scandal timeline Democrats... don’t want America to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It can be, but you know that is not its meaning. So if you were to act as if that was its meaning, you would be purposefully lying about what I said.
    A bit of advice: it's okay to laugh at yourself.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You want to go to war with Trump?

If I was you, I'd rethink that argument.
      I don't see how this even begins to actually answer oxmixmudd's point. While the example he picked may have been extreme and an example of Godwin's Law, he's still got a point as to how what you end up with once you start with the whole "God let it happen, so it's good" idea.

Comment

No - that's not what I said at all, and you're smart enough to know it. There are legitimate means and methods to deal with Trump. If he gets impeached and removed from office --- like I said --- I'm ready for President Pence.

The Democrats appear to have given it their best shot, and it seems, so far, to be falling flat. There's an election less than a year away.

Are you THAT insecure, Jim, that you're seeing threats where there are none? I don't even know what 'threat' you're talking about.
        Are you that dense that you cant comprehend the words I wrote did not accuse you of making a threat but instead were just asking you what you meant because what you appeared to be saying did not make sense.

But I realize it's not being dense. Its having let yourself reach a point where you are no longer willing to interact with me at any level of deceny or honesty.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          A bit of advice: it's okay to laugh at yourself.
          Not on this web site. Not in a conversation with you or cp.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I'm not in hate mode. But saying that I am is a consistent libel of me by you.
            OK, we're getting back to the whole "there are no friends" "everybody's against me" thing.....

I'm going to withdraw - it's not healthy for you and it's not fun for me. Feel free to rant without me.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are you that dense that you cant comprehend the words I wrote did not accuse you of making a threat but instead were just asking you what you meant because what you appeared to be saying did not make sense.

But I realize it's not being dense. Its having let yourself reach a point where you are no longer willing to interact with me at any level of deceny or honesty.
              wow
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

wow
                Indeed.

Comment

OK, we're getting back to the whole "there are no friends" "everybody's against me" thing.....

I'm going to withdraw - it's not healthy for you and it's not fun for me. Feel free to rant without me.
                  Always acting like it's the other guy. Pretty good gig - if you can make it stick.

Comment

Always acting like it's the other guy. Pretty good gig - if you can make it stick.
                    Disengaged, Jim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I would never rant about you CP. You'd just get too big of a kick out of it.

Comment

Disengaged, Jim.
                        Not yet it does appear ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          I don't see how this even begins to actually answer oxmixmudd's point. While the example he picked may have been extreme and an example of Godwin's Law, he's still got a point as to how what you end up with once you start with the whole "God let it happen, so it's good" idea.
                          I dont mind violating Godwin's law if the point is valid. It's a good test of whether the person on the other side of the argument is willing to engage the substance over using a petty excuse to disengage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            No, it's not "God let it happen so it's a good idea".

I don't believe, in the case of Hitler, that it was impossible for God to stop Hitler. God is omnipotent - He can do anything He wants whenever He wants wherever He wants. Because of the fall, man is capable of doing some pretty horrible things - God doesn't always step in and stop it. God doesn't prevent Hurricanes from drowning people... There are many consequences of 'the fall' that we don't like, but I don't think you can blame God for "not stopping them".

In the case of Hitler, the world went to war, and eventually that evil was stopped. War was the ugly remedy.

In the case of Trump, there are legitimate tools at our disposal, and they happen to be impeachment and/or the next election.

I'm good with either. I just don't see any point in 24/7 endless blogging about a guy when that has no power whatsoever to remedy the situation. I think it's unhealthy, and I think it allows Satan to drive a wedge between brothers - not over theology - but over politics.

Comment

I don't believe, in the case of Hitler, that it was impossible for God to stop Hitler. God is omnipotent - He can do anything He wants whenever He wants wherever He wants. Because of the fall, man is capable of doing some pretty horrible things - God doesn't always step in and stop it. God doesn't prevent Hurricanes from drowning people... There are many consequences of 'the fall' that we don't like, but I don't think you can blame God for "not stopping them".

In the case of Hitler, the world went to war, and eventually that evil was stopped. War was the ugly remedy.

In the case of Trump, there are legitimate tools at our disposal, and they happen to be impeachment and/or the next election.

I'm good with either. I just don't see any point in 24/7 endless blogging about a guy when that has no power whatsoever to remedy the situation. I think it's unhealthy, and I think it allows Satan to drive a wedge between brothers - not over theology - but over politics.
                              If your so concerned about Satan driving wedges, why do you spend so much time helping him do it?

Comment

It was difficult to interpret your statement in another fashion.

I can understand the degree of "you don't have power to remedy the situation so you can calm down about it"--heck, I've paid almost no attention to this whole impeachment business. Is Trump guilty? Heck if I know, I haven't kept up. Why bother? I wasn't going to vote for Trump anyway (whatever small chance I had was removed by his haphazard Syrian withdrawal), and I can't see myself voting for any of the Democrats either. It'll almost certainly be Brian Carroll for me, even if it has to be a Write-In. The issue of Trump's guilt or innocence won't even affect me indirectly in regards to the Senate/House (who do decide the issue of impeachment) because my district is so liberal the Republicans didn't even bother running someone last time, and there's no Senate election in my state in 2020. So why should I care? The amount of time spent untangling this whole mess to form an opinion would be better spent forming an opinion on something that is actually relevant to my life choices.

The problem is that that doesn't really relate to the whole "well, God allowed it!" idea. I don't know why you even brought it up if you weren't actually arguing anything with it.

Comment