Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sondland admits quid pro quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Like you and me?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      That you are too blind to see the collusion, the extortion, or the oh so obvious and continuing obstruction, is on you. I suggest you watch the open hearings beginning next week, perhaps a bit of truth will find its way through a chink in the otherwise biased fortification of your brain. Perhaps!
      It isn't "blindness" but rather a need for evidence -- not speculation, not jaundiced opinion, not blind hatred -- but actual evidence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yah, they are friends, CP. He doesn't have to stop using that expression just because it offends you. You used a silly expression of friendship to compare his actions to the criminal activity undertaken on the part of Giuliani, a private citizen, on orders from the criminal President..
        Holder used the term for a very simple reason. He thought it was his job description.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ever heard of a figure of speech? If you want to see how an actual "wing man" of an Atty Gen. operates, watch the way the Atty Gen (Barr) appointed by the guy you support operates.
          News is he has his limits. WP is reporting Trump requested he hold a news conference and declare Trump 'not guilty' of any crimes in Ukraine. He 'declined to acquiesce' to his request. Which is a tacit admission Trump at the very least 'might' have committed crimes in Ukraine.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-07-2019, 05:47 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Holder used the term for a very simple reason. He thought it was his job description.
            Technically, as long as the AG understand the Constitution and the Country are first and that one can't compromise that for ANYONE, such a friendship is ok. IT would require two people of high integrity for that to work out in practice. Trump, at the very least, is not a man of high integrity. And as JimL pointed out, Guiliani is not the AG, or even anyone with an official US office or who has taken any oath to uphold the constitution to which he is obligated. He is simple, at this time, Trump's 'fixer'.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              News is he has his limits. WP is reporting Trump requested he hold a news conference and declare Trump 'not guilty' of any crimes in Ukraine. He 'declined to acquiesce' to his request. Which is a tacit admission Trump at the very least 'might' have committed crimes in Ukraine.
              Or it could simply be that Barr doesn't want the Department of Justice to become embroiled in politics, which would be consistent with how he has operated from day one.

You have to watch yourself, ox, whenever there are multiple possibilities, you invariably settle on the one that is the worst for Trump and then delude yourself into believing that your biased assumptions are necessarily true.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Technically, as long as the AG understand the Constitution and the Country are first and that one can't compromise that for ANYONE, such a friendship is ok. IT would require two people of high integrity for that to work out in practice.
                Is that why Holder routinely defied Congress in order to shield Obama from criminal investigations and was the first attorney general in US history to be held in contempt because of it?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Yup, he was there to defend "my boy" at all costs.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Is that why Holder routinely defied Congress in order to shield Obama from criminal investigations and was the first attorney general in US history to be held in contempt because of it?
                    That's the point - while holder was, indeed, NOT Obama's personal attorney, he acted more in that role than in the role of the chief lawyer of the federal government of the United States
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's the point - while holder was, indeed, NOT Obama's personal attorney, he acted more in that role than in the role of the chief lawyer of the federal government of the United States
                      And Bill Barr seems to be taking the exact opposite approach where both ardent Trump supporters and ardent Trump detractors are dissatisfied with him, which makes me think he's probably doing something right!

Comment

You 'offense' at that would be more believable if you extended the same reaction to Barr's equal if not more extreme function at Trump's side.

Comment

And Bill Barr seems to be taking the exact opposite approach where both ardent Trump supporters and ardent Trump detractors are dissatisfied with him, which makes me think he's probably doing something right!
                          By not heeding Trump's request to declare him not guilty WRT Ukraine, he has shown he has his limits. However, he has an internal doctrine of the extent of presidential power that skews him too far to the point of backing Trump even when he should not. But - if he actually is acting from principle through and through, and his commitment is to the constitution as he understands it and not the president himself, then eventually as Trump veers farther and farther away from what is his place as POTUS and more into self-serving and lawless behavioir, Barr will be required to be in Trumps way more than helping him out and my expectation is you (and breitbart et al) will begin to despise him more and more. Eventually he may even have to join your parade of 'rats'

No one acting from principle can stay on Trump's (or his followers) good side for long.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-07-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

You 'offense' at that
                            "offense" at what?

would be more believable if you extended the same reaction to Barr's equal if not more extreme function at Trump's side.
                            What statements have I made on Barr, Jim? Lemme guess --- I didn't viciously attack him, therefore, I totally support him, eh?

Comment

By not heeding Trump's request to declare him not guilty WRT Ukraine, he has shown he has his limits. However, he has an internal doctrine of the extent of presidential power that skews him too far to the point of backing Trump even when he should not. But - if he actually is acting from principle through and through, and his commitment is to the constitution as he understands it and not the president himself, then eventually as Trump veers farther and farther away from what is his place as POTUS and more into self-serving and lawless behavioir, Barr will be required to be in Trumps way more than helping him out and my expectation is you (and breitbart et al) will begin to despise him more and more. Eventually he may even have to join your parade of 'rats'

No one acting from principle can stay on Trump's (or his followers) good side for long.
                              You're well past the point where everything you write reads like liberal delusion.

Comment

That may be true, but holder and obama are history, and the problem we face today is the same or worse WRT Trump and Barr.

What you seem unable to comprehend is that if it was wrong for Obama and Holden, it is wrong for Trump and Barr. Whether or not such antics are good or bad is independent of who is doing them.

Comment