Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roger Stone found guilty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roger Stone found guilty

    I don't see a thread on this yet, but long-time Trump political adviser, Roger Stone, has been found guilty on all 7 charges that were brought against him. 5 counts of making false statements to investigators, one of obstruction, and one of witness tampering. He now awaits sentencing, with the charges against him having a combined possible prison sentence of 50 years.

    Roger Stone is the 6th major figure in Trump's orbit to have been found guilty by courts since Trump took office:
    Trump's campaign chair: Convicted felon
    Trump's deputy campaign chair: Convicted felon
    Trump's foreign policy adviser: Convicted felon
    Trump's national security adviser: Convicted felon
    Trump's personal lawyer: Convicted felon
    Trump's longstanding political adviser: Convicted felon

    When a person such as Trump surrounds themselves with that many criminals, it is probably not a coincidence. Mob bosses are also surrounded by criminals. 5 of the charges against Stone were for lying to investigators, where his motive for lying would have been to protect Trump. If he had the belief that Trump's actions were totally legal, he would not have felt the need to commit a crime himself in order to hide those actions from investigators.

    The next person in Trump's orbit who seems likely to face charges, is Trump's lawyer Rudy Guiliani. Two of Guiliani's associates were recently arrested and charged, and multiple investigations are now zeroing in on Guiliani's own crimes. MAGA, once again, appears to stand for Making Attorneys Get Attorneys, because when attorneys do crimes with Trump, they end up in prison for it.

    I guess we'll have drained the swamp when Trump and all of Trump's associates are in prison for their crimes.
    Last edited by Starlight; 11-15-2019, 07:39 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I don't see a thread on this yet, but long-time Trump political adviser, Roger Stone, has been found guilty on all 7 charges that were brought against him. 5 counts of making false statements to investigators, one of obstruction, and one of witness tampering. He now awaits sentencing, with the charges against him having a combined possible prison sentence of 50 years.

    Roger Stone is the 6th major figure in Trump's orbit to have been found guilty by courts since Trump took office:
    Trump's campaign chair: Convicted felon
    Trump's deputy campaign chair: Convicted felon
    Trump's foreign policy adviser: Convicted felon
    Trump's national security adviser: Convicted felon
    Trump's personal lawyer: Convicted felon
    Trump's longstanding political adviser: Convicted felon

    When a person such as Trump surrounds themselves with that many criminals, it is probably not a coincidence. Mob bosses are also surrounded by criminals. 5 of the charges against Stone were for lying to investigators, where his motive for lying would have been to protect Trump. If he had the belief that Trump's actions were totally legal, he would not have felt the need to commit a crime himself in order to hide those actions from investigators.

    The next person in Trump's orbit who seems likely to face charges, is Trump's lawyer Rudy Guiliani. Two of Guiliani's associates were recently arrested and charged, and multiple investigations are now zeroing in on Guiliani's own crimes. MAGA, once again, appears to stand for Making Attorneys Get Attorneys, because when attorneys do crimes with Trump, they end up in prison for it.

    I guess we'll have drained the swamp when Trump and all of Trump's associates are in prison for their crimes.
    By their friends ye shall know them.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hardly anything new though.

      For instance, Here is a list of 40 Clinton associates who were convicted of various crimes. And they weren't process crimes like many of Trump's associates have been convicted of. One of the highlights (or maybe lowlights) Bill Clinton’s Whitewater business partners Jim and Susan McDougal and former Arkansas Governor Jim Guy Tucker were convicted for conspiracy and fraud.

      James McDougal was convicted of 18 felonies and died in prison. Before his death he turned on Clinton who he previously staunchly defended[1]

      Susan McDougal served 18 months for refusing to answer questions for a grand jury, on whether President Bill Clinton lied in his testimony during her Whitewater trial and immediately afterwards began a two year sentence for four counts of fraud and conspiracy relating to the Whitewater scandal but was later pardoned by Bill Clinton (a reward for keeping her mouth shut?).

