Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Ah, deflection. OK, I'll play...

I'm multi-tasking. I'm responding to you and others, but I'm also praising God in the things He has done in and around me, in my daughter who was living in rebellion, but was gloriously brought back to the Lord and is serving Him...

So, your turn.
      I am here because I want to be.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        I am here because I want to be.
        Well, then!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]40603[/ATTACH]
          well hey - at least they got who's right side up and who's upside down correct!

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            well hey - at least they got who's right side up and who's upside down correct!

We can also note that people in the NZ are like they guy on the non-left side.

Comment

I think I intend it to kinda defuse a situation where things kinda devolve into a hopeless back-n-forth, but who knows?
              I would say "hopeless back and forth" is pretty much the definition of this forum. It's why I haven't been around much lately. The exercise is essentially pointless.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                I would say "hopeless back and forth" is pretty much the definition of this forum. It's why I haven't been around much lately. The exercise is essentially pointless.
                But you can be PROUD of me, Carpe, cause I have been so much kinder and gentler with JimL, as kind of an experiment to see if he could do likewise, and I think it has cut the traffic on this site by about 63.275%!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Because Mueller felt obliged to toss in the "does not exonerate" (not his job) and didn't have the guts to refer for prosecution or impeachment.... just fuels both sides! "See there, he's INNOCENT" - "see there, he's NOT EXONERATED, therefore he's GUILTY".
                  It isn't Muellers job to refer for prosecution or Impeachment. Mueller was obliged to toss in the "does not exonerate" because, for one, the DOJ rules prevent him from indicting, and two, because of all the obstruction, which ultimately left him no choice but to turn it over to the Congress which is the court in which a sitting president is tried. Trump's Roy Cohn, i.e. Atty Gen Barr, took it upon himself to exonerate the President rather than to turn the report over to Congress. Atty Gen Barr did the same thing again by refusing to investigate the whistleblowers claims regarding the Presidents dealings with Ukraine leaving Congress no choice but to investigate that matter on their own. The one who fueled both sides was Barr who corruptly decided the matter on his own while hiding the greater part of the report from the American people. That guy is as corrupt as is Trump and should be impeached right along with him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    It isn't Muellers job to refer for prosecution or Impeachment. Mueller was obliged to toss in the "does not exonerate" because....
                    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, Jim, but lacking citations, that's all this is.

Comment

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, Jim, but lacking citations, that's all this is.
                      No, as he stated, that was Muellers understanding of the DOJ rules. If Mueller thought that the President should be indicted, and yet knew that he could not, that it wasn't under his purview to indict, that it was the job of Congress to make that determination, not him, then common sense tells you that he had little choice but to acknowledge that the report "does not exonerate him."

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        No, as he stated, that was Muellers understanding of the DOJ rules.
                        His opinion - other legal experts disagree.

If Mueller thought that the President should be indicted, and yet knew that he could not, that it wasn't under his purview to indict, that it was the job of Congress to make that determination, not him, then common sense tells you that he had little choice but to acknowledge that the report "does not exonerate him."
                        Interesting that you eliminated the possibility of recommendation for impeachment, and dealt only with the concept of indictment.

Jim, with all due respect, you have not demonstrated yourself to be very knowledgeable in how the law actually works.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]40603[/ATTACH]
                          Meh. That really doesn't look all that Escher-y to me.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            There is zero evidence of quid pro quo concerning Biden, second, he should be obstructing these unfounded witch hunts. I don't remember you getting upset when Obama obstructed Congress, and I don't remember the Republicans starting an impeachment process.
                            That's simply not true. Vindman, the latest official to testify as part of the impeachment probe says the transcript omitted Trump discussing tapes of Joe Biden, and Zelensky explicitly referring to Burisma. And the original “perfect” transcript that Trump released was pretty damning on its own, lending credence to the original impeachment inquiry.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

His opinion - other legal experts disagree.
                              And that opinion appears to be a decidedly minority one.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                That's simply not true. Vindman, the latest official to testify as part of the impeachment probe says the transcript omitted Trump discussing tapes of Joe Biden, and Zelensky explicitly referring to Burisma. And the original “perfect” transcript that Trump released was pretty damning on its own, lending credence to the original impeachment inquiry.
                                Even the staunchly anti-Trump New York Times has admitted that the things that Vindman (who appears to be the source for the first whistleblower) wanted added to the transcript in no way changed its meaning and therefore still doesn't show Trump strong arming Ukraine.

Comment