Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I dare say nothing further, because it will only be yet another attack that you can use as an excuse for your bitterness.
    Oh - there are a million good and uplifting things you could say CP. Not only that, there are a million ways to express opinions without criticizing the other person, or distorting their words.

Surely as a pastor you know how to speak kindly, or to express ideas without verbally spitting on or abusing the person you are talking to. Put those well-honed skills to use brother. I bet you'd be amazed at the result.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Oh - there are a million good and uplifting things you could say CP. Not only that, there are a million ways to express opinions without criticizing the other person, or distorting their words.

Surely as a pastor you know how to speak kindly, or to express ideas without verbally spitting on or abusing the person you are talking to. Put those well-honed skills to use brother. I bet you'd be amazed at the result.
      Jim, on a number of occasions, I was minding my own business, speaking politely to you, then you have to do one of these "lump everybody together" and throw me in with the others with whom you are extremely bitter, and even accuse me of dishonesty.

I'll make even a greater effort to treat you with respect, but, for cryin' out loud, don't start something you can't finish, OK? If you want a friend, you have to BE a friend.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It could be seen as an attack. But it would be more properly seen as the bitterness I have developed against the lot of you over your constant attacks on me and persistent refusal to engage the topics in liu of attacks on just about every aspect of who I am. Seems most of you think that shouldn't bother me, or get under my skin on occasion (though It takes only one or two retorts in kind to instigate page long rants from two, three or more).

But it does get under my skin sometimes, and others I just want to see what happens if I respond in kind. And so sometimes I respond to one or two of you in the same manner as I receive from you in just about every single reply.

So I do the best I can to be civil, but if the only acceptable standard is that I be perfect and never ever become irritated and respond harshly, no matter how many derogatory posts in a row are sent my way, then you will find a nit to pic often enough the maintain the charade.
        Then why hang out in civics? Personally I have been trying to avoid interacting with you as much as possible because I still consider you a friend and it seems if I disagree with you on anything political you take it as a personal attack. It isn't. I just wanted to point out how you say people here are attacking you but you seem to be blind as to you doing the same thing, basically keeping the cycle going. Sure attacks on you happen from others too. Especially lil pix and MM. But I haven't seen CP attack you personally or be dishonest. He says what he believes.

I am trying to stay out of politics as much as I can right now, so I am mostly just reading some of the threads in civics but not posting as much. When I was in the hospital for a month I didn't watch any news or read tweb and you know what? I found out I didn't miss anything. Nothing has changed. The news is exactly the same as it was. Twebbers are arguing the very same points and nobody is giving an inch. It is all futile and stressful. We really need to get the other areas of tweb going again. I really enjoyed your posts in Natsci.

Merry Christmas.
        Last edited by Sparko; 12-04-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Then why hang out in civics? Personally I have been trying to avoid interacting with you as much as possible because I still consider you a friend and it seems if I disagree with you on anything political you take it as a personal attack. It isn't. I just wanted to point out how you say people here are attacking you but you seem to be blind as to you doing the same thing, basically keeping the cycle going. Sure attacks on you happen from others too. Especially lil pix and MM. But I haven't seen CP attack you personally or be dishonest. He says what he believes.

I am trying to stay out of politics as much as I can right now, so I am mostly just reading some of the threads in civics but not posting as much. When I was in the hospital for a month I didn't watch any news or read tweb and you know what? I found out I didn't miss anything. Nothing has changed. The news is exactly the same as it was. Twebbers are arguing the very same points and nobody is giving an inch. It is all futile and stressful. We really need to get the other areas of tweb going again. I really enjoyed your posts in Natsci.

Merry Christmas.
          Sparko - honestly, the only difficulty anyone has with me is after they go nutso bonkers attacking me personally. Most people here go nutso bonkers when I say things they don't like about Trump and they turn their anger on me rather than just discussing the issues. And it boggles my mind that you and others actually take the tack that somehow that is my fault. But it is consistent. I keep asking people to take a step back and ask themselves the question. But I'm going to ask you. Would you please just look at the last 6 pages and the responses that have come my way. Heck, just look at mossross's off the rails response to me in my post in her thread. I didn't attack her. I didn't attack any person in the thread. I simply said I thought the article she posted was a trash piece against Thunberg, and for that she asked me to leave her thread.

This is NOT rational. There is a general intolerance here of any words that I write, and IF I happen to say something negative about a person after being railed three or four posts in a row, THAT comment is taken as justification that the problem is in me.

So if you actually consider yourself a friend of mine, I am asking you. Will you please look at how the conservative people in this forum are responding to my posts and ask yourself if their responses have even a 10% correlation in terms of the amount if personal attacks sent my way with what I actually said in the post itself. And look at it over all, not just a single post after I've been pushed around enough that I respond in kind.

Every single time I post on a new topic, I try to ensure there are NO personal attacks of any kind. Like I said, I did not even get one post in mossy's thread before she lost it. And for nothing, she just didn't like my opinion. Read it, look it over. not one word against any person on this site.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Jim, on a number of occasions, I was minding my own business, speaking politely to you, then you have to do one of these "lump everybody together" and throw me in with the others with whom you are extremely bitter, and even accuse me of dishonesty.

