Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
    I’d also agree! That’s why Biden was cleared.
    Where was Biden cleared? Stopping an investigation is not "clearing". It's kinda like Trump declaring he was "exonerated" because the Mueller report didn't charge him.

Convince me that announcements into Biden and 2016 was in the national interest so we can be in agreement again!
    I don't know that they were, or are, and you don't know that they're not. Remember that "presumption of innocence" thing? Somebody has to actually prove Trump's motive.

Here's another factor -- President Zelensky still claims he felt no pressure - no QPQ.

Let's say that you and I have a phone call, and others overhear parts of it, or find out second or third hand that we talked. Word gets out that I threatened I was blackmailing you -- an illegal act.

You voluntarily state there was no blackmail at all - that we were talking, and I made some suggestions, but you never considered it demands or threats or blackmail.....

who do we believe? You and me? Or people who kinda sorta heard the call, or parts of it, or reports of it.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Where was Biden cleared? Stopping an investigation is not "clearing". It's kinda like Trump declaring he was "exonerated" because the Mueller report didn't charge him.

I don't know that they were, or are, and you don't know that they're not. Remember that "presumption of innocence" thing? Somebody has to actually prove Trump's motive.

Here's another factor -- President Zelensky still claims he felt no pressure - no QPQ.

Let's say that you and I have a phone call, and others overhear parts of it, or find out second or third hand that we talked. Word gets out that I threatened I was blackmailing you -- an illegal act.

You voluntarily state there was no blackmail at all - that we were talking, and I made some suggestions, but you never considered it demands or threats or blackmail.....

who do we believe? You and me? Or people who kinda sorta heard the call, or parts of it, or reports of it.
      The narrative is that Zelensky is lying because he is subordinate to Trump (absurd on its face), or is intimidated by him (a claim that would actually have to be proven).
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The narrative is that Zelensky is lying because he is subordinate to Trump (absurd on its face), or is intimidated by him (a claim that would actually have to be proven).
        Of course, because he can't POSSIBLY be telling the truth if it doesn't implicate Trump.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• And while some polls are claiming that 50% of the country is supposedly behind the push for impeachment, Republicans continue to break fundraising records.

“It’s incredible,” [Republican National Committee spokeswoman Elizabeth Harrington] said. “We have an amazing grassroots army of volunteers, and that’s only skyrocketed since the impeachment charade. We have thousands sign up to get involved off the sidelines. Every single month, we’ve broken records on fundraising — our joint fundraising with the Trump campaign. We’ve just never seen an off-year election like this at the RNC. We’re in a very strong position, and it is because the country is in a strong position, and the Democrats have all the losing arguments. So, we’re really energized. We’re really excited.”

According to Harrington, Republicans are able able to compete in two states that many have categorized as lost causes for the GOP in Minnesota and New Mexico.

“We’re in states that haven’t been on the map for us in decades. It’s like President Trump transformed the map in 2016. We’re looking to do that again in states like Minnesota and New Mexico. You even had our campaign manager, the Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale up in Oregon two weeks ago because we’re looking for voters everywhere. We follow the data, which we’ve invested so much in over the past four or five years — over $300 million. And we follow the data to find voters where they are on issues they care about. We’re in a very good position, no matter who the Democrat nominee is. They’re not going to be able to compete in that regard."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ion-like-this/
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Of course, because he can't POSSIBLY be telling the truth if it doesn't implicate Trump.
            And if what he says exonerates Trump then obviously he's in on it and corrupt.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And while some polls are claiming that 50% of the country is supposedly behind the push for impeachment, Republicans continue to break fundraising records.

“It’s incredible,” [Republican National Committee spokeswoman Elizabeth Harrington] said. “We have an amazing grassroots army of volunteers, and that’s only skyrocketed since the impeachment charade. We have thousands sign up to get involved off the sidelines. Every single month, we’ve broken records on fundraising — our joint fundraising with the Trump campaign. We’ve just never seen an off-year election like this at the RNC. We’re in a very strong position, and it is because the country is in a strong position, and the Democrats have all the losing arguments. So, we’re really energized. We’re really excited.”

