Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

In China, every day is Kristallnacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    I don't know, some of this may have to do with the 2014 Kunming attack by Uyghurs (supposedly).
    This has been ongoing for decades and decades, but kept low grade for most of the period due to pressure from the U.S. and bad publicity from their earlier campaign in Tibet.

After 9/11, China was given a green light, and this is where they've come to since.

It's absurdly difficult to get a reporter into the region. China won't allow it at all, except for Potemkin visits, but it's just barely possible to come in from Kazakhstan to the north or from Kashmir to the south. Even then, a westerner would stand out, so it's necessary to recruit locals, putting them at significant risk, and we still can't get their reports until they've made it back out of the country.

That's where much of Sintash's on-the-ground reports have come from, which is why he knew where to look in the satellite pics from google earth.

And similarly for reports from organizations like Human Rights Watch.

Comment

This is happening to Christians also, to a lesser degree...

In China, they’re closing churches, jailing pastors – and even rewriting scripture

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nslation-bible
      Not to mention the outright slaughter of Christians that is happening all across the Middle East.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That is why I'm a protectionist...
        So you're not a pure capitalist. Pure capitalism just wants $$$, in the light of the billions is it surprising that trade with China continues?

I don't know, some of this may have to do with the 2014 Kunming attack by Uyghurs (supposedly).
        If you think about it, is it really surprising that China is dealing with the threat of extremic Islam in this way?
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I'm being purposely evasive because Southern Baptists officially do not have 'missionaries' in China, due to China being a "closed country".

What we do have is a large number of 'college professors' teaching English or professionals working in other positions who are in contact with local Christian pastors. They coordinate "house churches", and a very disturbing number of followers simply disappear.
          China famously wants to screen foreign influence, and trying to go around their backs like this gets an unsurprising reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Xinjiang is around 20 million; it's a semi-autonomous region tucked up against the 'stans.
            Especially with populations closely aligned with the 'stans, where vastly worse outrages have been committed against world cultural heritage sites.
            Xinjiang is probably crawling with jihadis, or would be if not for the crackdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It's somewhat ironic that China is doing to Islam what Islam does to the rest of the world.
              Atheist regimes make even the most repressive religious totalitarians look like pikers. Islam is mostly willing to let others be as long as they're good little dhimmis and don't become too successful.

Re: the OP, Kristallnacht is a pretty terrible comparison. What the Chinese are doing is abhorrent, but there are many more points of difference than similarity. If this were from Breitbart, it would be labeled fake news.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                If you think about it, is it really surprising that China is dealing with the threat of extremic Islam in this way?
                It is not just Islam Demi - it is anything where the state feels threatened or a loss of control.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Don't know just how credible this is, but...

Source: China is reportedly sending men to sleep in the same beds as Uighur Muslim women while their husbands are in prison camps

• China's Communist Party is waging a hardline campaign against the Uighur ethnic minority, which has seen more than 1 million people detained in prison camps.
                  • Authorities have since 2017 also been sending men to live with Uighur women, many of whose husbands had been sent to prison camps.
                  • Those men often sleep in the same bed as the women, a new Radio Free Asia report says, citing two unnamed Chinese officials.
                  • It is almost impossible to hear from Uighurs in Xinjiang because speaking to journalists or anyone outside the region can get them imprisoned too.
                  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Chinese men assigned to monitor the homes of Uighur women whose husbands are sent to prison camps frequently sleep in the same bed as them, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported last week.

It appears to be another facet of the Communist Party's hardline campaign against the mostly-Muslim Uighur people in their home region of Xinjiang, western China, for the past two years.

Beijing sees all Uighur people as terrorists, and has used Islamophobia to justify its actions in the past.

Authorities have detained at least 1 million Uighurs in prison-like camps, euphemistically called "re-education centers." Activists have likened the campaign to ethnic cleansing.

Ng Han Guan/AP

Since 2017, China has run a "Pair Up and Become Family" program in the region, in which Communist Party officials who are Han Chinese — the ethnic group that makes up most of China's population — stay in Uighur homes.

The program is to "promote ethnic unity," according officials, but also lets the government keep a close eye on them.

Those officials, who are mostly men, typically stay for up to six days a week at each Uighur household, many of which have male family members in detention, RFA cited an anonymous Communist Party official in Kashgar city as saying.

Murad Sezer/Reuters

The Han Chinese officials — who are called "relatives" even though they are not family — visit Kashgar every two months and work and eat with Uighur families, as well as discuss Communist Party political ideology, the official told RFA.

"They help [the families] with their ideology, bringing new ideas," he told RFA. "They talk to them about life, during which time they develop feelings for one another."

"Normally one or two people sleep in one bed, and if the weather is cold, three people sleep together," he said.

"It is now considered normal for females to sleep on the same platform with their paired male 'relatives.'"

Xinjiang state radio via Human Rights Watch

RFA cited a local neighborhood official in Yengisar County, where Kashgar is located, as confirming the sleeping arrangements. The official insisted that "relatives" and their female hosts always keep a distance of three feet between them at night.

Both officials cited in RFA's article claimed that male Communist Party officials had never tried to take advantage of the women. The official in Kashgar also claimed to RFA that the Uighur families are "very keen" to welcome the Han Chinese men into their homes.

It is almost impossible to hear from Uighurs in Xinjiang, as any communication with journalists or people outside the region can land them in detention. Uighurs living abroad previously told Business Insider that their relatives in the region had blocked them online to avoid being punished for communicating with outsiders.

China's embassies in London and Washington, DC, have not responded to Business Insider's request for comment on RFA's article.

Sayragul Sauytbay, an ethnic Kazakh Uighur woman who fled a Xinjiang detention camp, told Haaretz last month that she witnessed a gang rape and medical experiments on other prisoners. She was also subject to beatings and food deprivation because another prisoner hugged her, she said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Story continues at link above which has numerous hyperlinks*]
                  Last edited by rogue06; 11-04-2019, 06:21 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I sometimes get despondent when I hear about evil things going on in the world, or when I see people feeling down and I dont know how to help.

The Chinese government is an oppressive authoritarian totalitarian regime that oppresses it's own citizens and refuses to acknowledge the rights invested in human beings by nature of their humanity endowed by their creator.

I dont know much more that I can say. I pray that the people of China may have freedom.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                      I sometimes get despondent when I hear about evil things going on in the world, or when I see people feeling down and I dont know how to help.

The Chinese government is an oppressive authoritarian totalitarian regime that oppresses it's own citizens and refuses to acknowledge the rights invested in human beings by nature of their humanity endowed by their creator.

I dont know much more that I can say. I pray that the people of China may have freedom.
                      The post above should not be here. I intended it to be in another thread.

Still, I hope that people can try to see the best in each other. I dont like all this bickering.
                      sigpic

Comment

I had a post about this that I accidentally put in the wrong thread.

I pray that the people of China may be free. There are a lot of people living in China. It is an old place with thousands of years of history. Despite being across the sea they are our neighbors.
                        sigpic

Comment

Moderated By: rogue06

I moved TW's posts from another thread that he had intended to post here.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have an old friend who is a native Chinese living in the US. He was a mainstream neocon in high school but has reinvented himself as a Chinese nationalist in recent years. He is insistent that there is no proof that the mass detention of Uyghurs is going on. The satellite evidence seems pretty damning against his arguments.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              I have an old friend who is a native Chinese living in the US. He was a mainstream neocon in high school but has reinvented himself as a Chinese nationalist in recent years. He is insistent that there is no proof that the mass detention of Uyghurs is going on. The satellite evidence seems pretty damning against his arguments.
                              I knew a pair of nurses from China that worked in my old doctor's office who vehemently insisted that the Tiananmen Square massacre is a hoax.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I knew a pair of nurses from China that worked in my old doctor's office who vehemently insisted that the Tiananmen Square massacre is a hoax.
                                Were they possibly concerned about the other spying on them and saying something that might affect their family at home?
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment