Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chick-fil-A Caves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    The problem with bending the knee is that you will receive no mercy for doing so.
    Yes, never apologise or in any way back down to people who call you racist, Nazi, bigot etc.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Why is it the world's business who anybody makes donations to?
      Yeah, I have often wondered about that too when Christians on tweb want to know who I make donations to. Not their business.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Yeah, I have often wondered about that too when Christians on tweb want to know who I make donations to. Not their business.
        You probably get asked that when you accuse us of not supporting pregnant women, etc.

You know, if we don't support abortions then we obviously do nothing to help pregnant women with their pregnancies, etc.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Why is it the world's business who anybody makes donations to?
          Because if someone is making donations to a group you disagree with, that's a plausible reason to not want to give them money that can end up donated to those groups.

Sort of like how when people object to their tax money going to things they don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            Because if someone is making donations to a group you disagree with, that's a plausible reason to not want to give them money that can end up donated to those groups.

Sort of like how when people object to their tax money going to things they don't like.
            I get that, because I just went through a situation where I decided to stop supporting an organization. NOT because of who that organization donates to but the ideology of that organization. If people don't want to support, say, the SA because they allegedly don't help certain groups of people (which I believe is patently false) then stop supporting them. You don't have to announce it to the world. Nobody would know that CFA donates to SA if they hadn't announced it to the world. Did you know they did that before this news story broke?

If people don't want to buy from CFA because of their ideology, then they don't have to. They don't have to announce it to the world.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You probably get asked that when you accuse us of not supporting pregnant women, etc.

You know, if we don't support abortions then we obviously do nothing to help pregnant women with their pregnancies, etc.
              That is quite a statement to make and with no support at all. I am against abortion myself so...
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

That is quite a statement to make and with no support at all. I am against abortion myself so...

The "you" in my comment was a general "you" and not specifically directed at you, except that I was responding to your pretty much general statement about Christians here wanting to know to whom you make donations. Quite a statement to make with no support at all and I don't think I've ever asked you to whom you make donations.

Comment

Go Popeye's.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

That’s good news.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The "you" in my comment was a general "you" and not specifically directed at you, except that I was responding to your pretty much general statement about Christians here wanting to know to whom you make donations. Quite a statement to make with no support at all and I don't think I've ever asked you to whom you make donations.
                      Never claimed you did, as in you, Mossrose, not "you" in general.

Others have done so, CP who amened your post, is among them.
                      Last edited by Charles; 11-21-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Have it your own way.

Comment

Have it your own way.
                          No, that's Burger King.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Guilt by amen!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Er, CP is married, you know. Not healthy having crushes on married men...
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                The problem with bending the knee is that you will receive no mercy for doing so. In fact, not only will the resistance now probably get even worse, but you'll lose the respect of your political support base.
                                GLAAD has already made it clear that they want more -- much more -- from Chick-fil-A.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment