Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Walsh on Fox/Conservative talk shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Right, that seems to be where ox is going with this, suggesting that those Christians who don't agree with his political opinions are spiritually deficient.
    I don't think he's "going" there. I think he has already arrived and has even poured the foundation for his new residence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Sorry, Jim. It shows I edited your post. I hit the edit button instead of the quote button.

Am I incorrect in my recollection that Trump's wife was publicly mocked for her shoes when visited a hurricane ravaged area?

Was that ok?
      No. It makes me angry anytime anyone uses a public platform to mock someone's appearance. Period. It is always wrong.

Trump specifically doesn't just sometimes walk into that cesspool, he has a history of degrading comments about women's appearances. If you want to defend that - feel free, but I'm not going to waste time arguing the obvious. Doing that kind of thing is mean, puerile, degrading, and evil.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        No. It makes me angry anytime anyone uses a public platform to mock someone's appearance. Period. It is always wrong.

Trump specifically doesn't just sometimes walk into that cesspool, he has a history of degrading comments about women's appearances. If you want to defend that - feel free, but I'm not going to waste time arguing the obvious. Doing that kind of thing is mean, puerile, degrading, and evil.

I'm certainly not defending his behaviour, simply pointing out that his wife has also been on the receiving end of ridicule, so more people than Trump are at fault here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          I'm certainly not defending his behaviour, simply pointing out that his wife has also been on the receiving end of ridicule, so more people than Trump are at fault here.
          true, Trump doesn't own the market on mean/evil etc. He just has a very large share of it. His ridicule, however, is more or less near the bottom, whereas - oops - are those shoes appropirate is not. Dogface, fatty, who would want to look at that in the morning is in a whole other category from asking if stilettos are appropriate footwear when visiting a disaster area. Seriously - that is not a criticism of her appearance to start with, just optics in terms of showing empathy.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

true, Trump doesn't own the market on mean/evil etc. He just has a very large share of it. His ridicule, however, is more or less near the bottom, whereas - oops - are those shoes appropirate is not. Dogface, fatty, who would want to look at that in the morning is in a whole other category from asking if stilettos are appropriate footwear when visiting a disaster area. Seriously - that is not a criticism of her appearance to start with, just optics in terms of showing empathy.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Not everyone reads an entire thread before responding to a post, Jim. As it happens, I didn't.

I see you're doubling down on the serious condemnation bit, even after seeing my clarification. You may have the last word.
              The last word OBP is accept responsibility when you make a mistake and dont try to make it the other fellow's fault.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-06-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Right, that seems to be where ox is going with this, suggesting that those Christians who don't agree with his political opinions are spiritually deficient.
                No MM, but your libel of my actual statements on your part is sinful.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I don't think he's "going" there. I think he has already arrived and has even poured the foundation for his new residence.
                  Wrong. You both are conflating clear moral issues of right and wrong with political opinion. If I say Donald Trump was wrong to directly attack Fiorina's appearance this is not a political opinion, it is a simple moral issue, and it would not matter what party or political position was held, it would always be wrong.

Now you guys are dropping down to the very low bar of generalizations that do not apply as ad hominem attacks against the person. IF you are going to go after me as a person, then at the very least make specific accusations based on specific posts, not general smear tactics without any factual basis.

My post to mm refers specifically to his continued denials of the facts in the ukraine case. And as more and more facts come forward, to continue to pretend there is 'nothing there' is in fact a delusion, denial. On a level that simply is not healthy.

Comment

When you eschew obvious moral distinctions, you make my case for me.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-06-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      This is my thread. It is not about me. Feel free to talk about topics, but no one in this thread is allowed to make the conversation about me. And recognizing I drifted a bit into attacks on mm, I'll give myself a little rap on the knuckles as well and make it general. This thread is not about nor will I accept personal attacks on the participants - period.

Comment

No MM, but your libel of my actual statements on your part is sinful.
                        Another royal decree.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

My post to mm refers specifically to his continued denials of the facts in the ukraine case.
                          I have denied nothing. Your problem is that you simply cannot accept the fact that the evidence doesn't tell the story you want. We have witness after witness confirming what we already know from the call transcript, that there was no quid pro quo, and that the Ukraine government wasn't even aware that military aid had been suspended, making it literally impossible for the President to use it as leverage. You took Sondland's unfounded presumptions as the gospel truth despite the fact that presumptions are not evidence, and despite the fact that in his own contemporaneous text message to Bill Taylor, he said that "the President was crystal clear, no quid pro quo's of any kind." President Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials have said there is no quid pro quo. And on and on.

If you weren't so vested in your hatred for Trump (and, yes, I really do believe it is hatred at this point, justified in your own mind by the delusion that Trump is evil incarnate) then you might be able to accept the evidence for what it is, but until you're willing to let go of the sin that is blinding you, you will continue to stumble around in the dark.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The last word OBP is accept responsibility when you make a mistake and dont try to make it the other fellow's fault.
                            Indeed.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment