Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump issues at least two pardons to service members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It remains a problem that draft dodger choses to be judge and jury over ruling Military Courts, and firing the highest career military officers. Of course it is his authoritarian right to do so by Royal decree.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      There will be more coming out on this - and I bet you haven't read any of the transcripts or background... this is just another opportunity to "orange man bad". Never miss an opportunity fling poo just "because Trump", Jim.
      Never miss an opportunity to defend the indefensible when it comes to the dear leader, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Never miss an opportunity to defend the indefensible when it comes to the dear leader, CP.
        Ya know, there are actually counselors available for people with your condition, Jim.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          It remains a problem that draft dodger choses to be judge and jury over ruling Military Courts, and firing the highest career military officers. Of course it is his authoritarian right to do so by Royal decree.
          How is Trump a ‘draft dodger’?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            I've always wondered about folk who feel it is necessary to make stuff up to support their position. To me it signals that at some level they realize that their case is incredibly weak so instead of reevaluate their position based on that they instead decide to fabricate and concoct stuff to bolster their stance.

Never a wise course.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              What I'm saying Leonhard is that after what the Marines saw happen to their captured men at the hands of the Japanese in Guadalcanal (which lasted the rest of the war) their response was understandable. And they shouldn't have been prosecuted.
              True, and soldiers are in general granted some amount of leeway during wartime. We're humans, and can be dominated by passions. However, we can't call something that is evil, good.

And even the military has limits on what it allows.

Comment

Because he avoided the military draft during the Vietnam war? I don't blame him for doing that though, I wouldn't have joined up to fight the Vietnam war either. I only really remember it being pointed out when he disrespects veterans.

Comment

Trump received college deferments for Viet-nam. Out of college, he was initially classified for eligibility until his physical when he was reclassified for 'only if national emergency or war' which was later converted to 4F when they ditched that classification.

He didn't move to Canada or shoot his own foot so no, he's not a draft dodger.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    Because he avoided the military draft during the Vietnam war? I don't blame him for doing that though, I wouldn't have joined up to fight the Vietnam war either. I only really remember it being pointed out when he disrespects veterans.
                    Unless he paid off the doctor, he didn't do anything other than go to college to avoid the draft.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      Unless he paid off the doctor, he didn't do anything other than go to college to avoid the draft.
                      Exactly, it's not a big thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Ya know, there are actually counselors available for people with your condition, Jim.
                        Physician heal thyself, remove that log from your eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          How about if his daddy paid off the doctor to lie for him, because that's what he did.

Comment

Physician heal thyself, remove that log from your eye.
                            Sure, Jim.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How about if his daddy paid off the doctor to lie for him, because that's what he did.
                              Got a cite for that? Because even the leftist folks at Snopes.com don't seem to push that.

Comment

And you have actual proof? Not Kevin Bacon style proof but the real thing? If so, link please.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment