Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Ukraine scandal timeline Democrats... don’t want America to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    There's no question he was close friends with Biden. Apparently the Dems opened the door to situations in Ukraine he wasn't privy to beforehand, or maybe just turned a blind eye to before the hoopla started. Or maybe the Russian bots got to Graham.
    Or, he always claimed there should be more drinkin' in the White House*, so maybe...

*back to the days when Reagan and O'Neil would discuss politics over drinks
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Or, he always claimed there should be more drinkin' in the White House*, so maybe...

*back to the days when Reagan and O'Neil would discuss politics over drinks
      So, if you get to choose between God’s greatest creation or Trump, you’ll ...... yes? ....... aha? .......
      Come on, CP, a no-brainer or what?
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        So, if you get to choose between God’s greatest creation or Trump, you’ll ...... yes? ....... aha? .......
        Come on, CP, a no-brainer or what?
        It has to be an either / or?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• God's greatest creation was my wife.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            God's greatest creation was my wife.
            ....I get the sense that your wife reads this forum? lol
            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I have absolutely no clue how you've come to that conclusion from any of my posts. Yes, he wants Biden investigated, in fact, I believe he wants to be impeached so the senate can conduct a full investigation. I just don't believe he did it because he felt Biden was a political threat. That's MSM spin to deflect from the fact Biden clearly did exactly what they're accusing Trump of doing, only for worse reasons.
              That'd be why I asked....didn't seem right, but you said you didn't believe the reason offered by the MSM and I didn't see you offering an alternative, so I figured I'd ask for clarification.

I do think Trump sees Biden as a political threat, and I think Trump doesn't personally care about corruption; he's just seizing on it to accomplish his own goals. However, I do wonder if the Democrats aren't proceeding with this pointless impeachment inquiry to distract attention away from Biden's corrupt antics. Classic political move, deflect attention from your own side's mistakes and by highlighting the mistakes of the other side. Just seize on the issue in a public way and make sure to shout real loud.
              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
                That'd be why I asked....didn't seem right, but you said you didn't believe the reason offered by the MSM and I didn't see you offering an alternative, so I figured I'd ask for clarification.

I do think Trump sees Biden as a political threat, and I think Trump doesn't personally care about corruption; he's just seizing on it to accomplish his own goals. However, I do wonder if the Democrats aren't proceeding with this pointless impeachment inquiry to distract attention away from Biden's corrupt antics. Classic political move, deflect attention from your own side's mistakes and by highlighting the mistakes of the other side. Just seize on the issue in a public way and make sure to shout real loud.
                The odd thing, though, is that the Dems are just about forcing more attention on Biden. Sure, while the ball's in their court, then can control the dialogue, but when it shifts to the Senate...

Comment

I don't know, I've thought about that too. How odd the whistleblower that started it all was a CIA mole. But like CP stated, it ultimately doesn't work in their favor much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Since we're talking cop stuff -- I'll tell you my most embarrassing story, that happened this time of the year many years ago.

It was about 2 AM, and a really really cold windy Texas night, and I came upon a car partly in a ditch, with a left flat tire, and an elderly African-American woman trying to change the tire. As I got out, and approached the vehicle, I noticed somebody in the driver's seat, and it was a MAN! I was young and cocky and it just kinda outraged me that a MAN would be sitting in the warm vehicle, while a WOMAN was outside in the cold changing the tire. I came up to the car door, ordered him out, and he resisted. I was just about to yank him out by force when I ... um.... noticed he didn't have any legs.

He was a Korean War vet who had lost both legs to a land mine. I was so terribly embarrassed... I changed the tire, which I was gonna do anyway, and apologized profusely, and helped them get the car out of the ditch. For the next few days, I felt the shame that I had acted so hastily, and it was definitely a lesson learned.

About a week later, the woman stopped in at the PD and asked for me. She asked, "young man, do you have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving?" I was stunned -- she said, "Gerald would love it if you would be our guest at our home". Wow. I had Thanksgiving with them for the next 3 years, til I got married and we started our own family tradition, but I often think of them -- and the lesson learned.
                    Don't believe I've ever had anything that positive from a tire change, and I've changed more tires on the side of the road than I care to remember. Come to think of it, they've all been women traveling alone. Why is it always women, do they never learn to change a tire? But I digress. I've gotten a muttered "thanks" and that's about it...I'm not sure if I should be glad that people expect that help from the police, or be frustrated that they don't seem realize that I am totally choosing to do that because I want to help and it's 1000% times easier to just keep driving than stop to help.

Comment

I don't know, I've thought about that too. How odd the whistleblower that started it all was a CIA mole. But like CP stated, it ultimately doesn't work in their favor much.
                      Seems to be going pretty good so far. I'm seeing almost zero media time devoted to Biden's corruption. It's mostly about the latest step in the impeachment inquiry, references to the 'fact' that the Biden thing has been debunked, and constant expressions of mock surprise about how much Trump sucks.

They'll never sway Trump's core supporters, but victory is in the swing voters and anything they can do to win them over is good for them.

Comment

Don't believe I've ever had anything that positive from a tire change, and I've changed more tires on the side of the road than I care to remember. Come to think of it, they've all been women traveling alone. Why is it always women, do they never learn to change a tire? But I digress. I've gotten a muttered "thanks" and that's about it...I'm not sure if I should be glad that people expect that help from the police, or be frustrated that they don't seem realize that I am totally choosing to do that because I want to help and it's 1000% times easier to just keep driving than stop to help.
                        I actually had one woman who refused to let me change the tire - she said, you just stand there and tell me what to do! So I did! That was nearly 50 years ago - I imagine if I did that today, it would be all over youtube "Cop makes woman change tire while he just stands there doing nothing!"

Comment

Seems to be going pretty good so far. I'm seeing almost zero media time devoted to Biden's corruption. It's mostly about the latest step in the impeachment inquiry, references to the 'fact' that the Biden thing has been debunked, and constant expressions of mock surprise about how much Trump sucks.

They'll never sway Trump's core supporters, but victory is in the swing voters and anything they can do to win them over is good for them.
                          If it goes to the senate that will change, which is why I'm sort of doubting it will even get to that point. Dems are truly between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

If it goes to the senate that will change, which is why I'm sort of doubting it will even get to that point. Dems are truly between a rock and a hard place.
                            Yeah, thing I'm wondering about is whether it's better for them to impeach him and watch it die in the senate, or else fail to impeach him...and look like they failed at that.

Comment