Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Wait, Schiff READ it? Out loud?
    Yep. And now Democrats are trying to claim it as evidence of witness intimidation, but as Jim Jordan sensibly pointed out, the witness is currently on the stand and would have never known about the tweet if Shifty Schiff hadn't announced it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Yep. And now Democrats are trying to claim it as evidence of witness intimidation, but as Jim Jordan sensibly pointed out, the witness is currently on the stand and would have never known about the tweet if Shifty Schiff hadn't announced it.
      He just caint hep hisseff.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Exactly! And why, when he's chairing a hearing is he reading Twitter?!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Exactly! And why, when he's chairing a hearing is he reading Twitter?!

His minions eagerly brought it to his attention.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            If she was treated as badly as is claimed - and I have no reason not to believe she was - that's not an impeachable offense, Jim.
            Apparently Nunes suggested she take the matter up with Human Resources.

Comment

Apparently Nunes suggested she take the matter up with Human Resources.
              For the most part, the Republicans appear to be treading very lightly because of the potential for them to appear to be "beating up a girl", though it is well established that she's a quite capable woman.

It's all about optics.

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken bribery in the Context of Impeachment is only impeachable if Trump was the one being bribed not Trump making sure that there is no corruption in the foreign government receiving before the U.S. gives them aid of any kind. kinda shows how much of a kangaroo court the Democrats have made of Impeachment.
                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-15-2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  For the most part, the Republicans appear to be treading very lightly because of the potential for them to appear to be "beating up a girl", though it is well established that she's a quite capable woman.

It's all about optics.
                  I'm reading that Nunes tried to concede his time to a female representative to ask questions, but Schiff blocked it saying that Nunes "can only yield time to GOP counsel".

Comment

I'm reading that Nunes tried to concede his time to a female representative to ask questions, but Schiff blocked it saying that Nunes "can only yield time to GOP counsel".
                    I was watching that.... Schiff is being very controlling and manipulating.

Comment

• Twitter was important enough to interrupt the hearing? Yeah, right.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I saw it happening that is exactly what was happening.

Comment

• Roy, I am on my phone so forgive me if I have the wrong thread. I think we discussed motive in passing and I said none of the principles had testified. I was mistaken. Sondland is a principle and has testified.

Jim L thinks he's a perjurer so it doesn't help much but I wanted to keep it straight.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Which goes back to something that Vindman said. Namely that he was worried that Trump is trying to "subvert U.S. foreign policy." But Trump, as POTUS, is in charge of setting foreign policy.
                            Except that "foreign policy" in this instance seems to be Trump withholding much needed Congressional-approved support for Ukraine to fight Russian incursion, until he got the assurance that the Ukrainian president will provide ‘dirt’ on a political rival. In short, a Shakedown.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              Except that "foreign policy" in this instance seems to be Trump withholding much needed Congressional-approved support for Ukraine to fight Russian incursion, until he got the assurance that the Ukrainian president will provide ‘dirt’ on a political rival. In short, a Shakedown.
                              The above appears to exist only in the fetid imaginations of the TDS crew with the only evidence coming from second, third and even fourth degree hearsay like the old REO Speedwagon song:
                              "Heard it from a friend who
                              Heard it from a friend who
                              Heard it from another..."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Alleged, not proven, facts not evidence. Actual fact: Trump supplied the lethal assistance Obama denied.

Comment