Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sondland admits quid pro quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    That is true and the fact that when Sondland actually talked to Trump on this Trump told him in very direct terms that he wanted NOTHING from Ukraine, no quid pro quo.
    Sondland, under oath, quoted Trump as saying, "I want nothing. That’s what I want from Ukraine," and "I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zelensky to do the right thing."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Are you to dumb to realize the Democrats changed it on purpose, because a FOCUS GROUP thought it would be easier to prosecute?
      It's not because it's easier to prosecute but because it apparently resonated better with their focus than the term "quid pro quo". It's purely a narrative construct and not a legal one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It's not because it's easier to prosecute but because it apparently resonated better with their focus than the term "quid pro quo". It's purely a narrative construct and not a legal one.
        Absolutely --- because this is all a media show, and it's why Schiff made himself chief prosecutor, judge and "I can't wait to get to a TV camera to tell what a tremendous prosecution I'm putting on".

Meanwhile, the TV audience is leaving in droves.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Alleged, facts not in evidence, calls for speculation, the list goes on...

Besides, Schiff has Schifted to bribery.
          It is a bribery statute that applies in this case. I have heard that discussed by lawyers. Normally, in legal proceedings, a prosecutor would state the relevant law at the beginning. That has not happened yet.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Alleged, facts not in evidence, calls for speculation, the list goes on...

Besides, Schiff has Schifted to bribery.
            The only way this didn't come from trump is if Sondland and Giulianni and every other actor enforcing the idea that the aid was tied to the investigations of the Biden's was acting 'on their own'.

And frankly, that just isn't plausible.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Sondland, under oath, quoted Trump as saying, "I want nothing. That’s what I want from Ukraine," and "I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zelensky to do the right thing."
              And yet somehow he managed to convince Sondland he cared almost nothing for Ukraine, just the investigations. So much so Sondland acted in such a way as to convince a fairly large group of people they were connected. Again, the idea this was not purposed, was 'an accident' is not credible. Trump said what he knew he had to say in an attempt to avoid what is before us today, nothing more, nothing less.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

But that is not proof or evidence - it certainly is not enough to remove a sitting President...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  But that is not proof or evidence - it certainly is not enough to remove a sitting President...
                  Beyond a shadow of a doubt, it most certainly is.

Comment

The only way this didn't come from trump is if Sondland and Giulianni and every other actor enforcing the idea that the aid was tied to the investigations of the Biden's was acting 'on their own'.

It still has to be proven, Jim. Maybe that can happen in the House, where Schiff has made himself judge, jury and PR man, but in the Senate there will be an actual judge and actual rules of evidence.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And yet somehow he managed to convince Sondland he cared almost nothing for Ukraine, just the investigations. So much so Sondland acted in such a way as to convince a fairly large group of people they were connected. Again, the idea this was not purposed, as 'an accident' is not credible.
                      An impression he appears to have arrived at only after being exposed to all the three and four-times removed gossips spreading their unsupported rumors and hearsay.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It still has to be proven, Jim. Maybe that can happen in the House, where Schiff has made himself judge, jury and PR man, but in the Senate there will be an actual judge and actual rules of evidence.
                        And where Schiff can't ban any and all exculpatory witnesses and forbid questions the answers to which would cause him at the very least embarrassment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          It is a bribery statute that applies in this case. I have heard that discussed by lawyers.
                          Oh, well that settles it! The lawyers you choose to believe have declared it so!

Comment

And yet somehow he managed to convince Sondland he cared almost nothing for Ukraine, just the investigations. So much so Sondland acted in such a way as to convince a fairly large group of people they were connected. Again, the idea this was not purposed, was 'an accident' is not credible. Trump said what he knew he had to say in an attempt to avoid what is before us today, nothing more, nothing less.
                            That was Sondland's opinion, which he formed in direct contradiction to Trump's emphatic and unambiguous statements as quoted by Sondland under oath.

Come on, man, you're going to seriously injure yourself stretching like that.

Comment

Oh, well that settles it! The lawyers you choose to believe have declared it so!
                              18 USC 201 I think.
                              If I find the podcast again I will report back.
                              Cow Poke for POTUS!
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• This too from OA333. The lawyer.
                                Thomas: Yeah, yeah, and they’re like – so that seems to make it even worse. I feel like more could be made of the fact that he does not have any right to do that at all! It’s not even a “oh, well the President has this power,” he doesn’t. Unless I’m mistaken, this is not a thing he can do regardless.

Andrew: No, you are 100% correct and we’ve actually talked about that. It is 2 U.S.C. § 683 that allows the President to request suspension of funds that have been allocated by Congress, but he’s gotta prepare a report to Congress. He’s got to undertake certain affirmative steps to comply with the law that are procedural requirements and he didn’t do any of that, so I think that’s really, really perceptive, it’s an important thing that our listeners should be out there looking for, which is as you’re looking at the roster of potential witnesses does the Intelligence Committee, do they hear from somebody from OMB? Do they subpoena witnesses from OMB? I agree with you.[

Comment