Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Walsh on Fox/Conservative talk shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    You know, before my kids go to bed at night, they ask me to check and make sure Donald Trump isn’t hiding under their bed and will ‘get them’ once the lights go out. Trump is so darn evil, he replaced the boogyman, slender man, Hitler and the grim reaper. He clearly must be stopped!
    Trump is an evil person pix. He has committed adultery numerous times and is not the slightest bit remorseful. He just pays to shut them up. He publicly mocks the appearance of the wives of his political opponents. He rallies his goons ... err 'supporters' at rallies against the press, or against whoever has gotten on his nerves the week of whatever rally he is holding. He is on a warpath with the poor and destitute on our borders - he is not merely content to tighten our borders, he has created a situation where people are being held without adequate medical care, where parents are separated from children, sometimes permanently. And He has been engaging in shadow diplomacy with Ukraine for personal gain, improperly holding aid allocated by congress and endangering their security and ours in a strong arm attempt. And he is about to be impeached for it.

You mockery of my being offended by those things is wrong Pix. And you should stop for the sake of your own conscience and spiritual well being.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Trump is an evil person pix. He has committed adultery numerous times and is not the slightest bit remorseful. He just pays to shut them up. He publicly mocks the appearance of the wives of his political opponents. He rallies his goons ... err 'supporters' at rallies against the press, or against whoever has gotten on his nerves the week of whatever rally he is holding. He is on a warpath with the poor and destitute on our borders - he is not merely content to tighten our borders, he has created a situation where people are being held without adequate medical care, where parents are separated from children, sometimes permanently. And He has been engaging in shadow diplomacy with Ukraine for personal gain, improperly holding aid allocated by congress and endangering their security and ours in a strong arm attempt. And he is about to be impeached for it.

You mockery of my being offended by those things is wrong Pix. And you should stop for the sake of your own conscience and spiritual well being.
      Nothing you have presented is on par with Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc.

“He committed adultery!”
      David committed adultery, attempted to cover up his crime, had her husband killed when his plan didn’t work, took her as another wife, and only confessed when a prophet was able to trick him into confessing. Is David evil too Jim?

“He mocks people!”
      That makes him a jerk, not evil.

“He is on a warpath with the poor!”
      That’s your opinion Jim. Many Americans want a secured border and both congress and previous presidents paid lip service, but did nothing to bring this about. Republicans want cheap labor and democrats want new voters. So half of Americans are evil because they want a president that does just that? There is well over a million people coming across, every year. Has congress released any money to pay for all of this? A million, per year, is a lot of people and it takes lots of money and time to process this many people. You do get that, don’t you?

“He engaged in shadow diplomacy!”
      That’s yet another opinion Jim and based on your history, one that I take with a grain of salt.

I’m making a mockery of you because you deserve it. Trump isn’t Hitler and your insanity only helps Trump win in 2020 because you’re busy on over the top hysterics. Nobody listens to the crazy guy, screaming at the street corner, wearing a tin foil hat. My spiritual well being is just fine, I’m not the one showing how much I hate a person, like you obviously do.
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 11-05-2019, 08:21 AM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

“He committed adultery!”
        David committed adultery, attempted to cover up his crime, had her husband killed when his plan didn’t work, took her as another wife, and only confessed when a prophet was able to trick him into confessing. Is David evil too Jim?
        For that matter, the Apostle Paul prior to his conversion actively hunted down and murdered Christians.

I think ox is conflicted. He despises Trump because of politics but is also aware of Jesus' command to love one another, so ox's response is to convince himself that Trump is irredeemably evil so that in his mind his hatred of Trump becomes justified. To list off a person's sins and then declare that person evil and deserving of condemnation because of it is to condemn ourselves. As the master told wicked servant, "By your own words will you be condemned!"
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          For that matter, the Apostle Paul prior to his conversion actively hunted down and murdered Christians.

I think ox is conflicted. He despises Trump because of politics but is also aware of Jesus' command to love one another, so ox's response is to convince himself that Trump is irredeemably evil so that in his mind his hatred of Trump becomes justified. To list off a person's sins and then declare that person evil and deserving of condemnation because of it is to condemn ourselves. As the master told wicked servant, "By your own words will you be condemned!"
          That would make sense. At best, it could be argued that Trump is a jerk and has made morally questionable choices, but I don’t see anything on the level of Stalin, Hitler, Mao, the Kim dynasty, Saddam, etc. Yet, Jim acts as though Trump is actively or wanting to turn the US into a dictatorship. It’s quite a disconnect from reality, really. At best, Trump fits on the annoying jock in the scale of evil. Annoying? Sure. A jerk? Sure, but not someone that would put a real knife into your back the second he could. Just more of an annoyance.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Nothing you have presented is on par with Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc.
            I didn't say it was. You really have just about lost your mind, haven't you ...