According to Harrington, Republicans are able able to compete in two states that many have categorized as lost causes for the GOP in Minnesota and New Mexico.

“We’re in states that haven’t been on the map for us in decades. It’s like President Trump transformed the map in 2016. We’re looking to do that again in states like Minnesota and New Mexico. You even had our campaign manager, the Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale up in Oregon two weeks ago because we’re looking for voters everywhere. We follow the data, which we’ve invested so much in over the past four or five years — over $300 million. And we follow the data to find voters where they are on issues they care about. We’re in a very good position, no matter who the Democrat nominee is. They’re not going to be able to compete in that regard."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...ion-like-this/
              IMPEACH, IMPEACH, IMPEACH!!!! It's WORKING, Democrats!!! Full speed ahead!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                And if what he says exonerates Trump then obviously he's in on it and corrupt.
                If he could have just come to the impeachment farce as a witness, Schiff could correct him and instruct him what his actual testimony should be!

Comment

IMPEACH, IMPEACH, IMPEACH!!!! It's WORKING, Democrats!!! Full speed ahead!!!
                  And you Dems in red districts, don't worry about a thing. 2010 was a fluke. The only ones who might be adversely affected are folks in districts where... well, you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Reality: you’re incapable of having a meaningful discussion on all things Trump because you seem to have a belief he’s the Antichrist and there is no evil he can’t perform. There is no meaningful discussion to be had, with such an extreme viewpoint.
                    So I offer up a discussion one element of the issues regarding this situation with no attacks on any person, and you respond per the above. Perhaps you should take that to heart as to identifying your part of the problem.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

President Zelensky is not subordinate to President Trump.
                      I will agree there is no direct or official 'chain of command' between Trump and Zelinsky and that 'subordinate' doesn't apply in that literal sense, Zelensky is 'subordinate' to Trump in that Trumps hold the keys to his and more importantly his country's relationship with the US and NATO. In this case, Trump decides if there is a White House meeting, which Zelensky needs from a publicity standpoint in terms of what it means to Russia understanding the US is supporting Ukraine. And he needs the US Aid, which Trump put on hold, per Mulvaney's words, as a condition on corruption investigations.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        So I offer up a discussion one element of the issues regarding this situation with no attacks on any person, and you respond per the above. Perhaps you should take that to heart as to identifying your part of the problem.
                        That plank is so throughly jammed in your eye, you can’t see the end of your nose. You attacked me and you’re too full of yourself to see it, hypocrite.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

By the way, he's repeating his claim that he felt no pressure....
                          But since he is beholden to Trump (even more so since the likelhood Trump will actually be removed from office seems very low) those statements have to be taken with a grain of salt. They are what he must say right now, so their truth can't be discerned. If he maintains that as the truth when he has nothing to gain by maintaining that claim, then you have a point. Right now, it just doesn't mean much.

However, if you think about it - he is repeating the claims. Why? Who does he want to hear it? And why must it be said again? And that my friend is actually evidence he IS under pressure, because he is trying very hard to make sure Trump is appeased.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-03-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            That plank is so throughly jammed in your eye, you can’t see the end of your nose. You attacked me and you’re too full of yourself to see it, hypocrite.
                            So - pointing out you often respond to my attempts at rational discussion like you did in this post and the previous post is 'attacking' you?

Comment

But since he is beholden to Trump (even more so since the likelhood Trump will actually be removed from office seems very low) those statements have to be taken with a grain of salt. They are what he must say right now, so their truth can't be discerned. If he maintains that as the truth when he has nothing to gain by maintaining that claim, then you have a point. Right now, it just doesn't mean much.
                              Yes, that's the current talking point, it appears.

However, if you think about it - he is repeating the claims. Why? Who does he want to hear it? And why must it be said again? And that my friend is actually evidence he IS under pressure, because he is trying very hard to make sure Trump is appeased.
                              Calls for speculation, and lots of it.

Comment

So - pointing out you often respond to my attempts at rational discussion like you did in this post and the previous post is 'attacking' you?
                                Did you not read? You said that myself, MM, and CP are not capable of honest discussion, so you can justify yourself and remove all responsibility for any breakdowns when the reality is you’re not capable of rational discussion, due to your presumptions.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment