Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump loses yet another case in court.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Even the New York Times is now saying that in all likelihood Trump's lead in the Electoral College may even be stronger now than in 2016.
    But but but.... The Democrat may bet more votes!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Even the New York Times is now saying that in all likelihood Trump's lead in the Electoral College may even be stronger now than in 2016.
      And the worst part for Democrats is that Trump hasn't even started campaigning in earnest yet.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It's no laughing matter. Remember, if they can deny the President of the United States due process, then what's to stop them from doing it to you? What they're doing to Trump should send a chill down the spine of every US citizen.
        He is not being denied due process. He's made his bed and it's just catching up to him. He's broken so may laws, cut so many corners, it's bound to catch up sooner or later. The really weird thing is that people like you and rogue can be convinced there isn't probably cause. "I'm innocent (checks with his latest fixer lawyer) - no, really!"

What criminal doesn't claim they are innocent, the police are out to get them, "I've been framed I tell ya FRAMED".

It's really nutsy crazy so many people have let this con pull the wool over their eyes.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And yet ends up winning many of them when they make their way up to the Supreme Court where this is undoubtedly eventually going to wind up.
          well, he has a better chance there maybe. He's got 2 of the 9 that 'owe' him. At least, that is what he thinks. And of course, that is how he works. If he helps you out, you'd better help him out. Not sure if that really works with a SC justice, but that is how He'd like it to be. You can bet there will be a twitter tirade if one or both of the SC justices he thinks he owns sides against him.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            well, he has a better chance there maybe. He's got 2 of the 9 that 'owe' him. At least, that is what he thinks. And of course, that is how he works. If he helps you out, you'd better help him out. Not sure if that really works with a SC justice, but that is how He'd like it to be. You can bet there will be a twitter tirade if one or both of the SC justices he thinks he owns sides against him.
            Wow. Once you start down the conspiracy theory highway they all start to look reasonable.

You're entering the territory of thinking that if things don't go your way or the way you figure the it obviously means that the fix is in because that's the only reasonable answer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wow. Once you start down the conspiracy theory highway they all start to look reasonable.

You're entering the territory of thinking that if things don't go your way or the way you figure the it obviously means that the fix is in because that's the only reasonable answer.
              Don't read into what I'm saying what is not there. You have a real problem with that. I didn't say he owned the SC justices. I said he (Donald Trump) likely thinks they owe him a favor or two. And he likely does.

As for whether they would feel any actual obligation to him over the US Constitution seems unlikely, but remains to be seen.

Jim

Comment

Don't read into what I'm saying what is not there. You have a real problem with that.
                iron e.jpeg
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]40688[/ATTACH]
                  I asked you not to reply to me. Are you really going to push it? I'm not allowed to put you on ignore - do you not have the decency to honor my request?

Comment

I asked you not to reply to me. Are you really going to push it? I'm not allowed to put you on ignore - do you not have the decency to honor my request?
                    Jim, it's a public forum, and I'm free to post anywhere I want. You don't have to respond, but I am not going to have you dictate where and when I can post.

And don't play this sanctimonious "do you not have the decency" crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Jim, it's a public forum, and I'm free to post anywhere I want. You don't have to respond, but I am not going to have you dictate where and when I can post.

And don't play this sanctimonious "do you not have the decency" crap.
                      I'm not dictating anything to you. I'm asking you to honor my request NOT to reply to ME. If you are too much of a jerk to respect that - then there is little I can do about it now is there. So who are you CP - a 'pastor' that enjoys proving he can take a dump on other people any time he wants to? That's a real legacy. But hey - go for it.

Comment

I'm not dictating anything to you. I'm asking you to honor my request NOT to reply to ME. If you are too much of a jerk to respect that - then there is little I can do about it now is there. So who are you CP - a 'pastor' that enjoys proving he can take a dump on other people any time he wants to? That's a real legacy. But hey - go for it.
                        Moderator Notice

Jim, you are perfectly free to not respond to anything said to you by anybody. In essence, ignore CP even if you can't put him on actual ignore.

You make your own case worse by continuing to respond to someone you don't want to reply to you. So, the onus is on you to use a little self control and scroll past any posts you don't want to read.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                        Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Sure, Jim. I disagree with you, so I'm all that.

Fact is, when you said "Don't read into what I'm saying what is not there. You have a real problem with that" - that's what you've been doing to me.

I saw it as rather ironic, so I responded as such. Seems you can dish it out aplenty, but, sheeeeeesh....

Comment

He's broken so many laws...
                            This is where you leave reality and enter the land of your delusions, because there is no evidence to support this claim. The fact that Trump has faced the most intense scrutiny of any politician, at least in my lifetime, and yet nothing substantial has been discovered is pretty extraordinary. It's going to be hard for his 2020 challenger to dig up any dirt because there's nowhere left to dig!
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                              Isn't it funny that Trump promised he'd release his tax returns when he was running for President... and then didn't... and then still didn't despite considerable public pressure... and then, according to a recent IRS whistle-blower, got his appointees to the IRS to quash the standard IRS audit of a President's taxes... and then sued to stop them being released.

Its kinda enough to make you think there's something bad in there, and that Trump knows it.
                              Honestly, considering Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he's fighting tooth and nail isn't because there's anything illegal in it, but because it would show he doesn't make as much money as he claims he does.

Well, all three of the justices appointed by Nixon ruled against him in Nixon v. United States.

My question is whether the Supreme Court will even take up the case. For a case to go to the SCOTUS, you normally need 4 justices to agree to take it up, and if you don't get that, then they just pass and the lower court ruling stays in effect.
                              Last edited by Terraceth; 11-04-2019, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                This is where you leave reality and enter the land of your delusions, because there is no evidence to support this claim....
                                If the Democrats really believed that Trump has "broken so many laws", they wouldn't be focusing all their attention on a supposed quid-pro-quo where there may not even be a quo.

Comment