“He committed adultery!”
            Yes he did. And he lost his son to that event as well, and The husband died. And it is flat out heresy to think that you can excuse a non-repentent person because God forgave David. God can and will forgive Trump - IF HE REPENTS. But he is still obliagted for his sins. And his evil is not excused, especially in terms of its effect on others, until and unless he repents.

“He mocks people!”
            That makes him a jerk, not evil.
            No Pix, it makes him evil. It may be a sort of evil you are willing to tolerate (till it's you being mocked in front of the entire country would be my guess)

“He is on a warpath with the poor!”
            That’s your opinion Jim. Many Americans want a secured border and both congress and previous presidents paid lip service, but did nothing to bring this about. Republicans want cheap labor and democrats want new voters. So half of Americans are evil because they want a president that does just that? There is well over a million people coming across, every year. Has congress released any money to pay for all of this? A million, per year, is a lot of people and it takes lots of money and time to process this many people. You do get that, don’t you?
            And in all that there is an implicit responsibility to take care of them, and especially not to abuse them.

“He engaged in shadow diplomacy!”
            That’s yet another opinion Jim and based on your history, one that I take with a grain of salt.
            No, its a reality, and he's going to be impeached for it.

I’m making a mockery of you because you deserve it. Trump isn’t Hitler and your insanity only helps Trump win in 2020 because you’re busy on over the top hysterics. Nobody listens to the crazy guy, screaming at the street corner, wearing a tin foil hat. My spiritual well being is just fine, I’m not the one showing how much I hate a person, like you obviously do.

You are mocking me because that is who you are and who you have become.

And you've made up the idea I think Trump is Hitler out of whole cloth. That is just plain a lie that has appeared in your own head. And the only 'hysterics' here are your own.

Jim
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-05-2019, 12:48 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And it was wrong, and many died, and Paul regretted and hated that he had done that. Trump is not Paul, and Trump is still acting out his evil. And even if a person repents and changes, they are still responsible to the people they have hurt unless those people release him from his obligation.

That simply isn't true, and you know it. Wow.

Comment

He is on a warpath with the poor and destitute on our borders - he is not merely content to tighten our borders, he has created a situation where people are being held without adequate medical care, where parents are separated from children, sometimes permanently.
                Oxmix it was not Trump who created the situation at the border it was those that said come on break in don't bother knocking on the door we will let you stay even if you are criminals. stop blaming Trump for those that refuse to protect our border and tell the people it is ok to BREAK THE LAW. and I can't believe you just condoned child trafficking, the children that are taken away permanently from the adults that bring them in are not being taken from their parents but from child traffickers.

The policies you are decrying here were STARTED IN OBAMA'S ADMINSTRATION not Trumps. ICE under Trump has been giving medical attentions as much as they can with the money Congress will allow since Congress holds the purse strings. last I checked hte house has a Democrat Majority and the Senate is not free from Democrat filibusters. so if you are going to point fingers point it in the right direction. stop falsely accusing someone of what others have done.

Comment

That simply isn't true, and you know it.
                  I have no reason to believe I'm wrong.

Comment

I didn't say it was. You really have just about lost your mind, haven't you ...
                    Says the pot. Sorry, but the stuff you listed isn’t ‘evil’ at all, but either not very nice things to say or events with your personal biasness and spin attached. IE not evil.

Yes he did. And he lost his son to that event as well, and The husband died. And it is flat out heresy to think that you can excuse a non-repentent person because God forgave David. God can and will forgive Trump - IF HE REPENTS. But he is still obliagted for his sins. And his evil is not excused, especially in terms of its effect on others, until and unless he repents.
                    How do you know he is non repentant? Do you know him personally or is this opinion driven by your own hatred? I watched a biography of him and a few interviews, before his announcement and I don’t recall him being unrepentant of his adulterous affairs. I hate to break it to you, but there’s no such thing as perfect. Martin Luther King Jr had numerous affairs while married or the women were married too. Is he evil too? Evil lives in the hearts of all of us. I don’t know how or if Trump has sought after repentance from God, but what does it say about you that you automatically assume that he hasn’t?