      Jim Guy Tucker was convicted of one count of conspiracy and one count of mail fraud and forced to resign as Governor. He was given a lenient sentence of four years' probation and house detention because of his poor health (a month after his conviction he received a liver transplant).

      And then there was Hillary's law partner Webster Hubbell, who Bill appointed Associate Attorney General, who pled guilty to one count of wire fraud and one count of tax fraud and sentenced to 21 months. Later he entered a plea bargain agreement where he pled guilty to one charge of failing to disclose a potential conflict of interest in exchange for having all charges dropped against his his wife, his lawyer, his accountant and got probation.

      What makes Hubbell especially interesting is what he said while in prison during a phone call to his wife (all calls from prisoners are recorded)

      Source: Jail Tapes Portray Hubbell As Clinton Loyalist


      Talking to his wife in 1996 while in a federal prison serving out his sentence for embezzling from his former clients and partners at Little Rock's Rose Law Firm, Hubbell repeatedly expressed concern for one of those former partners: Hillary Rodham Clinton.

      "I will not raise those allegations that might open it up to Hillary," Hubbell told his wife Suzanna in one phone call, responding to a White House friend's fear that his dispute with the law firm could create problems for the first lady. "So I need to roll over one more time."


      Source

      © Copyright Original Source



      "So I need to roll over one more time."

      And of course there were also those associated with all of the money funneled from China to the Clinton-Gore campaign through Buddhist monasteries and other means -- the one where FBI agents came forward at the time (unheard of back then) to publicly complain that Clinton's DoJ interfered with the investigation and folks like "Charlie" Trie, John Huang, James Riady, and Maria Hsia were convicted of various crimes.

      And note, that no Democrats ever screamed about a foreign country trying to influence an election when China was illegally funneling money into the Clinton campaign.

      Now, this is NOT to excuse having a number of associates with shady behavior but rather to note that it isn't anything new, especially if the president is being incessantly investigated for several years.






      1.
      Source: James McDougal's Last Word Is A Tell-All Book


      McDougal alleged that in the 1980s, he and a longtime businessman at McDougal's S&L, Henry Hamilton, "developed a system to pass money to Clinton," then governor of Arkansas. "I considered it just another way of helping to take care of Bill.

      "A contractor agreed to pad my monthly construction bill by $2,000," McDougal wrote. "The contractor put the figure on his invoice as a cost for gravel or culvert work. After I paid the full amount ... the contractor reimbursed me the $2,000. I turned the money over to Henry to give to Clinton."

      Hamilton is dead.

      "Once, after I handed Henry his latest consignment of 20 hundred-dollar bills to relay to the governor's office, he turned the bills over and over in one hand, like a magician," McDougal said. "Henry grinned. `You know,' he said, `Caesar had his Brutus, Charles the First had Cromwell. Clinton could profit from these examples if he crosses us.'"


      Source

      © Copyright Original Source


      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Hardly anything new though.

        For instance, Here is a list of 40 Clinton associates who were convicted of various crimes. And they weren't process crimes like many of Trump's associates have been convicted of. One of the highlights (or maybe lowlights) Bill Clinton’s Whitewater business partners Jim and Susan McDougal and former Arkansas Governor Jim Guy Tucker were convicted for conspiracy and fraud.

        James McDougal was convicted of 18 felonies and died in prison. Before his death he turned on Clinton who he previously staunchly defended[1]

        Susan McDougal served 18 months for refusing to answer questions for a grand jury, on whether President Bill Clinton lied in his testimony during her Whitewater trial and immediately afterwards began a two year sentence for four counts of fraud and conspiracy relating to the Whitewater scandal but was later pardoned by Bill Clinton (a reward for keeping her mouth shut?).

        Jim Guy Tucker was convicted of one count of conspiracy and one count of mail fraud and forced to resign as Governor. He was given a lenient sentence of four years' probation and house detention because of his poor health (a month after his conviction he received a liver transplant).

        And then there was Hillary's law partner Webster Hubbell, who Bill appointed Associate Attorney General, who pled guilty to one count of wire fraud and one count of tax fraud and sentenced to 21 months. Later he entered a plea bargain agreement where he pled guilty to one charge of failing to disclose a potential conflict of interest in exchange for having all charges dropped against his his wife, his lawyer, his accountant and got probation.

        What makes Hubbell especially interesting is what he said while in prison during a phone call to his wife (all calls from prisoners are recorded)

        Source: Jail Tapes Portray Hubbell As Clinton Loyalist


        Talking to his wife in 1996 while in a federal prison serving out his sentence for embezzling from his former clients and partners at Little Rock's Rose Law Firm, Hubbell repeatedly expressed concern for one of those former partners: Hillary Rodham Clinton.

        "I will not raise those allegations that might open it up to Hillary," Hubbell told his wife Suzanna in one phone call, responding to a White House friend's fear that his dispute with the law firm could create problems for the first lady. "So I need to roll over one more time."


        Source

        © Copyright Original Source



        "So I need to roll over one more time."

        And of course there were also those associated with all of the money funneled from China to the Clinton-Gore campaign through Buddhist monasteries and other means -- the one where FBI agents came forward at the time (unheard of back then) to publicly complain that Clinton's DoJ interfered with the investigation and folks like "Charlie" Trie, John Huang, James Riady, and Maria Hsia were convicted of various crimes.

        And note, that no Democrats ever screamed about a foreign country trying to influence an election when China was illegally funneling money into the Clinton campaign.

        Now, this is NOT to excuse having a number of associates with shady behavior but rather to note that it isn't anything new, especially if the president is being incessantly investigated for several years.






        1.
        Source: James McDougal's Last Word Is A Tell-All Book


        McDougal alleged that in the 1980s, he and a longtime businessman at McDougal's S&L, Henry Hamilton, "developed a system to pass money to Clinton," then governor of Arkansas. "I considered it just another way of helping to take care of Bill.

        "A contractor agreed to pad my monthly construction bill by $2,000," McDougal wrote. "The contractor put the figure on his invoice as a cost for gravel or culvert work. After I paid the full amount ... the contractor reimbursed me the $2,000. I turned the money over to Henry to give to Clinton."

        Hamilton is dead.

        "Once, after I handed Henry his latest consignment of 20 hundred-dollar bills to relay to the governor's office, he turned the bills over and over in one hand, like a magician," McDougal said. "Henry grinned. `You know,' he said, `Caesar had his Brutus, Charles the First had Cromwell. Clinton could profit from these examples if he crosses us.'"


        Source

        © Copyright Original Source


        Except that he has been found guilty in a court of law on ALL counts acting on behalf of and at the behest of the Trump administration. By diminishing this and continuing to advocate on behalf of that same corruption you are placing yourself squarely in the defense of evil rogue.

        You are missing the forest for the trees

        You are selling your birthright for a bowl of porridge
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-16-2019, 09:01 AM.
        He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

        "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And they weren't process crimes like many of Trump's associates have been convicted of.
          This is an important point. Liberals keep trying to advance the narrative that Trump surrounds himself with criminals, but of everybody within Trump's "circle" who has been convicted, it was either for crimes committed years before Trump announced his candidacy, or for "crimes" that only exist because people didn't tell a dirty cop what he wanted to hear.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Hardly anything new though.

            For instance, Here is a list of 40 Clinton associates who were convicted of various crimes. And they weren't process crimes like many of Trump's associates have been convicted of. One of the highlights (or maybe lowlights) Bill Clinton’s Whitewater business partners Jim and Susan McDougal and former Arkansas Governor Jim Guy Tucker were convicted for conspiracy and fraud.

            James McDougal was convicted of 18 felonies and died in prison. Before his death he turned on Clinton who he previously staunchly defended[1]

            Susan McDougal served 18 months for refusing to answer questions for a grand jury, on whether President Bill Clinton lied in his testimony during her Whitewater trial and immediately afterwards began a two year sentence for four counts of fraud and conspiracy relating to the Whitewater scandal but was later pardoned by Bill Clinton (a reward for keeping her mouth shut?).

            Jim Guy Tucker was convicted of one count of conspiracy and one count of mail fraud and forced to resign as Governor. He was given a lenient sentence of four years' probation and house detention because of his poor health (a month after his conviction he received a liver transplant).

            And then there was Hillary's law partner Webster Hubbell, who Bill appointed Associate Attorney General, who pled guilty to one count of wire fraud and one count of tax fraud and sentenced to 21 months. Later he entered a plea bargain agreement where he pled guilty to one charge of failing to disclose a potential conflict of interest in exchange for having all charges dropped against his his wife, his lawyer, his accountant and got probation.

            What makes Hubbell especially interesting is what he said while in prison during a phone call to his wife (all calls from prisoners are recorded)

            Source: Jail Tapes Portray Hubbell As Clinton Loyalist


            Talking to his wife in 1996 while in a federal prison serving out his sentence for embezzling from his former clients and partners at Little Rock's Rose Law Firm, Hubbell repeatedly expressed concern for one of those former partners: Hillary Rodham Clinton.

            "I will not raise those allegations that might open it up to Hillary," Hubbell told his wife Suzanna in one phone call, responding to a White House friend's fear that his dispute with the law firm could create problems for the first lady. "So I need to roll over one more time."


            Source

            © Copyright Original Source



            "So I need to roll over one more time."

            And of course there were also those associated with all of the money funneled from China to the Clinton-Gore campaign through Buddhist monasteries and other means -- the one where FBI agents came forward at the time (unheard of back then) to publicly complain that Clinton's DoJ interfered with the investigation and folks like "Charlie" Trie, John Huang, James Riady, and Maria Hsia were convicted of various crimes.

            And note, that no Democrats ever screamed about a foreign country trying to influence an election when China was illegally funneling money into the Clinton campaign.

            Now, this is NOT to excuse having a number of associates with shady behavior but rather to note that it isn't anything new, especially if the president is being incessantly investigated for several years.






            1.
            Source: James McDougal's Last Word Is A Tell-All Book


            McDougal alleged that in the 1980s, he and a longtime businessman at McDougal's S&L, Henry Hamilton, "developed a system to pass money to Clinton," then governor of Arkansas. "I considered it just another way of helping to take care of Bill.

            "A contractor agreed to pad my monthly construction bill by $2,000," McDougal wrote. "The contractor put the figure on his invoice as a cost for gravel or culvert work. After I paid the full amount ... the contractor reimbursed me the $2,000. I turned the money over to Henry to give to Clinton."

            Hamilton is dead.

            "Once, after I handed Henry his latest consignment of 20 hundred-dollar bills to relay to the governor's office, he turned the bills over and over in one hand, like a magician," McDougal said. "Henry grinned. `You know,' he said, `Caesar had his Brutus, Charles the First had Cromwell. Clinton could profit from these examples if he crosses us.'"


            Source

            © Copyright Original Source

            What CLinton appointees in the Clinton Administration were convicted of anything?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Except that he has been found guilty in a court of law on ALL counts acting on behalf of and at the behest of the Trump administration. By diminishing this and continuing to advocate on behalf of that same corruption you are placing yourself squarely in the defense of evil rogue.

              You are missing the forest for the trees

              You are selling your birthright for a bowl of porridge
              Yes. Roger Stone was a confidant of Trump and the WikiLeaks connection and has been found guilty on all seven counts. So, it seems that the right person is being "locked up" over the Clinton emails.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

              Comment

              Related Threads

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Mountain Man, Yesterday, 09:34 AM
              5 responses
              55 views
              0 likes
              Last Post shunyadragon  
              Started by CivilDiscourse, 12-03-2020, 07:13 AM
              11 responses
              98 views
              0 likes
              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
              Started by shunyadragon, 12-02-2020, 10:50 PM
              48 responses
              353 views
              1 like
              Last Post NorrinRadd  
              Started by rogue06, 12-02-2020, 08:47 AM
              5 responses
              59 views
              0 likes
              Last Post Ronson
              by Ronson
               
              Started by LiconaFan97, 12-01-2020, 11:56 PM
              51 responses
              343 views
              1 like
              Last Post Starlight  
              Working...
              X