I'll make even a greater effort to treat you with respect, but, for cryin' out loud, don't start something you can't finish, OK? If you want a friend, you have to BE a friend.
            CP- it goes back and forth with you. Sometimes you are decent. Other times you are attacking me. Other times you distort my words without an ounce of remorse pretending I've said something I never said. So when you are being decent, I try to be decent back - like in this post and your previous post. But when you attack me, sometimes I respond in kind. Lately I've been on you a bit over the claim you do not support trump, yet I've pointed out your posts are consistently either supporting those that are pro-trump, or demeaning those that are not. And that has led to some unkind words, but from BOTH of us CP. Not just me. Not just you. I can admit my part in any of these interactions, I can apologize for when I went to far, but the one thing that is consistent is that very few times does anyone else here own their part of the problem. I receive many accusations that I claim its the others here that are wrong, but I've admitted my own faults dozens of times and redoubled my efforts to be respectful over and over and over again. Yet the number of times I can remember anyone else actually owning they are part of the problem is pretty close to 0, with you being perhaps the only one.

And that says a lot more than any words about what is actually happening here.

Comment

CP- it goes back and forth with you. Sometimes you are decent. Other times you are attacking me. Other times you distort my words without an ounce of remorse pretending I've said something I never said.
              Let's start with this --- give me your best example of me distorting your words, because I don't believe I have done that, OR been dishonest with you in any way. That really hurt.

So when you are being decent, I try to be decent back - like in this post and your previous post. But when you attack me, sometimes I respond in kind. Lately I've been on you a bit over the claim you do not support trump, yet I've pointed out your posts are consistently either supporting those that are pro-trump, or demeaning those that are not.
              Jim - I don't hate Trump. That's all there is to it. He is his own worst enemy, and I'll be glad when he's gone. What you see as "defending Trump" is me attacking this pitiful sham of an impeachment that had Schiff lying right out of the box, then acting like a little Hitler "managing" the hearings, refusing to acknowledge points of order, cutting people off, setting himself up as judge, jury, prosecutor-in-chief, and witness corrector instructor. The guy is a dishonest partisan hack.

And that has led to some unkind words, but from BOTH of us CP. Not just me. Not just you. I can admit my part in any of these interactions, I can apologize for when I went to far, but the one thing that is consistent is that very few times does anyone else here own their part of the problem. I receive many accusations that I claim its the others here that are wrong, but I've admitted my own faults dozens of times and redoubled my efforts to be respectful over and over and over again. Yet the number of times I can remember anyone else actually owning they are part of the problem is pretty close to 0, with you being perhaps the only one.

And that says a lot more than any words about what is actually happening here.
              So, start with your best example of me distorting your words, and let's go from there.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Let's start with this --- give me your best example of me distorting your words, because I don't believe I have done that, OR been dishonest with you in any way. That really hurt.

Jim - I don't hate Trump. That's all there is to it. He is his own worst enemy, and I'll be glad when he's gone. What you see as "defending Trump" is me attacking this pitiful sham of an impeachment that had Schiff lying right out of the box, then acting like a little Hitler "managing" the hearings, refusing to acknowledge points of order, cutting people off, setting himself up as judge, jury, prosecutor-in-chief, and witness corrector instructor. The guy is a dishonest partisan hack.

So, start with your best example of me distorting your words, and let's go from there.
                I will give the Democrats credit, they are working hard to make Trump a 2 term president.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  I will give the Democrats credit, they are working hard to make Trump a 2 term president.
                  They're driving his fundraising through the roof!

Comment

And the Republican party riding his coat tails is reporting record donations, saying that it's unlike anything they've ever seen.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Isn't this 'requirement' just you demanding I prove to you that you have some part in this? Doesn't that basically just make my point?

Comment

It’s quite funny, in an ironic way. The democrats could have made Trump a one term president, but the are doing their best to turn him into a two term president and hand the house over, at the same time.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          And the Republican party riding his coat tails is reporting record donations, saying that it's unlike anything they've ever seen.
                          hard to believe you can take this point of view when half the country, literally, wants the man impeached and removed.

When more than half the country voted against him in 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            It’s quite funny, in an ironic way. The democrats could have made Trump a one term president, but the are doing their best to turn him into a two term president and hand the house over, at the same time.
                            If calling out the lawbreaking Trump has engaged in is actually encouraging more people to vote for him, then we are in big trouble as a country.

Comment

If calling out the lawbreaking Trump has engaged in is actually encouraging more people to vote for him, then we are in big trouble as a country.
                              And there you go again, showing it’s impossible to have any sort of discussion with you. You’re doing great in making Trump a two term president. He should hire you.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

hard to believe you can take this point of view when half the country, literally, wants the man impeached and removed.
                                Jim, I believe that was one poll, and it's a bit out of date now. As of today, according to FiveThirtyEight, it's actually less than half...

538 poll.jpg

Besides, we're not a democracy.

When more than half the country voted against him in 2016.
                                As you are well aware, our national elections are geared toward electoral college votes, not the popular vote. Both sides campaigned precisely that way.

If the election were to have been based on popular vote, no doubt both sides would have run their campaigns accordingly.

Comment