Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Different times, CP. Republicans were a different breed back then....
    There was nowhere near the partisan division that there is today, and it's both sides, not just the Republicans. Look at how your party is being dragged farther and farther extremist left by some of the wackiest people on the planet.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Different times, CP. Republicans were a different breed back then, they were sane. Trump has committed many obvious crimes already, and could probably shoot someone on 5th ave, and still an impeachment inquiry would be partisan. Republicans/conservatives today are basically led, like sheep, by unethical, immoral propagandists.
      Giving free benefits to illegals when we can't even solve the homeless problem of US citizens, abolishing ICE, opening the borders, abolishing private medical insurance and offering free medical care to all including illegals, reparations to descendants of offenses that have long since passed -- yeah, that's real sane. It's the progressive left that moved far away from the center left into the land of lunacy. It's not just the right and left that are divided, but the left itself is fragmented from the centrists to the radical SJW progressives.
      Last edited by seanD; 11-16-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Um... slow your roll.

I was not wrong - you simply jumped to the conclusion that I thought, or said, that Nixon was actually impeached...

Next?
        You were too wrong - that wasn't the point nor what I thought you were both wrong about. That's why I didn't stop there.

Back up to the post I edited, smarty pants - I already said I knew you knew Nixon wasn't impeached and how I knew it. Next time wait until I finish.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Giving free benefits to illegals when we can't even solve the homeless problem of US citizens, abolishing ICE, opening the borders, abolishing private medical insurance and offering free medical care to all including illegals, reparations to descendants of offenses that have long since passed -- yeah, that's real sane. It's the progressive left that moved far away from the center left into the land of lunacy. It's not just the right and left that are divided, but the left itself is fragmented from the centrists to the radical SJW progressives.
          They are turning on Obama, too.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            You were too wrong
            Nope. Was not.

But I'll allow you to think I was, how's that?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They are turning on Obama, too.
              And he's trying to help them understand they're really "out there".

Comment

Nope. Was not.

But I'll allow you to think I was, how's that?
                Were, too.

Already am!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The sad thing is he threw open the gates that let the crazies run wild. With no gay rights to pursue, there's no internal pressure for the crazies to wait in line - then Trump gets elected and the stampede begins.

And Obama thinks he can just talk them back into the barn...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

How is he doing that, CP?

Comment

The sad thing is he threw open the gates that let the crazies run wild. With no gay rights to pursue, there's no internal pressure for the crazies to wait in line - then Trump gets elected and the stampede begins.

No gay rights to pursue? What? And do you have a problem with gays having rights? Your statements are very vague, Tea. What stampede, you mean the 2018 election stampede, or what?

Comment

No gay rights to pursue? What? And do you have a problem with gays having rights? Your statements are very vague, Tea. What stampede, you mean the 2018 election stampede, or what?
                        They got gay marriage, remember? What are the rest of the SI's supposed to wait for now? 30+ years of internal Democrat policy flushed in one fell swoop.

Of course, Trump's election and the resultant mania weren't in Obama's calculations.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Jim, did you ever get around to answering my question about the statement you made with absolutely no support whatsoever?

But I'll humor you, and actually provide answers, even though you rarely do.

Obama cautions Democratic hopefuls on tacking too far left

By BRIAN SLODYSKO Associated Press

Former President Barack Obama on Friday warned the Democratic field of White House hopefuls not to veer too far to the left, a move he said would alienate many who would otherwise be open to voting for the party’s nominee next year.

Though Obama did not mention anyone by name, the message delivered before a room of Democratic donors in Washington was a clear word of caution about the candidacies of Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. The two have called for massive structural changes — and in Sanders’ case “revolution” — that would dramatically alter the role of government in people’s lives.

The centrist wing of the party has warned for months that a far-left nominee could alienate moderate Republicans and independent voters needed to oust President Donald Trump.

Comment

And more, Jim - heck, I don't even have to search for this stuff - it just shows up...

Obama Tells His Party’s Elites to Relax

Comment

Obama was never one to underestimate his abilities.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                                I do agree that this process has become extremely partisan. And I understand the Republicans hold to "no quid pro quo." But at what point can someone say "investigate my opponent" Then withhold military aid.....Then when there was an agreement, give the military aid...Without it being not connected and not quid pro quo. It's just too difficult not to believe Trump wasn't trying to get something.
                                The only evidence for this is, as we now have seen, second, third and even fourth hand hearsay and the actual, real evidence does not back it up. The Ukrainians never agreed to do anything and didn't do anything and yet got their arms. Moreover, those who we are told were being strong armed were, according to their own testimony, blissfully unaware of it. They didn't even realize that a short delay had been placed on the aid.

It is all but impossible to apply leverage on someone who does not know that you're doing it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment