Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    But since [Zelensky] is beholden to Trump...
    No he's not.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I will agree it is no sort of proof he is under pressure from Trump, just a likely indicator he is.
      No it's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        No it's not.
        So, you've decided you are no longer interested in discussion?
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Great gaslighting. Tell another one.
          What you are replying to is not gaslighting. Your replys are nearly always abusive and accusatory, with only rarely at most a sentence or two addressing anything other than your personal disdain for me.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So, you've decided you are no longer interested in discussion?
            ox: The moon landing is a hoax that was filmed in a Hollywood studio!
            MM: No it's not.
            ox: So, you've decided you are no longer interested in discussion?

Comment

• "Gaslighting" is one of the most blatantly misused terms on the Internet, especially Reddit. It gets trotted out anytime anybody disagrees with anybody and at this point in time is nearly meaningless despite its very serious word origin. I saw one debate on there recently over whether the British "maths" or American "math" is correct and one person immediately accused the other person of gaslighting them for disagreeing. "Gaslighting" and "narcissism" both, actually.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Does it matter WHERE you said it, Jim? I actually missed it until it was pointed out to me, but it is a bit disappointing, regardless of which post in which you said it.
                You mind detailing what the horrible thing I said to you was co? In this exchange, starting with my longer reply to rogue, the only thing said was that we need to agree there is content in the call transcript that is a possible quid pro quo. Is that really such a harsh thing to say?

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  "Gaslighting" is one of the most blatantly misused terms on the Internet, especially Reddit. It gets trotted out anytime anybody disagrees with anybody and at this point in time is nearly meaningless despite its very serious word origin. I saw one debate on there recently over whether the British "maths" or American "math" is correct and one person immediately accused the other person of gaslighting them for disagreeing. "Gaslighting" and "narcissism" both, actually.
                  You're just trying to gaslight us.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

ox: The moon landing is a hoax that was filmed in a Hollywood studio!
                    MM: No it's not.
                    ox: So, you've decided you are no longer interested in discussion?
                    That is one of your more absurd attempts at analogy mm. Trump put a hold on aid to the ukraine did he not? So clearly zelenski needs to please Trump or he doesnt get the aid- discounting if such a hold was even legal. That means zekensky was beholden to Trump over the period in question.. Your denial is just contrary words. They have no reality behind them.

Comment

The way you present it, it sounds like Sondland and not Trump should be on trial! Sondland openly admitted that he was acting on presumption, and that when he asked the President directly was told very curtly that there was to be no quid pro quo. He is, to my knowledge, the only person on record who spoke directly with Trump, and Trump's words as quoted by Sondland undermine the entire case for impeachment.
                      The implication is that Trump was behind Sonderlands actions. Trump sent him to Ukraine. Trump withheld the aid. Sonderland was in daily communication with Trump and Trump is the one who benefits from it.

That’s the word on the street.

Comment

Trump put a hold on aid to the ukraine did he not?
                        Something which nobody in the Ukrainian government was aware of, which Trump never referenced in his phone call with Zelensky, and which was eventually released without Ukraine ever announcing or even agreeing to undertake any investigations.

So, yeah...

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                          The implication is that Trump was behind Sonderlands actions. Trump sent him to Ukraine. Trump withheld the aid. Sonderland was in daily communication with Trump and Trump is the one who benefits from it.

That’s the word on the street.
                          It doesn't matter what you think the "implications" might be when Sondland testified under oath that he was never given any specific direction from the President, that he was acting on his own presumption, and that when he questioned the President directly was told with what he described as crystal clarity that there was to be no quid pro quo.

Comment

You mind detailing what the horrible thing I said to you was co? In this exchange, starting with my longer reply to rogue, the only thing said was that we need to agree there is content in the call transcript that is a possible quid pro quo. Is that really such a harsh thing to say?
                            I'll just chalk it up to one of your less charitable moments, and let it go.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Something which nobody in the Ukrainian government was aware of, which Trump never referenced in his phone call with Zelensky, and which was eventually released without Ukraine ever announcing or even agreeing to undertake any investigations.

So, yeah...
                              That simply isnt true mm. They were aware of the hold and asked about it. Where do you get off saying they were not aware of the hold? That they knew was reported from multiple sources.

Just today is a report in the NYT they knew as early as July

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/w...itary-aid.html

Comment

That simply isnt true mm. They were aware of the hold and asked about it. Where do you get off saying they were not aware of the hold? That they knew was reported from multiple sources.

Just today is a report in the NYT they knew as early as July

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/w...itary-aid.html
                                If they knew then it was because they figured it out on their own and not because Trump instructed anybody to tell them. Multiple witnesses testified that they were never told that release of the aid was tied to the investigations, and Sondland testified that Trump told him explicitly that he didn't want any reciprocation from Ukraine.

Comment