Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sondland admits quid pro quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Mmmhm. Of course, the right wing media has no talking points. Everything each FOX News talking head says originates individually with no commonality of verbiage or evidence of groupthink messaging.
    The right wing media is so small in comparison to the liberal MSM that it wouldn't be a shock if they happened to start using the same phrase. All you need is two, maybe three doing it and that's essentially "everyone."

Given its size it is a surprise when so many in the MSM start echoing each other -- employing the exact same language (not to mention how quickly they do so). We should see a much wider way of expressing a thought. And this is especially true given that many reporters pride themselves on their writing prowess and that many are in direct competition with each other[1].

But we see none of that. Instead, time and time again, it looks like a single person is writing all the articles and scripts for the news readers (anchors).

No originality, just dutifully reading from the same script almost like they're chanting.

1. Not so much with conservative media which only has one cable news station, not 5 or 6. And a small number of newspapers, the markets for which aren't all that close. The only real competition in conservative media is in syndicated talk radio, and there Limbaugh has reigned supreme for decades.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The right wing media is so small in comparison to the liberal MSM that it wouldn't be a shock if they happened to start using the same phrase. All you need is two, maybe three doing it and that's essentially "everyone."

Given its size it is a surprise when so many in the MSM start echoing each other -- employing the exact same language (not to mention how quickly they do so). We should see a much wider way of expressing a thought. And this is especially true given that many reporters pride themselves on their writing prowess and that many are in direct competition with each other[1].

But we see none of that. Instead, time and time again, it looks like a single person is writing all the articles and scripts for the news readers (anchors).

No originality, just dutifully reading from the same script almost like they're chanting.

1. Not so much with conservative media which only has one cable news station, not 5 or 6. And a small number of newspapers, the markets for which aren't all that close. The only real competition in conservative media is in syndicated talk radio, and there Limbaugh has reigned supreme for decades.
      The best is when one outlet reports something, then other outlets pick it, and then some other outlet will say, "It has been widely reported that..." to suggest independent confirmation when it's all based on a single (often uncorroborated) source!
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Soon, "bribery" and "extortion" were being parroted by left-wing politicians and members of the MSM....
        Ah, for the good ol' days when it was all about collusion!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Taylor’s October 22 depostion behind closed doors suggests Trump did not threaten to withhold aid during the infamous July 25 call between him and his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky that ultimately triggered the impeachment inquiry.

“July 25th is a week after the hold was put on the security assistance. And [on] July 25th, they had a conversation between the two presidents, where it was not discussed,” Taylor declared under questioning from Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX).

Ratcliffe then asked, “To your knowledge, nobody in the Ukrainian Government was aware of the hold?”

“That is correct,” Taylor replied.

Ukraine did not find out there was a hold on U.S. aid until over a month after the call, Taylor testified. The U.S. ultimately released the aid on September 11 without Ukraine having to do anything as part the alleged quid pro quo.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...uo-impossible/

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Rudy had been traveling to Ukraine for months before his April 7 Fox News interview where he publicly accused Biden of corruption. Biden didn't even enter the ring of Democrat candidates until Apr 25.
            So what, he had other corrupt business he was dealing with as well, such as lobbying for the ouster of the head of the largest Natural Gas company in Ukraine who brought Russian imports of NG down from 90 something percent to 0 percent. Putin didn't like that of course, and Rudy was getting paid substantial sums by his corrupt comrades for this work. Part of that job entailed getting rid of the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine who was getting in their way, and of course Trump obliged their request. He was also there to try and shift the blame for the 2016 U.S election interference away from Russia and onto Ukraine. Putin of course was appreciative of that attempt as well. Like Nancy Pelosi said, with Trump, all roads lead to Russia. What do you think Putin has on him? Or do you think he might just be an outright traitor?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Ah, for the good ol' days when americans were united in defense of their country, their democracy, and the rule of law over and above their political ideology.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Taylor’s October 22 depostion behind closed doors suggests Trump did not threaten to withhold aid during the infamous July 25 call between him and his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky that ultimately triggered the impeachment inquiry.

“July 25th is a week after the hold was put on the security assistance. And [on] July 25th, they had a conversation between the two presidents, where it was not discussed,” Taylor declared under questioning from Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX).

Ratcliffe then asked, “To your knowledge, nobody in the Ukrainian Government was aware of the hold?”

“That is correct,” Taylor replied.

Ukraine did not find out there was a hold on U.S. aid until over a month after the call, Taylor testified. The U.S. ultimately released the aid on September 11 without Ukraine having to do anything as part the alleged quid pro quo.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...uo-impossible/
                So if this is correct then Taylor is yet another one who has confirmed that Ukraine was unaware that their aid was being delayed.

As I've previously stated, it is very difficult to strongarm someone if they are not aware that any sort of leverage is being applied. And the fact that the Ukraine didn't do anything in response to all of this "pressure" supposedly being applied acts as corroboration that, as so many have said, it didn't take place.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  When the collusion delusion became an illusion the solution was .... obstruction!

What? You expected something that rhymes with the rest?

And since obstruction didn't float either we've seen several more "flavor of the weeks" come and go and now it looks like the obits for "quid pro quo" are being written.

Well that was enough mixed metaphors for this post

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Ah, for the good ol' days when americans were united in defense of their country, their democracy, and the rule of law over and above their political ideology.
                    You're not exactly part of the solution here, Jimmy.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

When the collusion delusion became an illusion the solution was .... obstruction!

What? You expected something that rhymes with the rest?

And since obstruction didn't float either we've seen several more "flavor of the weeks" come and go and now it looks like the obits for "quid pro quo" are being written.

Well that was enough mixed metaphors for this post
                      That you are too blind to see the collusion, the extortion, or the oh so obvious and continuing obstruction, is on you. I suggest you watch the open hearings beginning next week, perhaps a bit of truth will find its way through a chink in the otherwise biased fortification of your brain. Perhaps!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        That you are too blind to see the collusion, the extortion, or the oh so obvious and continuing obstruction, is on you. I suggest you watch the open hearings beginning next week, perhaps a bit of truth will find its way through a chink in the otherwise biased fortification of your brain. Perhaps!
                        I wouldn't count on it. They are looking for

"Mr. Zelensky, please participate with me in an illegal Quid Pro Quo.

yours in Crime

Donald Trump: POTUS"
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

yours in Crime

Or if you're not intent on burning a straw man, we're simply waiting for evidence that actually shows what the Democrats purport it shows.

For instance

Claim: "Sondland admits there was for reals quid pro quo!"

Reality: "Sondland testified that he took it on himself to presume that there was maybe a quid pro quo."

Let's close the gap -- or should I say the gaping chasm between the claim and reality, and then we might have something worth talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

yours in Crime

True, I'm not counting on it either, that's why I ended with the sarcastic, "Perhaps!"

Comment

In his testimony Taylor, admitted that an article in The New York Times was the sole source from which he inferred that Trump was motivated by a desire to find dirt on Joe Biden.

Zeldin: So do you have any other source that the President’s goal in making this request was anything other than the New York Times?

Taylor: I have not talked to the president. I have no other information from what the President was thinking.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...dirt-on-biden/

Comment

Can you imagine if this was a murder trial?

"Can you tell the court how you know the defendant was the one who fired the fatal shot?"

"Well, you see, I presumed he did based on something I read in the newspaper."

Comment