No Pix, it makes him evil. It may be a sort of evil you are willing to tolerate (till it's you being mocked in front of the entire country would be my guess)
                    Therefore, SNL and all late night shows that mock anyone are evil. I do hope you never watched any of those shows and ever laughed any anything they said or did or else you’re evil too.

And in all that there is an implicit responsibility to take care of them, and especially not to abuse them.
                    And how does that happen, when congress hasn’t released the money to do that? Congress seems more interested in showmanship than in doing things like, deal with the crisis happening down south.

No, its a reality, and he's going to be impeached for it.
                    And likely acquitted, in the Senate, for this mockery of Justice.

You are mocking me because that is who you are and who you have become.
                    I’m mocking you because you say crazy things that show you’ve lost your mind. Nobody listens to the crazy guy, running around screaming crazy things. That’s you Jim, you’re the crazy guy. The JM of civics.

And you've made up the idea I think Trump is Hitler out of whole cloth. That is just plain a lie that has appeared in your own head. And the only 'hysterics' here are your own.
                    So you’ve made up an insane criteria and declared that Trump is evil, too bad you and everyone you likely know, would be evil by the criteria you made. What do you think Trump is Jim? If he is downright evil, so are you.
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 11-05-2019, 02:23 PM.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Therefore, SNL and all late night shows that mock anyone are evil. I do hope you never watched any of those shows and ever laughed any anything they said or did or else you’re evil too.
                      Pfft. He just called the prophet Elijah evil (1 Kings 18:27).
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'm trying to figure out this notion of "shadow diplomacy" or "back channel diplomacy". Isn't that just another name for good old fashioned diplomacy?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                          Oxmix it was not Trump who created the situation at the border it was those that said come on break in don't bother knocking on the door we will let you stay even if you are criminals. stop blaming Trump for those that refuse to protect our border and tell the people it is ok to BREAK THE LAW. and I can't believe you just condoned child trafficking, the children that are taken away permanently from the adults that bring them in are not being taken from their parents but from child traffickers.

The policies you are decrying here were STARTED IN OBAMA'S ADMINSTRATION not Trumps. ICE under Trump has been giving medical attentions as much as they can with the money Congress will allow since Congress holds the purse strings. last I checked hte house has a Democrat Majority and the Senate is not free from Democrat filibusters. so if you are going to point fingers point it in the right direction. stop falsely accusing someone of what others have done.
                          Sometimes the inability to reunite can be explained by trafficking. But others, more than there should be, is the lack of a plan that results in the connections between people simply being lost.

And no, I am not condoning trafficking. And you know I am not.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-05-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out this notion of "shadow diplomacy" or "back channel diplomacy". Isn't that just another name for good old fashioned diplomacy?
                            Always going for the "it's not that bad" after the "It didn't happen" falls through ... But yeah its that bad. Testimony released today from Sondland makes that quite clear.

Comment

Says the pot. Sorry, but the stuff you listed isn’t ‘evil’ at all, but either not very nice things to say or events with your personal biasness and spin attached. IE not evil.

How do you know he is non repentant? Do you know him personally or is this opinion driven by your own hatred? I watched a biography of him and a few interviews, before his announcement and I don’t recall him being unrepentant of his adulterous affairs. I hate to break it to you, but there’s no such thing as perfect. Martin Luther King Jr had numerous affairs while married or the women were married too. Is he evil too? Evil lives in the hearts of all of us. I don’t know how or if Trump has sought after repentance from God, but what does it say about you that you automatically assume that he hasn’t?

And how does that happen, when congress hasn’t released the money to do that? Congress seems more interested in showmanship than in doing things like, deal with the crisis happening down south.

And likely acquitted, in the Senate, for this mockery of Justice.

I’m mocking you because you say crazy things that show you’ve lost your mind. Nobody listens to the crazy guy, running around screaming crazy things. That’s you Jim, you’re the crazy guy. The JM of civics.

So you’ve made up an insane criteria and declared that Trump is evil, too bad you and everyone you likely know, would be evil by the criteria you made. What do you think Trump is Jim? If he is downright evil, so are you.
                              God bless you pix.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Pfft. He just called the prophet Elijah evil (1 Kings 18:27).
                                your ability to twist the scriptures to your own ends is growing. So mockery of the wicked is not the same as the mockery of the innocent. Not sure the specific mockery you wish to apply that scripture to, but my comments about Trump's mockery applies to the public humiliation of the wife of a political opponent, and no, that is not the same as Elijah mocking false prophets, and yes, what Trump did was evil.

Comment