Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump issues at least two pardons to service members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Oh, you mean the House Judiciary Committee hearings!!! No, Jim, don't be confused by the terminology -- these are just more impeachment hearings held before the Judiciary Committee, led by Nadler, yet another political hack.
    Yeah, that's what I said, I didn't say constitutional hearings. What I said was that there will be constitutional scholars there who will explain impeachment to you and why Trump has violated the Constitution.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Yeah, that's what I said, I didn't say constitutional hearings.
      Yeah, I got that.... but they're not "Judicial Hearings" - they're simply more of the same by a specific committee.

What I said was that there will be constitutional scholars there who will explain impeachment to you and why Trump has violated the Constitution.
      You mean, there will be constitutional scholars there chosen by the prosecution to give their opinions as to why they believe....

It still boils down to politics, Jim.... It's a political process, and those politicians have to answer to the folks in their own districts.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, I got that.... but they're not "Judicial Hearings" - they're simply more of the same by a specific committee.

You mean, there will be constitutional scholars there chosen by the prosecution to give their opinions as to why they believe....

It still boils down to politics, Jim.... It's a political process, and those politicians have to answer to the folks in their own districts.
        Well, they should answer to their own consciences first, tell the truth to their constituents and let the chips fall where the may.

Comment

Again, the argument isn't about his powers, it's about his abuse of those powers whether they be illegal or not. The military has a court for a reason, they are responsible for the rule of order in their organization, and these men were obviously guilty of horrific crimes. Trump trumped the decision of that court for political reasons and signaled to the enlisted that they are free to ignore military rule.
          Is the president the commander and chief, of the armed forces?

Is Trump the president?

What did he do that was outside his powers Jimmy? Be specific because you have not a clue how the military works and it shows. Here is how the upper command structure works:

The President of the United States
          The secretary of Defense
          Branch secretaries (Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy)
          Chief of staff
          Service Chiefs of Staff

Who is at the top of the chain of command?
          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 11-30-2019, 03:15 PM.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Well, they should answer to their own consciences first, tell the truth to their constituents and let the chips fall where the may.
            Unfortunately, these are politicians we're talking about. They get into office by padding their resumes, hiding the past, and promising the moon.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Is the president the commander and chief, of the armed forces?

Is Trump the president?

What did he do that was outside his powers Jimmy? Be specific because you have not a clue how the military works and it shows. Here is how the upper command structure works:

The President of the United States
              The secretary of Defense
              Branch secretaries (Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy)
              Chief of staff
              Service Chiefs of Staff

Who is at the top of the chain of command?
              Again, obviously not outside his powers, lilpix, he did it. That's not the argument.

Comment

Again, obviously not outside his powers, lilpix, he did it. That's not the argument.
                The argument is you guys are clueless?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The argument is you guys are clueless?
                  Obviously the clueless one is you lilpix, because you can't even follow the argument.

Comment

Obviously the clueless one is you lilpix, because you can't even follow the argument.
                    I understand it just fine Jimmy. The issue is that it is stupid. You are aware that the lead prosecutor, in one of these cases, was caught spying on the defense. Right?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I understand it just fine Jimmy. The issue is that it is stupid. You are aware that the lead prosecutor, in one of these cases, was caught spying on the defense. Right?
                      There were a number of other improprieties, as well.

Comment